The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Let's Talk About Bosses And Invincibility Phases.

Ryujin

I dunno about you guys, but i would rather shoot a boss thousands of times and enjoy doing it, rather than waiting for the invincibility phase to wear off before i can damage them. Though, that's just me. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Personally I prefer multi-stage bosses with hidden weak spot, it adds strategy rather than a dull done thousands of times before hack and slash boss.

I'd actually like to see a tough boss fight even if youre coated in cheese, something like vorac in BL2.

Zombie Salad is a bad way of doing a boss fight, lephantus is almost there but can be cheesed too easily, modern Vey hek I find entertaining.

There is no talk about it, they are horrible and should be removed.

Playing against Lech Krill is the most biggest snore fest since it's completely random when will he freeze himself. And you need to make him freeze 4 times before you can kill him.

Invincibility phases on anything, whether it be a boss or special enemy, are never good. Save for the extremely rare times an invincibility phase is done right, which warframe, sadly, does not.

A couple things wrong with invincibility phases in warframe;

1. The grineer manic; Yet another reason to discourage the use of high-damage, low RoF weapons, other-wise known as sniper rifles, as if they were not bad enough in a game where the enemy swarms, and spawns in hordes in a closet right behind you.

2. Sargas Ruk is 'interesting' the first time, after that however, it is down-right stupid, "Lets run around sargas' ugly face for 2 minutes because he refuses to open his blue spots!"

3. Lech Kril, first of all, this boss is extremely glitchy. In phobos, he has phased through the platform countless times, sometimes even being invincible. While other times, on either of his boss nodes, his tubes REFUSE to take damage, and thus, you're stuck wondering "What the heck do I do now?"

4. Lephantis, on rare occasions, he just refuses to open his mouth for quite a while, more time than necessary, while other times, he takes far longer than necessary to have his head pop out of the ground

5. Rotten Salad-err, infested Alad V, tied with grineer manic for the WORST invincibility phases in the game. So you're telling me that, for whatever reason, we can't hurt him AT ALL until he decides to mind-control a player (which if you ask me, is a particularly dumb reason, why exactly doesn't he take damage with the collar? Does it have its own shield? If it does, then why is it IMPOSSIBLE to break?! Makes no sense, unless you go for the cheesy, "It has a huge amount of shielding" excuse, which should NOT be the case), which is when alad takes damage, but we also have to worry about the infested that continue to spawn, and that mind-controlled player that SHOOTS AT US WITH A 5 FORMA FULL-AUTO GUN, one-shotting everyone

Not much in Invincibility phases myself, but having a weak point and/or damage cap would be preferable.... then again some people hate weak spots because they cant reason that glowing area=weak point.

No, really. When reworked Ruk came, people just skipped his cutscene and went to shooting his head, I re-started the mission, saw the cutscene and the glowing spot like its saying: Shot me here.

Same with Kril, seems like they just ignore the glowing red spot on his back.

Edited by Kao-Snake

I for one am hoping that DE's gotten itself together over invincibility phases, with the latest miniboss, the Juggernaut, as hopeful proof. Though it offered a crazy amount of damage reduction, I for one was glad to have the endless torrent of bullets actually DOING something.

Nothing's more painful than farming a boss and standing around during the invincibility phase, watching less experienced players continue to empty their clips into the boss's invincible face because they believe that it actually might accomplish something.

Hopefully the new Tyl Regor and Nef Anyo boss fights will offer some kind of more imaginative challenge.

Agreed!

I'd like to see a boss you can only attack from behind with melee, but will parry YOU if you attack it head on. He would contstantly charge you while deflecting bullets and firearms with 60% damage. This would take some skill and swordplay at last!

Imagine for Lech Kril.. if we had to hack a console, only one out of .. say three or four being active at a time that turns up the heat or something until you crack his armor enough that it shatters, leaving him entirely vulnerable, instead of him having something like a 75% damage reduction.

For Sargas Ruk, I think there needs to be a way to speed up his "overheating".. perhaps luring him onto some kind of vent, or blasting hot air at him, causing his armor to become more and more vulnerable in different spots.

I'm fine with bosses having a lot of hp or damage reduction with mechanics. i-frames are a bit of a cop out.

Alad V even in his basic form is what I would define as a good boss, albeit boring like most of them.

There technically is no invincibility on Zanuka, but there's something to do instead of it being a bore. Target Alad V, then Zanuka, instead of the stupidness that is Ruk and Kril, where there are legitimate invincibility phases where you have to sit and wait for them to finish.

Maybe the devs should look around how real bosses are made. The Souls series or Devil May Cry 3 & 4.

A boss has to force you to be creative and only allow victory if you mastered your skill, not simply stand 99% of time invincible and have tiny hitboxes where you could theoretically hit him if not for the crappy hit detection in the other 1%.

There is something really, REALLY wrong with the game, if it's 10 times easier to farm Ember Prime than Ember.