Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Superjump Feedback [Pre-Excalibur Redux]

Mak_Gohae

Although I primarily use Loki (Prime), I'd like to say...

I agree that the different ability set should be optional. Some people really like his old set.

Might as well bring old mods that were also removed cause they were not suitable then, cause "some people liked it"

Because that's definitely the same exact thing as a "complete" frame rework.

It isn't a complete rework. Slash Dash is getting a usability tweak, Radial Blind is getting mobility during use, and RJ is getting some undefined tweaks. The only rework is replacing SP with a new ultimate.

Edited by egregiousRac

It isn't a complete rework. Slash Dash is getting a usability tweak, Radial Blind is getting mobility during use, and RJ is getting some undefined tweaks. The only rework is replacing SP with a new ultimate.

Bruh, rework = " make changes to (something), especially in order to make it more up to date." so yea its a complete rework

Wait, you are talking about the upcoming big Excalibur ability changes?

The complete change of the 4th ability, the deletion of superjump (so we can get a working version of Radial Javelin instead), a better Radial blind we can use while moving around, a faster Slash-dash where we can really dash to enemies and slash them, right?

And you think that is a bad idea? Why?

I personally rarely use his 1st ability, and radial blind is good (even great with the new augment) but it will probably be even better when we can use it without standing still in one place.... and a new 4th ability? A Master-Sword-ish Energy sword that allows us to shoot energy/laser-stuff?

Sorry, but that doesn't sound bad in my opinion. Sure, I like the current abilities in a way (and I am a huge Excalibur fan^^) but I am looking forward to the upcoming big changes.

Soooo: No to "no shaving"!

Instead I would like to hear some (good) reasons why you think the big changes are a bad idea. And maybe some ideas how you think DE could improve the current abilities of Excalibur (or if you think they are good as they are currently: please explain WHY you think that :3)

edit:

And don't forget that we will have to wait and see how the future changes will work ingame. Maybe they will work great and more people will use Excalibur..or the overall mobility and feeling of Excalibur gets even better.... or maybe it won't work at all and all the Excalis out there will cry even louder....who knows? We have to wait.

There is no use in hating things that aren't even out yet....

Behold the glory of a shaved Excalibur o3o (not serious after this sentence.)

Y6CzKu2.jpg

Yea... I know, I know :s 

Edited by Fabpsi

You understand that Super Jump can be outdone by 80% of the Directional melees? 

Really? Can you tell me how to directional jump by pressing one button?

I totally missed that.

We will leave out the other effects and just focus on that.

How do you do it?

13 items in the foundry are ready --CLAIM THEM NOW-- at your earliest convinience.

I had 43 a couple weeks ago.

Bruh, rework = " make changes to (something), especially in order to make it more up to date." so yea its a complete rework

Three of the abilities are being kept fairly similar to before. Would you call the Nekros changes that happened recently a rework? One ability is being replaced altogether, but the rest is just small QoL changes.

Really? Can you tell me how to directional jump by pressing one button?

I totally missed that.

We will leave out the other effects and just focus on that.

How do you do it?

Well first of all, as was said, the rework is coming with an overhaul to parkour, also the number of buttons pressed is irrelevant, case in point melee coptering requiring at least three more then three button presses (shift+W+space+ctrl+E), while giving every frame better forward mobility then slash dash.

Use the Sheev for that baby smooth feel!

4x96ubW.jpg

Edited by rapt0rman

Well first of all, as was said, the rework is coming with an overhaul to parkour, also the number of buttons pressed is irrelevant, case in point melee coptering requiring at least three button presses, while giving every frame better forward mobility then slash dash.

Use the Sheev for that baby smooth feel!

4x96ubW.jpg

The button presses IS the point.

Reacting to a battle situation by pressing 1 button is better than needed to press, you know, more than one button.

If you are fine by pressing several buttons that's cool. But we should have the option to keep the old move set if we want.

And, nice emblem.

Slash Dash: You'll now be sidestepping from one enemy to another, slicing them up one by one. Also, you'll be able to stop the skill by pressing the skill button again. If anything, the skill will be close to the old Ash's Bladestorm. Not what I define as a few "tweaks".

Jump: Will be replaced. 

Radial Blind is getting tweaked, as in slightly adjusted.

Edited by KingTaro

Slash Dash: You'll now be sidestepping from one enemy to another, slicing them up one by one. Also, you'll be able to stop the skill by pressing the skill button again. If anything, the skill will be close to the old Ash's Bladestorm. Not what I define as a few "tweaks".

Radial Blind is getting tweaked, as in slightly adjusted.

Javelin is staying, it's getting updated and moved to button 3, the energy blade is what's replacing super jump.

Nvm, you edited it :P

Edited by rapt0rman

Radial Javelin: Will be something like the Valkyr's 4th skill. Excalibur will equip an Energy sword, but unlike Valkyr, he'll be able to shoot Energy waves and what not. Again, how can this be considered as a simple tweak?

Radial Blind is the only skill that is getting tweaked, as in slightly adjusted.

In short, 1 skill is being tweaked, 2 skills get a complete rework and 1 skill is being replaced.

Slash Dash is bouncing between targets in a cone, but still works as a mobility skill as it does now. It will no longer be being blocked by random enemies.

Super Jump is being removed. Big whoop.

Radial Blind is getting a small tweak, as you said.

Radial Javelin getting moved to the 3 spot and getting some small undefined tweaks.

A new ult is being created.

That is two QoL changes, some undefined tweaks, and a new skill.

Slash Dash is bouncing between targets in a cone, but still works as a mobility skill as it does now.

Source on that last bit? I've seen literally nothing about SD being usable as a mobility skill; it seemed more like it would function with auto-targeting (like Archwing melee) to me.

OT:

Don't worry, OP, you're not the only one who feels this way. I'm definitely going to miss SD for mobility and momentum canceling, as well as SJ for being one of the game's most reliable zero-delay panic buttons.

But unfortunately, for every Excal main who enjoys using SJ, there are going to be twenty other players who don't seem to understand how a 10-energy invisibility/relocation panic button with super armor that disables Bombard tracking could possibly be useful.

Losing SJ as a mobility tool isn't too bad since Movement 2.0 will give us all charged jumps anyways, but losing SJ as a risk-free evasion tool is still going to suck big time. The new Javelin had better be worth it.

Edited by SortaRandom