Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Forgotten Melee Weapon: Daggers

Swailwort

Daggers are arguably the worst type of melee weapon in the game, not only because they have no range or damage

:They are slow as a hammer. A HAMMER.

DE, I know the daggers were extremely good back in 1.0 and all, but they suck now. Daggers need to be a fast weapon, since when a damned staff is faster than a dagger?

Daggers are in need of a buff to be viable again. I loved daggers in every other game I played as I like being stealthy, but here..Nope.

There is a dagger buff coming it was confirmed in a devstream, I think it was when they showed off a list of augments for weapon types, there was one about daggers instakilling when stealthed I believe.

^

This

you also have to keep in mind that the game is only in beta as strange as it may sound. and the likeliness of change is still high. so i would expect about a dozen different reworks in the near future that include daggers at some point.

I would prefer more a "rapid finisher hit" in the daggers, rather than buff them.. but Ok.. i'm a bit agree with this. They need something to be more viable.

And for me, i just want to perform multiples finisher attacks with daggers, like Assasin's Creed. they have a method to chain those finisher attacks... Of course in warframe we can use powers like Exca Radial or Banshee Silence with his augments. this would be awesome.

The attack rate number is relative to other weapons with the same animations. If a dagger has 0.833 attack rate, that means its animations aren't completed at standard speed for a dagger. The standard speed for daggers is much faster than hammers, though. Aside from that, I agree. Daggers should have two uses; quick-melee or stealth, but not jumping into a crowd and slashing enemies up. You'd equip them with long-range weapons so you can quickly murder the stray enemy you didn't snipe at distance.

The attack rate number is relative to other weapons with the same animations. If a dagger has 0.833 attack rate, that means its animations aren't completed at standard speed for a dagger. The standard speed for daggers is much faster than hammers, though. Aside from that, I agree. Daggers should have two uses; quick-melee or stealth, but not jumping into a crowd and slashing enemies up. You'd equip them with long-range weapons so you can quickly murder the stray enemy you didn't snipe at distance.

This +1

The fastest current copter weapon in the game is still the Ceramic Dagger which only has a base 1.0 UI attack speed.

Attack speed listed for melee is not per sec nor is a universal melee attack speed indicator. As stated by AlchemistMute, the attack speed is relative only to other weapons in the same melee class type.

Single Daggers only had a speed boost applied to Pointed Wind....Homing Fang remained constant and Sheev had only had Slide-attack sped up.

-Homing Fang is the same speed it has always been and it used to be the Fast Single Daggers Stance.....Pointed Wind was painfully slow before it got buffed, exacerbated by the fact all but 1 single Dagger is polarized for Pointed Wind. (Most players choose Pointed Wind for its high damage Multiplier, but I don't feel it compares to the swag nor 100% Slash proc on Homing Fang

-This was a great example of how Stances modify attack speed....another example is Sparring Kogake/Obex: Grim Fury vs Brutal Tide

A max attack speed Brutal Tide build is too much speed for Grim Fury or quick-melee attacks.....allowing for an attack speed faster than one can click.

(I believe max Arcane Strike plus Fury (No spoiled Strike) and full Berserker proc on quick-melee and Grim Fury is something like 16 clicks per second capable....that is without Volt Speed or WarCry additional speed boosts.

-If DE decided to buff Sparring weapons attack speed to make Brutal Tide faster rather than just buffing the stance's speed modifier : it would break/hurt Grim Fury and quick-melee)

Had they done the same with Single Daggers and just boosted base Dagger attack speed: Quick-melee and Homing Fang would have been too fast.

The only Dagger I'll say has been forgotten is Dark Dagger since it has a dance polarity that matches no current Dagger stance.....hopefully they will introduce a fast hitting single Dagger stance with combos that cater to what the community is looking for in Dagger Stances, maybe a Blind Justice like approach where Quick-melee and Finisher animations are changed with new stance.

Dual-Daggers do seem forgotten along with the entire Machete weapon class.

Gnashing Paraya could use a slight attack speed buff.

Sinking Talon, could use some forced Slash procs or higher damage multipliers.

The shown, teased, future Dagger mod- where any Stealth Dagger hit is 100% lethal, sounds like it can make Daggers OP when combined with Blind or Invisibility/Smoke Screen...as it did not state Stealth Finisher, but just Stealth attack.

(Might be completely OP if it applies to Excalibur's Exalted Blade Waves if it uses this Dagger mod....Blind Room than Wave Blade 1-shot anything regardless of armor or enemy level as it would be a melee attack using Stealth Multiplier....hmmmm)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Daggers are arguably the worst type of melee weapon in the game, not only because they have no range or damage

DE, I know the daggers were extremely good back in 1.0 and all, but they suck now. Daggers need to be a fast weapon, since when a damned staff is faster than a dagger?

Daggers are in need of a buff to be viable again. I loved daggers in every other game I played as I like being stealthy, but here..Nope.

The forgotten melee class? >_____> Scythes are also forgotten. Yeah we just got the Anku but lets be honest that came out to placate people. And even the Anku is pretty bad. Daggers and Scythes need to be re-visited. 

Edit, oh yeah and Cleavers. . . . Poor cleavers. . . .

Edited by N7-JackSwallows

• 2 weeks later...

Pointed wind + sheev makes a fast melee weapon , I like it. Machetes are the forgotten melee weapon in my opinion , they have like 1 stance and 6 different kinds which all suck.

sheev + anything= slow melee weapon. idk what you're talking about

Edited by xenoffense

does this include duel daggers? if not, i totally agree with this statement already. daggers are just dumb. if you want a dagger than you are most likely to use a duel dagger type instead.

i would like to have the classic feel of one dagger equipped and still do some damage.

daggers just need to be flat out stronger.

maybe we just need a new dependable dagger?

Yea daggers and dual need bigger stats or new better and useful weapon (1.5 speed 35 psychical damage 10%crit 20% status chance)

Yea daggers and dual need bigger stats or new better and useful weapon (1.5 speed 35 psychical damage 10%crit 20% status chance) or upgrade speed Edited by AstroLord

Since Dual-Daggers have innate multi-hit.

What if Single Daggers (Could possibly include, Machetes, Sword & Shield, & Fist weapons.) had their combo multipliers doubled.

So 5 hits would be a 3x mutliplier instead of 1.5x, 10-15 hits would be 4x instead of 2x.

This hopefully would balance out the damage disparity when accounting for reach when compared to other weapon classes.

Or Cutting Arches and Life-Eater gaining some 100% slash/Bleed procs. (Perhaps Pointed Winds's 2nd combo could get a 100% forces slash/bleed proc)