Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gold Color, Which One Is It?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

You can't get the same metallic look because the material is different. It will never reflect light and shine they way the Orokin gold does. However, I'm sure there is a colour in one of those palettes that is or at least very close to the Orokin gold if they were on the same texture.

Shamrock palette has some of the best golds, in my opinion.

Not the same as the original "glow in the dark" Orokin gold we all know and love, but they look really good.

That sorta changed with the Legacy colours though. Now the Easter colours would be more fitting.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Orokin Palette is best for golds. But as mention, if it isn't tintable prime bits or Pbr'd, you won't get the chromed effect.

Well, I'm planning to put it on the Excalibur Prisma skin, which should be PBR'd, right?

It's just that it looks kind of.........matte? Compared to the gold bits of the Excal Prime helmet IE...

There's a few colour that replicate the shade of gold (though as people have said, not the metallic colour). Generally you want to look for a lighter yellow with a hint of orange or a sandy colour. The Exterminas colur set has some good ones.

The Classic Saturated palette (Legacy colours off) has one colour which is almost identical to those used by default on the recent Primes, the hexcode is extremely similar and it is visually almost indistinguishable.

It is located second from the right, the tan row between the peach and orange hues 3/4 of the way down.

It is only the colour though, it will not confer a metallic finish.

Edited by Kthal

Well, I'm planning to put it on the Excalibur Prisma skin, which should be PBR'd, right?

Depends if the skin has any metal bits on it, I don't know if it has. Just tried tinting Chroma's metal parts in a Shamrock orange and that mimics the prime look fairly good.

Edit; piccy. The orange above the one selected is a good option too //steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480706151

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

Prisma skin, for all intents and purposes is NOT PBR'd.

Edit:more detail;

The skin, despite its name, is not shiny. It merely blends colours like the other prisma things. Eg, if you make tint 1 orange, and tint 2 green you will get a yellow frame which, through a gradient, fades out to orange and green.

If you had visited larunda in NA East last week, you might have seen my melon frame.

Edited by watervapour

The skin, despite its name, is not shiny. It merely blends colours like the other prisma things. Eg, if you make tint 1 orange, and tint 2 green you will get a yellow frame which, through a gradient, fades out to orange and green.

If you had visited larunda in NA East last week, you might have seen my melon frame.

I want pics of this so called melon frame now.

Ouch, I honestly thought that any new skin of frame would have received the PBR treatment!

Not sure if it is or isn't although i would think that it is just an FYI PBR dosen't mean shiny just means better texture quality

It's PBR, don't listen to him. It's just not shiny is all.

I thought so because there's a clear difference in textures between the body and the helmet since I use the standard Excal Prime one: you can clearly say that even with the same color, the 2 are quite different!