Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chesa Kubrow: Hype Destroyed

RextintorZ

Lol, I hope you guys don't mean a Kubrow somehow magically takes all loots at once. Chesa picks up a loot with it's mouth, like a regular dog with common sense.

Irl common sense isnt needed in a videogame, i dont use companions much so idc if its changed

Except wyrm will be shooting outside the shotguns effective range most of the time unless your playing melee only or something I guess

It tends to stick to the effective range of the weapon its using and works exactly like it would when put on a carrier.

Never used any Carrier cheese in my 900Hr lifespan of playing Warframe. 

Personal issue~

kubrows require to much maintaince, they are like a needy ungrateful, partner who spends your cash and when the chips are down they let you down no matter the forma catalyst reactor etc you have put in. Kubrows have been a novelty for mastery thats it.

I kinda gotta disagree a bit. Granted the AI can be stupid...I mean dear god a few times I thought something had just broke and the game said "nope i'm done" BUT when it works my kubrow doesn't let me down. On some occasions he has outlived both me and my teammates. It's just when they decide to leeroy jenkins a group and them enemies all of a sudden decide "THIS will be the time I kill it" and they all target em that the problem comes in~

Edited by DiabolicalHamSandwich

Or why can't DE let our Kubrows gain access to our Sentinels? I wouldn't mind having my Kubrow running around with a Carrier or Helios helping them out while bringing me back some nice drops when it gets a chance? The only downside of that would be a bigger split in xp, but I'm sure folks would deal with that to have the best of both worlds?

Just imagine a Sunka Kubrow with a Dethcube where it latches onto an enemy and the enemy gets a face full of bullets? Or a Djinn attracting enemies to a Kubrow that (hopefully if we get commands for Kubrows) leads them through a field of DoT damage we laid down for them?

Lets be honest, if we could take both, lots of people would be running carrier+huras. Invisibility and loot suction? Yes please.

For some reason im starting to notice that people who dont camp tend to be people who dont use carrier. im not sure if there is a reason behind it but for some reason i run into a group doing a T4 surv and they run different things besides carrier then always seem to be better players. like once i ran into 4 kubrow users and another time i ran into a dajin and 1 kubrow and 2 wyrm primes both times weve gone past anhour and 40 mins. im not saying its fact but its something people should look into and find out if maybe carrier users are more casuals and none casuals use different stuff.

I have a theory about that. Those without carrier tend to have to move more to manually collect stuff, and since hitscan weapon lose accuracy the more you move, they're getting hit less. Carrier lets your loot grab detection area to be smaller so you move less so you get hit more often.

3. And your "i usually see x kubrows" isn't a biased feeling? I usually don't see kubrows and mostly carrier. That's not biased, that is fact. Show me a new graph that shows the now instead of the old.

Tbh showing a graph right now would be abit biased: carrier prime came out not too long ago, and the new kubrow came out so people are going to be incubating new eggs.

Yeh, I am super disappointed with Chesa. After 16 incubations and all tries not being chesa, I spent platinum on getting imprints off another player just to have it become a dog that retrieves 1 drop from around the map every 5 seconds. 

I was at least expecting it to notice there is loot on the map, run off gather loot that is near the area or chain looting then bring back all the loot at once. So my expectation was a carrier sentinel that would venture off into the map and suck up all the loot for me, instead I got a dumb dog that  runs off to grab 1 drop and potentially get itself killed.

Edited by Xazur

It needs to have the same effect as carrier. There is just no reason to use anything else other than carrier, the little guy is super useful.

I see 2 ways to fix this make the suction ability standard on any and all pets and replace carriers special ability with something else, like maybe he carries around some extra health orbs or energy orbs for you to use incrementally or something like that.

Create new sentinels and Kubrow's that rival it in usefulness. If there was a sentinel whose special was let's say to increase my drop chances on items and parts by like 10-100% or something, that would make me think twice. If there was a Kubrow that doubled my HP or Energy pool, that would make me think twice about using carrier.

Edited by Z3GR4M

Lol, I hope you guys don't mean a Kubrow somehow magically takes all loots at once. Chesa picks up a loot with it's mouth, like a regular dog with common sense.

So...your reasoning is realism in a video game that features space ninjas using lasers and rocket launchers and space magic?

Perfect.

It looks so cute when you turn around and its bringing you an energy orb or ammo, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Its obviously only a novelty compared to the flying industrell vacuum cleaner. The disarm however works really well. I kept wondering who was disarming since we have no Loki and it was my Kubrow getting down.

Lets be honest, if we could take both, lots of people would be running carrier+huras. Invisibility and loot suction? Yes please.

I have a theory about that. Those without carrier tend to have to move more to manually collect stuff, and since hitscan weapon lose accuracy the more you move, they're getting hit less. Carrier lets your loot grab detection area to be smaller so you move less so you get hit more often.

Tbh showing a graph right now would be abit biased: carrier prime came out not too long ago, and the new kubrow came out so people are going to be incubating new eggs.

That would kind of explain alot. glad to see im not the only one who noticed the difference from players who use carrier and people who use carrier alot less.

Sheldon said the dog was supposed to look dramatically different than other kubrow, presumeably it was intended to have a pelican mouth or a super expanding chest for it to hold all the loot in before it brings it to you.

Kubrow somehow magically recharge your shields, magically turn you invisible, and magically link their shields/health/armor to yours over great distances, so how exactly would a magic loot kubrow suddenly be "too" magic?