The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime Textures, Mesh & Animation Bugs Collection Thread

Zareek

This problem has already been listed in my Ash Prime Bug collection thread here > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

I also collect new threads like these and list them there to show DE that we all have problems with such things, so I will add your thread to the list. Thanks!

Don't do it . is not exactly true , we still having many troubles especially when talk about unlorable parts , his chest and knees still gray don't matter what u do have tested it today , yea they have done some things on some parts but is not finished yet

Those are problems that all platforms are having, not PS4 specific like the PBR bug that was fixed with the last update.

That's a common problem between all platforms, not PS4 specific. It was an intended design decision, albeit an irritating one. That problem is still up on the main 'Textures' section. I only removed the PS4 PBR problem from the list since that has been fixed.

Agreed. I hate the ponytail (due to the clipping issues it causes with syandanas and himself)

Very much so mate, hence thank DE for the alternative helmets and Ash's normal helmet.

Yeah, wish this was possible, but I'll still use my default Ash helmet. XD

I use his Locust helmet tho, still waiting for that 3rd helmet to show up at some point.

Very much so mate, hence thank DE for the alternative helmets and Ash's normal helmet.

I wouldn't mind (as much) having to swap helmets to avoid the clipping if it weren't for the fact that there is quite a big difference in shininess on the various helmets (Ash Prime default helmet is quite damp, all other Ash helmets are very shiny).

Hello, fellow Tenno!

So, today my Ash Prime finally finished building, so, like usually, i went straight to customize some colors on him... Boy, i didn't know how terrible that'd be.

What i did, i put some true black colors. On all of his 4 options. His default skin was gray. Every single part of Ash P was gray, except for gold, which was surprisingly true black.

I tried the same with immortal skin. Only the body was black. All other parts (helm, ponytail, arms, leg pieces, sandals) were all gray.

You can see it for yourselves:

f38871435423t.jpg 3abd8cd59475t.jpg

Now, i painted him full white this time. White looks on him just like normal.
In these pictures, you may also see, that 1/3 of Ash P's body is uncolorable! That's right. Uncolorable at all. 1/3 of a warframe!
e81cd916b30bt.jpgbf2cba4b8657t.jpg

This is clearly bad. Not only the fact, that obviously PBR f*cks up the dark colors, especially true black.
Even worse is when a whopping 1/3 of a warframe is uncolorable at all.

Here you can see which color options paint which body parts:
6e7528c7b285t.jpg2927306fc31ct.jpg

As you can see, options 1 and 2 are decent. They cover a lot of the model. Option 4 is tintable gold.
But what does the option 3 do? Well, only tiny arm stitches and a part of the ponytail. THAT'S IT.

Seriously? While so much of the model remains uncolorable? You've got to be kidding me.
This is a very bad way of doind things in a cosmetic-heavy game like this. It's absolutely terrible!

I can't even wrap my head around this. How could it be released like this? Nova P or Volt P don't have any of these issues. Their PBR doesn't mess up black colors at all. They appear as they should be. Well, Volt P also has a weird tint, that does almost nothing, and Nova P's gradient-ish color options are not that great either. But if i put a certain color on them, they reflect exactly what i've put on them. Ash P, on the other hand is a total mess.
The model is excellent, ponytail physics are decent... However, color options are awful.
No matter what i did, i couldn't make a good black ninja look. It was all gray. The skin didn't help either.

Right now i cannot even use Ash P, cause of this. I can't make him look good and can't like the state his looks are currently in. Please, something needs to be done.

The conclusions would be:
1. Please stop PBR ruining dark colors.
2. Please mix up the color option 3 into the 4 and make the option 3 able to color those uncolorable parts. (like it has been done with Loki and Loki P)

Before i go, i'd like to apologize if the post seemed like a rant. It's really not. It's a shoutout of a player, that got a prime variant of his favorite warframe and is now unable to use it and enjoy it.

If anyone from DE sees this, please spread it further into development!

Do you know that Excal's vanilla skin has uncolorable parts too?
Boy what a travesty.

The conclusions would be:
1. Please stop PBR ruining dark colors.
2. Please mix up the color option 3 into the 4 and make the option 3 able to color those uncolorable parts. (like it has been done with Loki and Loki P)

Here's a better solution.
Introduce a tint mask for shiny parts on Primes. Extra tint mask freed up on the new Primes can be used for the uncolorable parts and the old Primes don't need to lose their color patterns for PBR.

Do you know that Excal's vanilla skin has uncolorable parts too?

Boy what a travesty.

Here's a better solution.

Introduce a tint mask for shiny parts on Primes. Extra tint mask freed up on the new Primes can be used for the uncolorable parts and the old Primes don't need to lose their color patterns for PBR.

Now, that you mention Excal. Yes, i forgot about him. And about vanilla Nyx.

But currently the immortal and proto skin can sorta bandaid it.

So this tint mask is basically a 5th color option, to my understanding. Either way, if that fixes the problem, i and many more players shall be happy.

I wouldn't mind (as much) having to swap helmets to avoid the clipping if it weren't for the fact that there is quite a big difference in shininess on the various helmets (Ash Prime default helmet is quite damp, all other Ash helmets are very shiny).

The last point is a universal problem with PBR and has been addressed by DE_Steve in this thread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/475798-please-change-pbr-to-allow-us-to-colour-things-black/

Yeah as you can see from that post made by DE Steve, they are aware of the problem and were saying they would fix it but it seems to have slipped under the radar for now.

Well.... I actually like to color Ash P.  While he have some uncolorable parts and some colors look bad on him.....He provide enough freedom for customisation. At least more than Volt P.

Dont get me wrong though, I dont mind if DE "fix" these issues you listed.

That's a common problem between all platforms, not PS4 specific. It was an intended design decision, albeit an irritating one. That problem is still up on the main 'Textures' section. I only removed the PS4 PBR problem from the list since that has been fixed.

Thank for the good work Sci, as long as we keep this topic breathing, eventually DE will have to pay attention. I was banned for 7 days for truth-spewing too much, but now I am back and ready to help keep this topic alive. Can't wait to finally see Ash Prime coloring choices completed one day. ^_^

Indeed...which because of that forces me to use the immortal skin and take away my awesome gold bits, just to make my Ash P look good.

I really see no issue here.

My Ash Prime with Immortal Skin looks great

I even run him with the default colors he looks nice imo

The issue is the gold trim sharing it color with some other ash part's,which is wrong. This only happen with the immortal skin,tho.

Edited by Elmaz

There is a clicping problem with Ash prime and Prisma Daedalus Shoulder armor.Armor piece is placed on "old" spot on and not on the "new" spot

NORMAL Daedalus Shoulder

Warframe0042.jpg

PRISMA Daedalus Shoulder

Warframe0041.jpg

>Prisma Daedalus goes  through Prime "armor"

>Its same for both shoulders