Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana The Most Op Melee ?

saintsspider

Question

I wanted to ask from you guys which melee weapon is the most OP in terms of damage

from my dragon nikana i can get 38k finisher damage (33k normal critical damage) thought prisma Skana would be nice too but the max damage i have gotten from that is 3k(noobest melee weapon ever) ... did i mention it also looks sexy as hell

What melee weapons u guys using fore late game based solely on the damage output. 

EDIT: Prisma Skana not prisma darka LOL...noob me :(

Edited by saintsspider

Scindo Prime, easily. 

Build it with a Berserker-crit build, toss on an Arcane Strike syandana, and use Rending Crane. The damage multipliers are insane, and the speeds are ungodly. 

If there's something that needs to die, and die quickly, I use Scindo Prime. It's a freight train. 

awesome tip thanks man

I prefer utility on my melees, usually I roll with status/elemental weapons, Lecta, Dark Dagger, Tonbo, Serro or hard hiting when I want damage Fragor, Jat Kit, Scindo P, Prisma Cleavers, Dakra Prime,Redeemer.

But on void Glaive Prime with toxic for Nullifers, Dark Dagger for the AOE viral and Lecta my most used melee on the game because the high status plus amazing range, it just need an augment to be perfect.

Dragon Nikana is good, but I'll take the Scindo Prime with Tempo Royale over it any day if I want some serious melee damage.

The reason?

No, it's not damage or DPS or anything like that. It's even simpler and even more important: Knockdown resistance.

With Dragon Nikana (at least with Blind Justice, haven't tested the other stances if they're different in this regard) a Heavy Gunner or other mob with close-range knockdown will knock you over every time, which leads to you taking lots of damage and losing time where you could be killing stuff.

Same goes for Ancients and their grappling hooks and whoever else has similar attacks. They have a pretty good chance to hook you and drag you down.

Scindo Prime (played with Tempo Royale - agian, haven't tested the other stances for this) is pretty much immune against anything interrupting it mid-swing. Corrupted Bombard tries to knock you down? Hah! You keep right on carving its face off.

PS: The Nikondi are also quite fun, though I don't think they'll do too well on longer endless missions.

That said, 100% proc chance with corrosive/blast? Hilarious and hilariously effective against anything you'll encounter on non-endless missions.

Edited by steamrick

The best well-rounded i've come across is the Tonbo. Currently with 100% stat chance, ninkondi has put my tonbo to rest, on which i have 100k kills. Tonbo will serve you regardless of what frame you take, most other weapons would require you to have proper melee build on your frame or use expensive mods/stances. Its default strikes are great for reaching into the middle of the crowd and hitting that ancient/nullifier, its proc chance means its got more utility that takes it further into endless missions. With R8 primed reach you can hit targets 6 meters away, the knockdown on jump attack is awesome as well. People have tried to beat me with scindo p, tried is the word. PvE -wise tonbo still offers great functionality, range, damage, proc chance, knockdown. Your damage only counts if you can hit, tonbo's range is fantastic that way.

Ninkondi  with it's 100% proc potential and awesome stance which is easy to come by, outweighs every other melee weapon. 

Also please stop using 'OP' everywhere, it means overpowered, none of the melee are overpowered in this game. They could actually use a little buff to stay relevant in endless missions. 

I find Ninkondi too slow and range too short.

Ortho P is the best all around, fast, decent stats, hits mobs half way across the map (exaggeration), and decent coptering back in the day.

For Damage Scindo Prime is the king of the hill.  But unless you can proc those attack speed boosts it is just too darn slow.

I wanted to ask from you guys which melee weapon is the most OP in terms of damage

from my dragon nikana i can get 38k finisher damage (33k normal critical damage) thought prisma Skana would be nice too but the max damage i have gotten from that is 3k(noobest melee weapon ever) ... did i mention it also looks sexy as hell

What melee weapons u guys using fore late game based solely on the damage output. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Scindo_Prime

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Scindo_Prime