Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Greedy Pull Gets Nerfed, We'll Just Use Ev Trin

motorfirebox

I'm sure they're constantly thinking of different ways to deal with Draco. The one they're gravitating towards (magnetizing towards?) right now is nerfing Greedy Pull. As I've said, if nerfing Greedy Pull will solve something, nerf away. But Draco, and camping in general, isn't one of the things it will solve.

Edited by motorfirebox

I'm sure they're constantly thinking of different ways to deal with Draco. The one they're gravitating towards (magnetizing towards?) right now is nerfing Greedy Pull. As I've said, if nerfing Greedy Pull will solve something, nerf away. But Draco, and camping in general, isn't one of the things it will solve.

No, may not solve Draco. But for camping, you'll actually have to move to get pickups instead of sit there watching Netflix and acting like one of the Bots Chinese Gold Farmers run in MMORPGs instead of actually playing the game on some level. At least with Trinity someone has to pay enough attention to keep EV up.

Edited by Ceryk

No, may not solve Draco. But for camping, you'll actually have to move to get pickups instead of sit there watching Netflix and acting like one of the Bots Chinese Gold Farmers run in MMORPGs instead of actually playing the game on some level.

Well, not if you bring a Booben.

Again, I don't have a problem nerfing GP if that will fix something. But the issues that GP are a part of run much deeper than GP.

I don't think they are nerfing it just because of Draco though. I thought they said something about it being used 4x more than any other ability in the game. I think that's the real reason they planning to change it, because of the stunning amount of overuse, not just because of it's effects/Draco.

Have you considered the stunning overuse might be because of Draco? Even so just because an ability is used a lot, that alone should not be in any way a justification for a nerf. And assuming it is overused because of Draco/farming then it goes back to the point that the power itself is not the issue.

They're nerfing Greedy Pull because it's used 4x more than any other power in the game. It's not because of Draco, it's because it's horribly unbalanced compared to the rest of the game's powers. Using an EV Trinity would pose little issue since nobody is disrupting the battlefield, and Mesa requires LoS and range anyway. Practically nobody had an issue before GMag was a thing.

Read what I said above. Also when GP came out practially everyone dismissed it as useless, that was until it's Draco use was discovered which is when people actually began to notice it; 'horribly unbalanced'? I fail to see what is so horribly unbalanced about being able to pull loot, outside of the camping issue the augment is hardly hurtfull.

Also there were issues with other frames fit for farming before GMag, so don't you try to shift the blame onto it.

-------

The fact that DE is deciding to nerf the power in a time like this with the whole Draco situation just screams kneejerk reaction. While DE can learn from their mistakes sometimes we also know they cannot too.

Wait.

Why aren't we already using EV trin?

The way EV works ... It has cast time so it is hard to EV targets that are in Mesa LoS due to very random nature of Peacemaker shooting.

But I used it successfully in Void Def missions, where you can EV targets out of Mesa LoS easily.

I have to disagree. Mesa cant get energy while being in Peacemaker and a Trinity cannot pull and give you all the mods. You would need to run around and get mods like before. I agree it would still be exploitable but you can still accomplish what you wanted but with just a little more effort.

Then they will nerf trin. Then they will nerf energy restores, then they will nerf energy orbs and then efficiency. De knows all, hears all, sees all. If players keep doing this to the game then they will nerf it to the ground. Thats not to say they won't rework the XP and loot system for less grind, they have said they will, and they will. We just have to be patient.

Then they will nerf trin. Then they will nerf energy restores, then they will nerf energy orbs and then efficiency. De knows all, hears all, sees all. If players keep doing this to the game then they will nerf it to the ground. Thats not to say they won't rework the XP and loot system for less grind, they have said they will, and they will. We just have to be patient.

DE are actually incredibly short sighted.

This whole issue was caused by nightmare mods in the first place, which enable things like 75% efficiency, 235% range, 40% power duration, etc.

They should either remove those or make affinity gain more available in general. Since let's face it ... Weapons are designed to be crap without being rank 30 4 or 5 forma things.

DE are actually incredibly short sighted.

This whole issue was caused by nightmare mods in the first place, which enable things like 75% efficiency, 235% range, 40% power duration, etc.

They should either remove those or make affinity gain more available in general. Since let's face it ... Weapons are designed to be crap without being rank 30 4 or 5 forma things.

DE added those mods in to increase the power of warframes when they increased the power of the enemies we face. What they did not foresee was that they would be used together in ways, like mesa and mag to exploit game mechanics. What they need to do now is nerf energy pickups or efficiency, inline with then more powerful abilities they have introduced.

DE added those mods in to increase the power of warframes when they increased the power of the enemies we face. What they did not foresee was that they would be used together in ways, like mesa and mag to exploit game mechanics. What they need to do now is nerf energy pickups or efficiency, inline with then more powerful abilities they have introduced.

Exactly what I am saying.

They introduced super efficiency with nightmare mods ... And now they want to nerf it. :P

Considering that Viver was over six months ago, I don't think it's likely that DE is going to suddenly start nerfing everything in an attempt to get rid of farming.

The easiest way to discourage people from spamming Greedy Pull would be to put a cooldown on the augment (not the ability itself). So you could pull all you want, but loot comes flying only every five seconds or so. This would also make it easier for teammates to pick it up before it zooms past them again ...

I don't think this would help really. Even if you only had mag pull every 30 seconds you could keep a mesa going. Besides in the last devstream they said cooldowns weren't an option on the table. 

we don't want the game to feel like a giant grindwall, but we'll introduce primed mods, arcanes, and remove efficient R5 Core and XP grind spots.

There's a point where optimism turns into delusion.

we don't want the game to feel like a giant grindwall, but we'll introduce primed mods, arcanes, and remove efficient R5 Core and XP grind spots.

There's a point where optimism turns into delusion.

The new star chart will most likely fix all alot of problems. Draco will not be an interception for ever and players will have to find new places to get there XP quickly. Primed mods and Arcanes are content for veteran players who want a challenge and have enough resources to afford these items. DE has stated that they will be looking at the XP and loot system in an attempt to reduce the grind. They have talked about removing raw damage mods and even higher login rewards. THey are working to fix the problems, stop saying they arent. 

Then players will stop playing and DE's revenue source will dry up. Not because people can't camp anymore but because everything has been nerfed into uselessness, and nothing is fun to play as anymore.  Nerfing people's toys rather than fixing the underlying problems is never a good solution.

Then players will stop playing and DE's revenue source will dry up. Not because people can't camp anymore but because everything has been nerfed into uselessness, and nothing is fun to play as anymore.  Nerfing people's toys rather than fixing the underlying problems is never a good solution.

My example was to the extreme. What im saying is that people need to stop asking for all the changes and reworks to happen NOW. This puts pressure on the devs and they resort to quick fixes to solve the problems instantly, like the community wants. Honestly, the problem lies with loot/XP distribution and energy. 

Yes, the reward structure is severely unequal, but without going into that,

This whole issue was caused by nightmare Corrupted mods in the first place, which enable things like 75% efficiency, 235% range, 40% power duration, etc.

Wouldn't the simplest solution, then,  be to make beneficial Power modifying mods mutually exclusive?

(You know, like Transient Fortitude was with Intensify/Blind Rage when it was first implemented.)

what kind of childish mentality these devs have really? because a frame is in use or a power is in use over others for awhile they are gonna go bonkers and nerf it, what happens if every ability is used equally are they gonna nerf every one of them?

I don't think they are nerfing it just because of Draco though. I thought they said something about it being used 4x more than any other ability in the game. I think that's the real reason they planning to change it, because of the stunning amount of overuse, not just because of it's effects/Draco.

I like this logic. Lets get rid of Boltor Prime too! (I'm kidding)