Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow Revolution?

UnderFiend

Was there a stealth buff to bows not listed in patch notes? I'm seeing a lot of bow-wielders the PUG teams I join lately. Sometimes I check, and when I do, they're not non-maxed bows. It's not all Paris Prime nor Dread, but the full gambit.

Maybe I'm just noticing it now because I finally decided to forma my Dread, but almost every PUG team I've been in for the last two weeks has a bow user other than myself. I've even been in a team or three where the majority of players were using bow primaries. Not like Attica Mirage-type play, but Excalibur, Rhino, and the rest.

Anyone else notice this or is the community just trying something new/old?

A skin for the Paris (and Mk-1) was just gifted to all players. Might that be something to do with it?

If it predates that, the customizable skins for arrows for all bows were also released somewhat recently, so it could be that too.

The Paris Skin and also the Prisma Arrow Skin the void trader had this weekend might be the reason. When you have a new skin/weapon of a certain type, people will bring out the weapon type for some runs, that would be a valid reason for more bows these last days.

Bows are good for stealth solo spy runs. Killing 2 grineers with 1 arrow and getting bonus xp is so satisfying. <3 PP.

OT No I haven't seen any bow users recently, but I don't check their gear most of the time, I can deal with mobs faster on my own.

Wasnt Dread among the top 3 most used weapons in the whole game last time they showed the global player stats?

Is it? Still? That fascinates me considering it is something that requires RNG farming and a lot of luck. However, based on the replies, yah, I think a lot of it has to do with the new skins for bow-type weapons.

I do hope DE makes more bows, though. Could you imagine a Corpus bow?