The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Removed Weapons From Our Back?

_Rue_

I think an easier, and related solution would be having weapons collapse/expand when holstered/unholstered.

this might have to be made for each weapon. How small will it be after?

I just prefer it to disappear.

I like it as an option, just an option.

Definitely an option. maybe even an option for certain weapons (with check boxes)

I greatly enjoy that idea honestly. Maybe not for melee, but having a huge sniper strapped on my back, or a bow awkwardly clashing with the quiver just is so anti-aesthetic to me. I would love a kind of "transformer" style animation where the weapon materializes from your wrist and then juts out from itself and expands section by section.

The glaive is the only weapon that does it so far.

I can't say I like this. Takes away a lot of mercenary vibe and adds a lot of 'wohoo it's magical girl time! let's have magic summoning with puffs of light and summoning circles!'-esque feel to it.

I'd be down for composite sheaths  that provide an all-in-one holstering option or separate weapon holsters and sheaths. Weapons on your warframes give them this nice compact look currently.

But I can't get behind this, sorry! :(

Not hating on your idea, just stating my 2 cents.

Eh, I'm not up for it.

Too many games do the whole "pull it out from your $#@$#" thing and it really bothers me. I like how tangible it feels when the weapons are actually on their bodies. It also looks badass, in my opin-onion.

Also, Tenno are powerful, but they aren't powerful enough to summon things from thin air and have them in solid existence. The closest we have to that is Limbo, who just sends stuff to another dimension. Ash and Excalibur can only keep up energy blades for so long before they disappear.

I can't say I like this. Takes away a lot of mercenary vibe and adds a lot of 'wohoo it's magical girl time! let's have magic summoning with puffs of light and summoning circles!'-esque feel to it.

I'd be down for composite sheaths  that provide an all-in-one holstering option or separate weapon holsters and sheaths. Weapons on your warframes give them this nice compact look currently.

But I can't get behind this, sorry! :(

Not hating on your idea, just stating my 2 cents.

Eh, I'm not up for it.

Too many games do the whole "pull it out from your $#@$#" thing and it really bothers me. I like how tangible it feels when the weapons are actually on their bodies. It also looks badass, in my opin-onion.

Also, Tenno are powerful, but they aren't powerful enough to summon things from thin air and have them in solid existence. The closest we have to that is Limbo, who just sends stuff to another dimension. Ash and Excalibur can only keep up energy blades for so long before they disappear.

gold.  my thoughts exactly.  +1mil

the great thing about it is it's optional. It can be a setting or a plat upgrade.

I definitely agree that running around bristling with weapons looks bad &#!... except when the weapons clip into each other(ever got that sword through the primary?)... and oh yeah where are the ammo clips stored again?

all i'm saying is, it'll look better. if they set it up as a setting, your tenno can bristle with all the weapons you have and mine can look nice.

And what about something like Mass Effect ? When you holster a weapon in that game, it compacts itself into a cube-like form. And you can have up to 5 weapons (Sniper and shotgun, assault rifle, pistol, smg) in Mass Effect 3

Or we could have little neat option in menus wich says: "weapons visible when holstered on/off"

definitely could be as simple as this!

How bout we add ammo clips to attach to your warframe? Sheaths? More badass, no?

Clipping needs to be fixed. Why adopt a 'it's faulty, off with its head!' Approach? :)

I don't get this.

Clipping is an issue, an issue easily side stepped by other games mentioned above. When DE has resources to spare, it can work on clipping as you want it to be addressed. for now a quick fix like this, seems to resonate with most of the people who care to comment.

definitely could be as simple as this!

I don't get this.

Clipping is an issue, an issue easily side stepped by other games mentioned above. When DE has resources to spare, it can work on clipping as you want it to be addressed. for now a quick fix like this, seems to resonate with most of the people who care to comment.

Problem is that the solutions listed are at least Imo cut-pasted out of games. Directly copying is something I do not want Warframe to adopt. 

Warframe's 3 weapon choice is fine; It's unique and lends to it's vibe.

When you see a warrior wade into battle bearing his gun and blades, you have a reverence for him. His weapons bristling on his back, in his battle's wake give him a charisma and sense of reality which conjuring out weapons out of thin air and puffs of energy do not have.

Tenno are like wraiths, with one foot in the present and future and another in the past they cannot leave behind. Carryiing their weapons cements this vibe-

Your weapons are real, they are there. They are old. But still in your hands they shine again, slay again.

You have that oriental, antique feel to your kit.