Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chesa Kubrow: Hype Destroyed

RextintorZ

Even after the supposed 'fix' it's hilariously broken and slow. My silly doggy keeps running behind me, rather than doing what it's expected to do, get friggin loot!

Only when I stand completely still and there are no enemies around for it to try and attack and fail miserably at killing, then it decides that it needs to live up to it's name and brings things to me......little by little.

The AI needs to keep it within your range of say about 50 metres but it also needs to make the dog independent enough to go and collect stuff and do it with ranged suction like Carrier, not this > Stop, pick up, Go, stop, pick up, go > drop loot in the corner of the room and make everyone run behind the dog. XD

Back to my Blingy Ballsack!

Well this thread now has over 8,000 views and counting in just 12 days. I wonder if there is a minimum view count which then catches DE's attention? Did anyone try asking Steve on his Twitter account as he seems to provide clear and direct answers there?

Also, I did notice that my Chesa will in fact pick up like 3 items at the same time now. Is that the normal cap for pickups or do other players' Chesas pick up more items at one time?

Edited by cobra302

Let's hope something happens with tomorrow's hotfix.

Nothing in the 17.1 notes about the Chesa. Maybe DE is working on such a vast improvement that it could not be completed by today. Lets all hope that it will be in the update next week. Is it possible that DE is not aware yet that the players do not think that their previous "fix" for the Chesa truly fixed anything and that the Chesa still needs much attention?

Nothing in the 17.1 notes about the Chesa. Maybe DE is working on such a vast improvement that it could not be completed by today. Lets all hope that it will be in the update next week. Is it possible that DE is not aware yet that the players do not think that their previous "fix" for the Chesa truly fixed anything and that the Chesa still needs much attention?

im crossing my fingers they do make her vacuum so by October well get the update and i wont have to deal with this sadness lol.

Let's hope for the best!

Well this thread now has over 8,000 views and counting in just 12 days. I wonder if there is a minimum view count which then catches DE's attention? Did anyone try asking Steve on his Twitter account as he seems to provide clear and direct answers there?

Also, I did notice that my Chesa will in fact pick up like 3 items at the same time now. Is that the normal cap for pickups or do other players' Chesas pick up more items at one time?

BTW, I found this posted by another member > 

HGKo9r4.png

BTW, I found this posted by another member > 

I think most of the players voicing concerns here about the Chesa are already aware of Steve's (Aug. 4) Twitter comments as they gave up hope that we would get the proper functionality. I have already referenced his Twitter Chesa comments a few times.

The unknown is whether or not DE considers their Chesa fixes in the 17.0.4 (Aug. 6) patch the improvement Steve referenced and therefore it is now done with no further work planned.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/504855-hotfix-1704/#entry5641377

"The Chesa Kubrow’s Retrieve ability will now grab multiple items at once."

I think most of the players voicing concerns here about the Chesa are already aware of Steve's (Aug. 4) Twitter comments as they gave up hope that we would get the proper functionality. I have already referenced his Twitter Chesa comments a few times.

The unknown is whether or not DE considers their Chesa fixes in the 17.0.4 (Aug. 6) patch the improvement Steve referenced and therefore it is now done with no further work planned.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/504855-hotfix-1704/#entry5641377

"The Chesa Kubrow’s Retrieve ability will now grab multiple items at once."

Yeah, that question still exists and will continue to till DE is clear on what exactly they plan on doing for the Chesa.

And sorry, I didn't bother to go through all the pages of this topic before posting that image and I just found it yesterday. :P

Damn spent lots of plat for a over hyped chesa, my chesa will go maybe 2 times a mission to pick up loot and disarm 1 enemy if lucky, the plat and the wait is not worth it you will get upset getting one that dose nothing.. The idea is fantastic but the damn chesa is superrrr useless DE please buff the chesa asap

easy solutuin vaccum inherent to every companion carrier/sentinel

Even better solution, make vacuum inherent to warframes so we all have a vacuum loot collection radius and let us use whatever companion we want without loot collection being a concern. It's doubtful to ever happen though considering the devs have rather firmly established an opinion on the matter by creating a second loot pet and priming the first... but one can hope.

Even better solution, make vacuum inherent to warframes so we all have a vacuum loot collection radius and let us use whatever companion we want without loot collection being a concern. It's doubtful to ever happen though considering the devs have rather firmly established an opinion on the matter by creating a second loot pet and priming the first... but one can hope.

But then what will become of the noble Potato Carrier?

But then what will become of the noble Potato Carrier?

Then it would store excess items you didn't have use for until you need them. At full energy when you encountered some energy orbs? No worries, carrier stored some for you to give to you later!. Ammo lying about is such a waste, and you know you'll run out later... No worries! Carrier has you covered.

Then chesa could be part marsupial and have a pouch it shoves excess items into to give to you later too... this pouch could be internal so it just swallows things it comes across to spit back at you when you need it later.

Not sure if this has been commented on....Sheldon on Prime Time....said he has been testing Chesa changes that sound very promising.

That is good news indeed. I hope Sheldon had a chance to read all of the comments and great ideas discussed in this thread.

Sheldon mentioned the appearance of the Chesa being based on his Labrador. Do different breeds actually look different in game? All of mine look the same generally other than the random size, color, and bulkiness. The Codex pictures of the various breeds do in fact seem to have different unique characteristics but in game they all look the same. You cannot make any guess as to a kubrow's breed simply by its in game appearance. Are they supposed to look different in game and DE just hasn't finished making their models?

Edited by cobra302

So has everyone forgotten about the Chesa now that it isn't brand new or is everyone waiting to see if/when Sheldon's changes actually make the Chesa work like the players wanted?

By the way, this thread now has over 9,500 views and still no official response from DE here regarding our questions and concerns.

Edited by cobra302