Shotgun Buffs Pre-U17

420degreequicksopeswag

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/495356-devstream-57-overview/

Supra Buffs
• Ammo: 1080 rounds
•  Clip size: 180 rounds
• Reload: 3 seconds
• Damage is increased by unspecified amount
• Projectile speed increased : almost doubled, not quite as fast as Boltor Prime

-Yes to the ammo increase

-Yes to the clip size increase

-yes to the reload speed increase

-yes to the damage increase

-Yes to the-wait...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

NO TO THE PROJECTILE SPEED INCREASE!!!!! NONONONONONON!!!!!!!!!!!

Hear me out for a second.

Its all fine and dandy that the supra is FINALLY getting its buff after more than 2 years or so.

However the the horrible accuracy, crazy recoil, fast fire rate, and slow projectile speed is what i feel made the supra so unique and fun to use. You hold down the trigger and create a "death zone" with your colored jelly beans. If you wanted real DPS, you had to fight the recoil and keep your projectiles on target. If projectile speed is buffed, it will become yet another generic and boring weapon to toss into the trash can.

Hmm looks like you guys took this a little too seriously:

If projectile speed is buffed, you might as well rename the supra to "tetra with more dps."

Here's what I meant to say:

The supra will lose its character if projectile speed is increased, EVEN THOUGH it can be considered a buff.

You might as well increase accuracy, lower recoil, and make it hitscan.

If you need help seeing what i am talking about, equip your supra on mirage and go to kiste ceres.

TLDR:  Scrap the projectile speed increase. keep everything else.

edit: 

• The Supra has received several changes:
  • Buffed reload speed to 3 seconds.
  • Increased ammo capacity to 1080.
  • Increased clip capacity to 180.
  • Increased base damage per shot from 35 to 45.

I don't see anything related to projectile speed in these notes.

Which means: SUCCESS!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!

Or... Was projectile speed increased? Can anyone confirm?

Edit: 

Umm why is this under shotgun buffs. Supra is not a shotgun.

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag

Heck no.

The projectile speed improvement is the only thing that MIGHT make the supra viable as more than a point blank shotgun.

Without the projectile increase, it's a worthless weapon that can't hit anything unless you're up in its face... a job that will soon become that of shotguns, since shotguns are getting buffed as well.

Alot of (and probably MOST) people who called for the Supra buff wanted the Projectile travel time faster. That was one of the core problems why I absolutely didn't have much fun using it. and many others.

Personally, I would have buffed its damage to 50 and fire rate to 20 with no other changes.

Awhile ago, I was considering to myself which weapons should have the highest DPS. Obviously, my first thought was "the one with the most problems". If a weapon is going to have top-tier DPS, that needs to be balanced with usability issues like large recoil, ammo problems, and long reload times.

Once again, obviously my first thought was the Supra. Since it has every possible usability problem I could think of, I came up with an alternative way to balance the weapon that would make it unique, instead of just another bullet hose to add to the pile.

The Supra should have none of its usability problems fixed. Instead, it should have the highest potential DPS of any weapon in the game. This would be balanced by all of the Supra's problems, which could be fixed with mods, but doing so would mean sacrificing damage mods. This creates a trade-off; if the player wants the highest DPS in the game, they have to deal with horrendous ammo economy, recoil, and reload time. The player can fix these issues, but at the expense of raw DPS.

This would also make the Supra unique compared to other weapons like the Dera, Tetra, and even Boltor Prime. All of these weapons are bullet hoses with projectile travel time, they need something differentiating them from each other. Many of the Supra buff suggestions I've seen would make it almost a clone of these other weapons. The suggestion I propose here would give it its own niche, giving players a reason to pick it over other comparable weapons.

Proposed stat changes:

-Damage increased from 35 to 50.

-Fire rate increased from 12.5 to 20.

By that logic we should name the Jat Kittag "Fragor reskin but with more damage" or rename the soma "Grakata with gold but with more dps" Also that awfully slow projectile speed is very bad for gameplay but you'll be dead before the bullets hit your enemy. 

Not sure but the supra damage isn't gonna be game breaking with this buff so lets not make it so big.

I owned a supra ,but i got rid of it because well it was fun to use ,but fun does not last forever when i cannot perform to your expectation.

Is like having one of those air horns they are fun to use and all ,but if your in a funeral,court,jail,or any tense situation using an air horn is no fun,specially when it would only get you in trouble and punish you more.SO i feel like all those buffs are all good.

I'm with you here. From the beginning, I've been fighting for everything but flight speed and accuracy increases.

Supra's identity from the very beginning was a plasma curtain of death. It sprayed everywhere and killed what it hit, but it was difficult to land consecutive shots on a single target.

On its release, it had by a fairly large margin the highest burst dps (probably sustained as well), but Gorgon (second highest) stood a chance because of its higher accuracy and hitscan nature. It was the perfect trade. Higher potential damage vs higher expected damage (since you actually landed more bullets).

That old Supra is what I want back--a monstrous damage machine that was difficult to use but actually worth fighting.

I agree Mr.''Name I'm too disgusted to type'', the slow travel time makes the Supra feel pretty unique. You can hose a corridor and still be killing people when you've moved on somewhere else. I'm sure with a faster travel speed it'll be a better overall weapon, but meh, it'll lose the characteristic that made it feel... Super.

Projectile Speed on par with Detron (perhaps long looking bolts as well...to separate from Tetra) would be perfect for me....not too fast and not as slow as they are currently.

What if projectile speed reflected spool up speed?

So flight speed would remain same as-is now at initial start-up/low-spool and then as spool increases....flight-speed can increase.

Multi-projectile speed weapons are already in game.....all Quanta series have an alternate fire that has a different projectile speed than the primary fire....Mutalist Quanta goes a step further turning Primary prpjectiles into hit-scan if fired through/in orb.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Supra Buffs

• Clip size: 180 rounds

• Projectile speed increased : almost doubled, not quite as fast as Boltor Prime

-Yes to the-wait...

Its all fine and dandy that the supra is FINALLY getting its buff after more than 2 years or so.

However the the horrible accuracy, crazy recoil, fast fire rate, and slow projectile speed is what i feel made the supra so unique and fun to use. You hold down the trigger and create a "death zone" with your colored jelly beans. If you wanted real DPS, you had to fight the recoil and keep your projectiles on target. If projectile speed is buffed, it will become yet another generic and boring weapon to toss into the trash can.

If projectile speed is buffed, you might as well rename the supra to "tetra with more dps."

If you need help seeing what i am talking about, equip your supra on mirage and go to kiste ceres.

TLDR: Scrap the projectile speed increase. keep everything else.

This is exactly how I used it lol. Made the weapon feel like you had to know what you were doing in order to wield the power properly. Edited by (XB1)PuRp LaGuRp

Projectile Speed on par with Detron (perhaps long looking bolts as well...to separate from Tetra) would be perfect for me....not too fast and not as slow as they are currently.

What if projectile speed reflected spool up speed?

So flight speed would remain same as-is now at initial start-up/low-spool and then as spool increases....flight-speed can increase.

Multi-projectile speed weapons are already in game.....all Quanta series have an alternate fire that has a different projectile speed than the primary fire....Mutalist Quanta goes a step further turning Primary prpjectiles into hit-scan if fired through/in orb.

This sounds like it would make both parties happy.

Supra Buffs

-Yes to the-wait...

Umm. No. PLease. PLEASE. sHUT UP. Just seriously stop. Like. What. The projectile speed is LITERALLY one of its biggest downsides, that ALONE makes it neraly unusable. Seriously just stop. Like. Why. WHY ARE YOU ARGUING TO NERF THE SUPRA BEFORE IT HAS EVEN BEEN BUFFED. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. "Tetra with more dps"? NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE TETRA WHY WOJLD WE COMPARE THE TWO. "Death Zone" Ummm you can still create this with a projectile speed increase, except now, MAYBE THINGS WILL ACTUALLY DIE. Idk what damn weapon youre using but if u dont think projectile flight speed increase is 100% necessary clearly you are either 

1. Stupid

2. Have not used the Supra extensively

3. Stupid

or 4. Really stupid. 

So yea, not trying to be rude, but like. This is literally the worst suggestion i've ever seen on the forums. Please. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. 

Personally, I would have buffed its damage to 50 and fire rate to 20 with no other changes.

Well good thing you're not in charge of balancing. 

Just adding bigger damage numbers doesn't make something viable or usable at all.

Supra Buffs

-Yes to the-wait...

No, just no.

"If projectile speed is buffed, you might as well rename the supra to "tetra with more dps."

The projectile speed is one of the worst aspects of the weapon and wanting to keep that in because "that what makes it unique" is a terrible suggestion. It's a MR 7 clan-tech weapon and the Tetra is MR 3, the Supra ought to be better than the Tetra, including projectile speed.

Here's a suggestion, how about waiting for the changes that Scott made to the weapon to actually go live and test it out before making a thread like this?

Alot of (and probably MOST) people who called for the Supra buff wanted the Projectile travel time faster. That was one of the core problems why I absolutely didn't have much fun using it. and many others.

Only in the literal sense of most.  I think about 60% want the projectile speed faster.  I.M.O. they should just utility mod for that while the rest of us enjoy the buff to our favorite shotgun

Edited by Arkinvas

Well good thing you're not in charge of balancing. 

Just adding bigger damage numbers doesn't make something viable or usable at all.

You sure about that? 

If the lato was buffed to 9001 damage a shot, would you use it?

yes

Honestly this was all the supra needed

-Bigger clip

-A little more damage

-Less or even no reload, maybe an overheat function

Edited OP

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag

ITT people want content to arbitrarily be what they want, disregarding what others have come to appreciate.  

Feedback should be taken from the people who actually use the item in question and have exhaustively tried to make it work.  It should not be taken from someone who casually threw the item in the trash after getting it to 30 for mastery.  

Edited by RealPandemonium