Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Superjump Feedback [Pre-Excalibur Redux]

Mak_Gohae

the new excal is way better. literally all that's being asked is to keep a measley little jump that is outclassed by literally everything. you wanna jump high? there are weapons that can shoot you up high for free. wanna be stealthed? get a shade or that one kubrow. besides that stealth is so pathetic it's hardly worth the energy. i honestly don't know what' wrong with the new excal. also parkour 2.0 is gonna be way better mobility wise. 

Now that Parkour 2.0 is dead... its really not the best time to completely take away the mobility of Ex.

I don't think I ever facepalmed this hard over a post before. 

Parkour 2.0 still being in the process of being tweaked is not the same as it being dead. In fact, nobody in the Devstream (which I'm listening to as I'm typing this) even implies that Parkour 2.0 is "dead". There are many considerations discussed for Parkour 2.0, but nobody said that they're abandoning it or anything along those lines. 

As to them not showing flat-ground charged jump, they're really not going to show us everything of a system that's under heavy rework and revision that encompasses the whole game, compared to the mostly complete Excal rework. Not to mention they're not going to be catering to every watcher's questions. 

Also, we do in fact see a near vertical Slash Dash in the devstream around 40:31 of the Youtube upload, which appears to reach the same height as the current Super Jump. 

I'm an avid user of Super Jump, but I don't think I'm going to miss it once Parkour 2.0 and Excal 2.0 comes out. 

From what we saw it was turned into Super Warframe Bros.

It's all about jumping now.

Look how long it took them to actually get to explaining. They were petrified because all that they showed was nixed. Pun intended.

Diagonally was shown.

Plus that cost more than twice of what SJ was which means you have to add more energy to your builds if you want constant use of it.

Except it now provides mobility, damage and ending it draws out of melee, furthering melee play. You're comparing it to a skill which you jump up, congrats. It can also do that as it's directed by where you look.

Losing the mobility of SnD. Now you ping-pong yourself deeper into trouble. Look at the video, it was humorous. That power will only be used a low levels when you guaranteed a kill. Outside of that, there is no reason i can think of to jump into the middle of enemies.

Mobility, it also a quick way to move inbetween crowds when in melee. Nice try.

That jump in SnD, need more info. Diagonal rush is not SJ, plus it cost way more than SJ.

Explained before, it's directed by where you look at.

RB having mobility means little when everyone around you is stunned. Sure, it's for the execution but given that execution takes some time i dont know how many you will be able to perform before everyone starts running around.

Mobility allows continuous combat and does not root excalibur in place. Also you don't have to activate finisher based on where you attack. You cannot finish infested or corpus robots anyway.

Dont know about RJ. And the 4th looks cool when people arent moving. This looks to be a power where you run in the middle of a group of enemies and with no immunity...... that's not that good. Sure, sliding gives you a free RB but i dont think that is going to be that much to cover you all around.

I like how you know exactly what the skill is when we just learned what it looks like, not the stats or anything.

What have i exaggerated?

The negatives of this change. And frankly it's hilarious. It's like those old people that cling to the past and refuse change

Edited by Buzkyl

does anyone else notice excal's new moveset makes him more like valkyr?

ripline is a movement tool that can be used to pull enemies

slash dash can now be used as a movement tool but is mainly an attack skill

paralysis stuns enemies and allows finishers in a cone

radial blind stuns enemies in a circle

war cry =/= radial javelin

hysteria = invulnerability + melee

excal's new 4th = HERO OF TIME MODE!(cept you dont need full health to shoot beams of light)

Something tells me that op hardly uses excalibur. At all

Something tells me you hardly eaten cheesecake.

The world doesn't revolve around you.

If you didnt know..... everyone that has an account here can make a thread and post topics.

You cant, too!

Why are you trying so hard to stretch every little thing to be so negative? 

Is not really negative, it's just showing people that keep claiming everything is getting an upgrade. It's not.

Stuff is being changed mainly.

the new excal is way better.

Newcal is a different frame. It's being changed to a new playstyle that you may like but not everyone does.

literally all that's being asked is to keep a measley little jump that is outclassed by literally everything.you wanna jump high? there are weapons that can shoot you up high for free. wanna be stealthed? get a shade or that one kubrow. besides that stealth is so pathetic it's hardly worth the energy.

No, this is what you make the opposing argument to be because you dont actually want to have a discussion.

I have no problem with people wanting Newcal, all i am asking is to give some people the option to keep Cal Classic.

Some of you arent even providing that courtesy, some of you are just saying FU! Take it.

i honestly don't know what' wrong with the new excal. also parkour 2.0 is gonna be way better mobility wise.

Never said there was anything wrong with Newcal. Just pointing out the differences between what we got now.

excal's new 4th = HERO OF TIME MODE!(cept you dont need full health to shoot beams of light)

slash dash has always been more on the mobility side as it does low damage, the radial blind was there first and the augment was added for finishers , and the ult was to make him a better melee bases frame Valk was the only one before with a melee based kit

Excalibro overhaul is just the beginning it is the path to overhaul and reworrk at other warframes and wanting to keep the old move set is ridiculous abandon your love for it and relish it in its new glory 

I had made a previous post about how much Better this new excal will be ( and I still believe that ) without really seeing the other side's argument. I see why you would wish for him to stay as he is due to mobility reasons because not much has been said on parkour 2.0 and excal isn't fast on his own. But, really people shouldn't be asking for much because excalibur was the first frame that they made, DE came up with his abilities and play style to how they wanted him to be, and since the majority of the community really disliked the changes to his RJ and RB, they decided to rework him.

Those wishing for it to stay probably won't get what you want because DE thinks this is the right way for excal to go, we can't tell if that is or isn't true until parkour 2.0 and the rework come out.

his ult doenst make him invulnerable ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

and id say slash dash is alot more practical then ripline, its like a smaller tail wind

Can't please everyone. This is just one of the things that you'll need to go with the flow.Suck it up. Most of the people like the upcoming Excal changes. I understand you're trying to make points out of your logic, but it's asking too much if you're asking for the old skillset to stay as well.

I'd respect their hard works and give it a try and criticize when it comes to say the least.

You might be another player that doesn't understand "give it a try and criticize when it comes," since you're still arguing to convince people to your opinion. It's not goona work buddy. Find something else to do.

Really? Can you tell me how to directional jump by pressing one button?

I totally missed that.

We will leave out the other effects and just focus on that.

How do you do it?

Wait, so...You're opposing the rework because having to press one more button is unacceptable? Well...See, it's funny, cause think how many button presses you wasted with a certain thread. >_>

Why the hell would OP not want the reworked Excalibur? The rework blew away almost everyone's expectations in a good way. Slash Dash is a #1 ability that actually looks extremely decent. You can even aim it at the air to zoom upwards. 

What are u doing in russian tree? 

Совсем уже поехали со своим эксом.

Могу и на русском пересказать, мне не сложно. Мне кажется что с ребилдом экса многое потеряется. Впрочем новые новости немного радуют, была инфа что рывок можно будет использовать для прыжка. А вот то, что при включении ульты обычное мили убирается - обидно, я люблю свой меч(

Собственно убирание мили в ульте - одна из приичин, почему я отказался от вальки.

What's going on? 

Oh btw, new first excal ability looks meh. Booring in action, booring in animation.

It was Rebecca playing in a cluster of enemies, she was ALWAYS in close range and the enemies were close in a group running towards her, we just couldnt see Excal "ping-ponging" from enemy to enemy.

I really hate when hysteria takes away my weapon but ok there is some logic in this. But why would excalibur will suddenly decide to sheath the weapon he know how to use to take weapon he bad with? I really like idea with summoned blades that automatically throw themselves into enemies you attack. It does all the same but do not take away your favorite weapon. And without stupid slashing waves. And hey! It may work with guns!

Edited by Repligon

In 17 update DE-guys want to rework Excalibur. It`s interesting, but it should be done carefully.

There is a few word from the true excalibur-lover. This frame is my favorite from the beginning and, think, till the end.

Excalibur NOT a powerfull frame. It is NOT damager like nova, it is NOT controller like voban and it is not stealth like rhino (joke).

Excalibur is versatile. It can be used in different places and situations.

What we have now?

1) we have escape. first skill really no usefull for dealing damage. It is good for dashing. Now i am here, then look, i am already there.

2) blind. awesome. really. it`s not a control for control. it is thing that let u kill greeneer tough guy fast (syndicat mode), or 3-4 hislittle friends and it will help you to survive and run when it`s need.

3) jump. MOBILITY. this skill put you on the second floor of Deffense in the Void. This skill pick you up on the next floor to your alvost duying teammate so u give him res. It is usefully then ultimate imho because u NOT A DAMAGE DEALLER. You are the last chase for your friends and yourself.

4) spear. nice for low-lvl enemy, useless for tough 40+ lvl mobs. (sindicate mod was good idea, but on 40+ u can`t kill mobs no with ult, no with even modified melee. it`s not enough.)

Ex is mobility, ex is there, where it needed, ex is frame of strong middle lane.

New rework take off our escape. It will be damage skill now, like a stance kombo? No, it will be a lost escape. Low damage, low speed, no effect. Imho bad idea, guys.

It also take of our jump. OK, you make a air-strike and it should useing instead of jump. BUT... for example, air-strike with dragon nikana can`t hold me so high as this jump. We lost mobility, now only Zephir will be fast. Offensively.

(give me runnig speed at least)

DE guys let us hold the ult. OK, this is really i am the one who don`t use it mostly. Maybe it will change after rework.

And the most interesting. The new ult, energy-blade. There is two points of view: ex-trueblader and ex-non-trueblader.

If non-trueblader use ortos or smth - ult use him to kill enemyes by blade. Changing is good, but non-blader mostly prefer it`s own non-blade waepon. For him ENERGY BLADE IS BAD IDEA.

OK, then what with ex-blader? Two years he trying different blades, make a build which will be usefull for close combat. (tell a short fact - i use the "streaming shield" mod for increase stamina for blocking and "parry" mod in my dr nikana for makes one-hit kills.)

And the greater, most interesting skill take MY NIKANA from my hands, give me diffeerent blade, with different stance and... nothing more. And i will die with this ligthsaber, because i use ult when i need help... and rich a jedi saber. Jedi saber with no any deffense, any control or smth that can save me in really bad moment.

GIVE ME MY NIKANA BACK. Ult can make smth else of interesting. It can summon light blades with fight on your side and parry bullets, it can stick light blades in target when your strike it. It can summon few blades in the 1 second at the strike-moment and make each your strike x6 (with animation of 5 different lightblade strikes at the seme moment when u strike). It should give u damage, yes, it should help you kill one-three tough guys, yes. This is right way for Excalibur. But DON`T TAKE OFF MY WAEPON. Please. This is the part of character, of the "tenno-way". Light-blade is good, but it is a candy for kids, it`s not seriosly.

I just hope that somebody from DE read this and think on the solo-excalibur conception and this announced ex ult.

I like excalibur. Hope u make it only better, without killng him spirit.

Thanks for attention

Antari

you really shouldnt be showing your opinions now, your kind of too late. They were taking opinions for a while before the devstream they said they were reworking him with. 

just hope for the best

I really hate when hysteria takes away my weapon but ok there is some logic in this. But why would excalibur will suddenly decide to sheath the weapon he know how to use to take weapon he bad with? I really like idea with summoned blades that automatically throw themselves into enemies you attack. It does all the same but do not take away your favorite weapon. And without stupid slashing waves. And hey! It may work with guns!

<snip>

No one has even experienced the rework yet.  How about you calm down, try it out first, and then complain if you don't like it.