Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chesa Kubrow: Hype Destroyed

RextintorZ

Even better solution, make vacuum inherent to warframes so we all have a vacuum loot collection radius and let us use whatever companion we want without loot collection being a concern. It's doubtful to ever happen though considering the devs have rather firmly established an opinion on the matter by creating a second loot pet and priming the first... but one can hope.

If only we had such an amazing QoL feature as that. The game would be so much more intensely enjoyable.

Not sure if this has been commented on....Sheldon on Prime Time....said he has been testing Chesa changes that sound very promising.

Oh, really? I hope there will be good changes. I really want to bring my kubrow with me on missions again.

Edited by RextintorZ

Chesa kubrows, like huras ones, have conflicting breed abilities.  One that makes them good to be by the master, and one that makes them run off.  I find that lack of continuity irritating.  It limits the viability of the breeds.

I'm hoping future changes will make the breeds have more continuity in abilities.

Sheldon said he tested a fix that makes chesa pick up a whole bunch of stuff before it comes back to you, but that doesn't at all address kubrow's crap pathing or priorities. Even when my chesa was bothering to bring me one thing at a time in tower defense, which was only when it occasionally decided to take a break from attacking things, it really liked to knock into one of the console stations on its way to me and drop the loot there instead of actually bringing it to me. I really think chesa needs to use that magic master-pet link of armor/shields/hp to be linked to our inventory and just direct deposit things so that when it bothers to actually pick things up, we actually get them instead of maybe getting them.

But frankly I'm not overly concerned with it anymore, sure chesa's a disappointment, but the shoes it had to fill were simply far too big for anything other than carrier itself to fill. For chesa to use an intermittent power to compete with carrier's constant pull of anything within a significant radius, it would have to essentially periodically greedy pull everything in the tileset to us. If the mindset is to make these genetically engineered/cyborg dogs *real* dogs playing fetch like a normal dog and biting hands to disarm random enemies, then they're pretty doomed from the start. Carrier shall forever be with me, and when it is not with me, I shall feel as though I am being punished. Sun rise, sunset, this is how the warframe world is. Rather than fight it and try to escape carrier's pull, it's best to embrace it, for carrier is love, carrier is life. So say we all.

Which is not to say that they shouldn't try to improve things, but I mean... you gotta be realistic. If you're gonna compare something to CARRIER, king of the companions, a god of loot collection rivaled only by the original greedy mag, you're gonna have to bring your A-game, not this weak sauce. If you are not prepared to essentially put greedy pull on chesa, or make chesa prioritize eating loot above all else and direct depositing that loot to inventory, or making chesa stuff it's hamster cheeks with all the loot it finds (essentially becoming a... carrier) so that when you make periodic contact with it, you get a massive ammo/energy/mod/resources cache, you're not serious about challenging carrier's claim to the throne.

I can only imagine someone grew overconfident with the dog's "cute" factor and thought it would give them a leg up (pun-unintended) in the battle vs. carrier. Yeah... I have all this loot laying around, what should I do, take a robot servant dedicated to loot collection... or an adorable, yet mentally challenged, dog that plays fetch? Hmmm.... tough call -.-

Kubrow pathing in general needs a fix.

IMO it's sad that a new one has even been added before fixes to basic issues like 1) them getting stuck on objects until you move far away and they teleport to you or 2) the numerous maps where they walk over a gap and fall to their death without re-spawning and instead bleed out under the map where you have no way to revive them (unless you can run far enough to trigger their teleport to you, which sometimes teleports them still under the map -_-). Really would love to see these basic QoL issues addressed. It doesn't matter how well their loot pickup works if they commit suicide. That being said, I suspect that improved pathing would also help some of the loot issues being brought up in this thread. 

I look forward to consoles having this new breed, but what I really want is a world where kubrows understand how to walk over uneven ground and suicidal kubrows can be saved. I do not look forward to seeing my chesa have a mouth full of loot that I can't get because they can't figure out how to get out from under a staircase and bring it to me. 

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

This thread has now officially passed the 10,000 view mark and still no reply here by DE to clarify or acknowledge the concerns. I had hoped that 10,000 views would be the threshold to break to finally get a response but alas it had no effect. Perhaps DE needs 15,000 views to indicate enough player interest in a topic to warrant their reply?

I was really hoping the testing that Sheldon mentioned in a previous Prime Time would be in this weeks patch. No....disappointing.

I hope DE persists with fixing the Chesa. There is a simple phrase that sums up what people want....

a viable alternative

They should try creating a mod for kubrows that does not allow them to attack and just focus on the other precepts you have set for it.

Just like how sentinels work. Without the attack precepts, they just do whatever their other precepts are meant to do.

Edited by RextintorZ

They should try creating a mod for kubrows that does not allow them to attack and just focus on the other precepts you have set for it.

Just like how sentinels work. Without the attack precepts, they just do whatever their other precepts are meant to do.

you know what i want? give orders to my kubrow, you know, like certain new dog...

fallout-4-preview-047.jpg

Kubrows need a 1.5 rework, just in general. None of them are viable alternatives to any of the sentinels, or rather the carrier because the carrier is just too good at its job. Honestly all of the sentinel mods that are sentinel specific should be universal to ALL sentinels, but receive a small buff if used on the right sentinel. Like you should be able to put vacume on your wyrm, but have it reach 10m instead of the 12m it would have on the carrier. Its the same concept that the sentinel weapons have.

and same should go for kubrows too. just because its a certain breed doesn't mean it cant to the same things as other breeds.

Thats like saying that I cant train a golden retriever as a guard dog, just because they are a friendlier breed of dog. Sure a German Shepherd might be easier to train as a guard dog and therefor do the job a little better, but that doesn't mean my golden wont do as hes trained.

That and fix the path finding, and AI. Let them jump up and down ledges instead of having to run all over the map just to try and find me. Let me tell it what to do via commands like everyone and their mothers has wanted since they came out. and make it so they do their jobs well like are sentinels do. I want to be able to tell my kubrow to stay by my side while I defend a point and have it attack( and kill) things that get to close in under 2 seconds so he can attack the next thing that gets too close. Not have it attack something and become brain dead for the next 10 seconds as it watches me get beat up by 5 enemies.

Now this makes me want to photoshop a Chesa Kubrow with its head as the sucking part of the carrier.

A wild Charrier appears!

klXL0Rg.png

Clandestine Corpus experiments on wild Kubrows result in horrifying dog-machine crossbreed, the CHARRIER! Coming Update 18!

Gotta catch 'em all, Tenno!

Edited by Sci_Ant

From my understanding of what the dev's have been talking about I believe they have deemed this thread fixed due to the already in effect "tweak" in the time code for that kubrow. Now it may still be bugging out but the dev's have thier focus elsewhere with working on the Playstation version of warframe and fixing minor parcore code. I'll do some digging and see if I can do some research into whats going on. Ive talked with several players already and the fact of the matter from what i have heard is that the kubro doesn't continusly pick up items as the carrier does. I don't believe it was suspose to do a continuious pick up but more of a pick up important items and mods every few seconds as the other seconds are focused on attacking enemies. Yes hype would be destroyed if this is truly the case, but in the end it may just be another minor tweak in the code. If I have any further information after sending some emails i'll let you guys know :D!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/504855-hotfix-1704/

• The Chesa Kubrow’s Retrieve ability will now grab multiple items at once.

Everyone please stop referencing the 17.04 patch notes. We are already aware of that note and are discussing/requesting clarification on actually making the retrieve function viable.

7/31/2015 Update 17: Echoes of the Sentient

Chesa kubrow is first introduced and only picks up one drop at a time.

8/1/2015

This thread is created, among others, expressing frustration at how different the Chesa functionality is from what players wanted and what DE implied would be delivered. I.E. A viable alternative to King Carrier.

8/2/2015

DE Steve is asked about if the Chesa was intended to be comparable to carrier on his Twitter and he states.

"that is the goal sorta, needs some improvements"

8/4/2015

DE Steve is asked again about the Chesa's functionality on his Twitter and he states.

"We've already admitted/planned to improve... not sure why a half dozen tweets about it is needed."

8/6/2015 Update 17.0.4

Patch note indicate the retrieve ability now grabs "multiple" items at once. Mine picks up the huge amount of like 3 items at one time now.

8/7/2015 Update 17.0.5

No Chesa fix.

8/12/2015 Updates 17.1.0-17.1.4

No Chesa fix.

8/13/2015 Prime Time #83

DE Sheldon states that there is a Chesa fix almost ready, that he tested today (8/13/15), where it will go out and pick up all kinds of stuff before returning to the player.

8/14/2015 Update 17.1.5

No Chesa fix.

8/19/2015 Update 17.2

No Chesa fix.

8/20/2015 Update 17.2.1

No Chesa fix.

8/21/2015 Update 17.2.2

No Chesa fix.

Edited by cobra302

From my understanding of what the dev's have been talking about I believe they have deemed this thread fixed due to the already in effect "tweak" in the time code for that kubrow. Now it may still be bugging out but the dev's have thier focus elsewhere with working on the Playstation version of warframe and fixing minor parcore code. I'll do some digging and see if I can do some research into whats going on. Ive talked with several players already and the fact of the matter from what i have heard is that the kubro doesn't continusly pick up items as the carrier does. I don't believe it was suspose to do a continuious pick up but more of a pick up important items and mods every few seconds as the other seconds are focused on attacking enemies. Yes hype would be destroyed if this is truly the case, but in the end it may just be another minor tweak in the code. If I have any further information after sending some emails i'll let you guys know :D!

Thanks for the information Atio. Any help you can offer is appreciated. You mention that the Chesa may not have been intended to continuously pick up drops but rather to occasionally go pick up important items. That indeed would be disappointing if in fact that is what DE is thinking. Furthermore, if that were the case then it is still broken even under that criteria as the Chesa does not prioritize pick ups. It often will pickup a pile of credits yet leave a rare mod or core 3 feet away untouched. Therefore, it clearly is not currently prioritizing pickups either. Given the coding complexities in prioritizing pickups along with their detection and pathing is why so many players here have suggested that the simpler, more viable, and preferred solution is some kind of AoE pickup. Many suggestions for solutions have been discussed and detailed so I will not try to summarize them in this post as one can read through the this thread for more detail.

The players have asked numerous times for DE to simply comment in this thread or Devstream on whether the Chesa is considered finished or still a work in progress but as of yet have gotten no clarification. With over 11,232 views this topic is clearly important to players so it is sad that DE cannot offer some insight.

Edited by cobra302