Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd Like To Ask A Question About Exilus Slots To People Calculating The Costs For All 23 Frames...

Evanescent

I have no idea how it messes up builds. You must be doing something horribly wrong yourself if getting a slot for utility mods affects your builds in any way.

ya i dont think you  play enough warframe to know how it doesnt.

ya i dont think you play enough warframe to know how it doesnt.

I'm with the other guy... The utility slot in no way harms your builds, only helps by adding *gasp* utility to your build. My excal builds are exactly the same, just now I have handspring or rush in it too. And so you don't tell me its cause I haven't forma'd my excal enough, he is forma'd 5 times now, was 4 before the utility slot, but in order to get the points I needed to use it, I had to finally forma excal primes aura slot....

I'm with the other guy... The utility slot in no way harms your builds, only helps by adding *gasp* utility to your build. My excal builds are exactly the same, just now I have handspring or rush in it too. And so you don't tell me its cause I haven't forma'd my excal enough, he is forma'd 5 times now, was 4 before the utility slot, but in order to get the points I needed to use it, I had to finally forma excal primes aura slot....

every forma that you add reduces your build flexibility 

A question:

DO YOU USE ALL 23 FRAMES?

Same could be same about Potatoes. If you were to ask me 'Why don't you just use potatoes on the frames you use every day?' Well, because when I want to use a frame, I want to use a full frame, not a half frame. I want to go full fast, not half fast. I don't want to play half fast frames. 

That said, I haven't been chosen by RNGesus for the quest yet. Last time we spoke he said, 'Well about that new quest.. We are going to have to have you come in on Saturday to do a weekend push. Thanks Pal.' and drove away in his convertible. 

I use more than half of the frames. its not  matter of needing all of them. the fact it messes up all our builds is annoying.

It doesn't mess up your builds though.

See that build you have there? The on on that frame that you haven't unlocked an Exilus slot yet on? Looks exactly the same as it was before U17. Functions exactly the same as it was before U17.

An extra empty unlockable slot doesn't mess up your builds in any way whatsoever.

Now will you have to redo your builds if you want to make use of this slot? Absolutely. But that is a choice that YOU make, not one that DE has forced upon you as they did not change your build forcibly in any way. Only gave you an opportunity to expand it should you choose to. Note the word choose, it's important.

ABOUT THE POTATO ARGUMENT:

So, my question has been termed idiotic for apparently being obvious. Let us compare:

Potato: 1) Increases mod points,

2)essential for adding power for essential power modifier mods,

3)essential for adding defensive mods

4)has enormous influence on gameplay by dictating power level equip-able

5)plat only, giveaways, rare alert/invasion

Exilus slot: 1)Consumes mod points

2)needed to equip slight, optional parkour augmentation, miscellaneous utility mods

3)non essential for core mods

4)Cannot add to modifier mod

6)plat and bp, tedious costs(subjective)

In conclusion, Potato:needed to increase mod points, affects core gameplay; Exilus slot: optional to add sparkles and slightly augment parkour.

I rest my case on which is essential, and whether the two can even be compared. 

Good day, and Evan out.

ya i dont think you  play enough warframe to know how it doesnt.

Sorry... Naftal is correct.

Zero minus Zero still equals Zero.

If you were using a utility mod before you can get access to an extra slot for it... Nothing lost, possible gain.

If you weren't using a utility mod before you can get an access of an extra slot for one.... Nothing lost, possible gain.

Most of the folks wailing about the issue are wailing because:

They feel the cost to do so in a F2P format is time consuming. (...F2P'ers spend time to get stuff)

They want it now. (...Purchase it)

They are under the false impression that the slot takes the place of coptering. (...Really doesn't)

They will have to forma their frame to fit the mod. (...1st world problems)

...None of these are valid complaints.

Gameplay is unchanged without the exilus slot enabled and potentially enhanced with it.

If a player needed the utility to begin with... Then one (or more) of the attribute enhancing mods they have equipped should have been removed to make space for it....

It's not like the bulk of players don't go into most missions over-equipped as it is.

Removing mods to make space for a utility to special purposes isn't a big secret, we've been doing it for years... 

Hunting certain resources and plan to crack every loot container in every mission?

You take out a mod and put in Thief's Wit.

Doing mastery tests and need extra movement? ...Same thing.

Nothing has changed except the fact players now have the option of having their favorites equipped without wrecking their builds

But it will require some sacrifice and effort on the player's part.

It would really have been simpler to just thank DE as it's a feature that's been requested for years now and they finally gave it to us.

To me, all the whining, wailing, and moaning just makes the case for why DE typically doesn't add stuff like this.

Give them an inch and they'll try and take a yard.

*snip*

Does not offset the argument that they released it at the same time as they decreased our speed and the pace of the entire game, and that it is the only way to recoup a fraction of that speed without compromising builds. Your argument that gameplay is unchanged without it and only potentially improved with it is like stores raising the regular price of an item before the weekend so they can put it "on sale".

no, there isn't, Constructive Criticism is encouraged. complaining that you can't have a new thing instantly (which is really the bulk of complaints about any feature in particular) is not.

if you want something instantly, that's what Platinum is for. this is a Free to Play game.

probably because they usually are for experienced Players. and/or completely justified.

- the costs for Kubrows are appropriate for the Players that can actually handle having them. yes, it IS an 'endgame' or whatever sort of item. a New Player absolutely cannot handle taking care of a Kubrow, an Established Player may have trouble with it. a very experienced Player can do it trivially.

Players shouldn't be able to even 'unlock' Kubrows until they're on the latter third of the Solar Map.

this isn't even just the Resource costs. this is also having the Skill and Mods to be able to take care of it without it constantly dying and getting you Killed trying to revive it 30 times a Mission.

- having to Level up again after you Polarize is... rather to be expected. i mean, it's either that or like, a 72 hour cooldown before you can apply Forma to the same item again, or something like that.

there must be some gating to keep a Player from applying 8 in 10 seconds.

- Oxium was an actually metered Resource then. which Warframe had very little of. people complained because it wasn't as trivial as Nano Spores or Alloy Plate. because they couldn't get the new thing instantaneously.

the only real problem there, was that the Enemy that drops the Resource was too Rare at that point, only being found in a fraction of the Missions that Corpus in general could be found in.

the costs were very much fine, it was the availability of the Enemy you get them from that was much too Mission specific.

- you didn't mention it, but Argon is on this list too. blah blah, i can't AFKFarm on tuesday and get 200 of it so i can build anything that ever uses it instantly.

it deprecates so that you can never saturate with it. this is a good thing. it keeps the Foundry having an actual purpose, rather than just a terminal that has waiting bars for no visible (but obvious for the Business model ofcourse) reason.

Except that isn't even close to the main complaints that are being made. Complaints that the cost is too much are not the same as complaints that they can't get it instantly.

If we wanted it instantly, we'd spend the plat. The issue is that the cost is too high, and in the time required for farming many of us could work a few hours at our jobs and just outright buy the thing for plat/farm the void for an hour or two and ouright buy the thing for plat.

The kubrow quest is acquired by killing Jackal. How is that endgame? A new player can easily keep up with the upkeep cost if they're smart about their credit usage. You don't need a well modded kubrow if all you're doing are low level missions.

To be expected because...? I am already forced to grind and then wait for 24 hours, why must I be required to re-rank my item? If I choose to slowly build eight forma, why shouldn't I be allowed to apply all eight in ten seconds? The gating is the build time requirement. 

Oxium requirement complaints still exist. Yet again you decide to misrepresent someone's argument to make tearing them down easier. The complaint was never 'I can't get it instantly', it was 'the amount of grind required is too high'. Grind levels are a gradient. Having to gather one nanospore for a build is too trivial, while having to gather 1 billion is too high, but there exists values in between that would be seen as more reasonable.

The complaint isn't about not being able to AFKfarm, please stop trying to trivialize our complaints with your silly strawmans. Why is it unreasonable to expect that when I spend my time grinding resources, I am allowed to keep them until I use them? My Orokin cells don't decay, my reactors/catalysts don't decay, not even my kubrow eggs decay, yet it is okay for our argon crystals to decay? For most items I can spend a week grinding and reasonably expect that no matter what I want to build, I will be able to build them. Argon crystals are the only exception to this line of reasoning. The foundry had a purpose prior to their addition, and it certainly doesn't require them and their decaying to maintain that purpose. The foundry is like a big house with various rooms each with its own key. Ideally, a player could preemptively gather all of those 'keys' so whenever they decide to open a door, they'll have what is needed. Argon crystals cause some of those 'keys' to disappear after a period of time. When new items with argon crystals are introduced, players are forced to go grind the void regardless of how many other materials they had saved up.

I have no idea how it messes up builds. You must be doing something horribly wrong yourself if getting a slot for utility mods affects your builds in any way.

In the past, our builds were fine and these new PK2.0 mods didn't exist. We used melee for hypermobility. Now, coptering is dead and these PK2.0 mods are needed to grasp feebly at what we used to have in terms of speed. For many of us, there is just no room in our builds to include these new mods without unlocking this exilus slot (and even then, many will necessitate that their frame be forma'd again).

See above.

Sorry... Naftal is correct.

Zero minus Zero still equals Zero.

If you were using a utility mod before you can get access to an extra slot for it... Nothing lost, possible gain.

If you weren't using a utility mod before you can get an access of an extra slot for one.... Nothing lost, possible gain.

Most of the folks wailing about the issue are wailing because:

They feel the cost to do so in a F2P format is time consuming. (...F2P'ers spend time to get stuff)

They want it now. (...Purchase it)

They are under the false impression that the slot takes the place of coptering. (...Really doesn't)

They will have to forma their frame to fit the mod. (...1st world problems)

...None of these are valid complaints.

Gameplay is unchanged without the exilus slot enabled and potentially enhanced with it.

If a player needed the utility to begin with... Then one (or more) of the attribute enhancing mods they have equipped should have been removed to make space for it....

It's not like the bulk of players don't go into most missions over-equipped as it is.

Removing mods to make space for a utility to special purposes isn't a big secret, we've been doing it for years... 

Hunting certain resources and plan to crack every loot container in every mission?

You take out a mod and put in Thief's Wit.

Doing mastery tests and need extra movement? ...Same thing.

Nothing has changed except the fact players now have the option of having their favorites equipped without wrecking their builds

But it will require some sacrifice and effort on the player's part.

It would really have been simpler to just thank DE as it's a feature that's been requested for years now and they finally gave it to us.

To me, all the whining, wailing, and moaning just makes the case for why DE typically doesn't add stuff like this.

Give them an inch and they'll try and take a yard.

Nothing lost? The removal of coptering/PK1.0 means an inherent loss of potential speed across the board with the only exceptions being tailwind zephyr's and those who refused to use coptering/PK1.0.

-Not that it is time consuming, the issue is that it is too time consuming. Farming fusion cores is time consuming. Farming rep until you hit your daily cap, repeated for every adapter you want to craft, is too time consuming.

-Very few (if any) are making that complaint.

-It does (well, it makes the attempt). For a full build there is no room for the new PK2.0 mods, these new slots are needed to create room for these new mods, which are needed to get even close to our formerly attainable speed.

-A valid complaint regarding the way this slot behaves.

They are all valid complaints.

Gameplay was completely changed through the introduction of PK2.0.

Mods? You mean our coptering capabilities?

Irrelevant.

Who is this 'we'? Prior to my break from this game (and the forums) the general consensus was that utility mods weren't slot competitive and most people ignored them as a result (many even claiming maglev was useless despite its huge affect on speed pre-PK2.0).

Only the dehydrated are grateful when they are pissed upon. DE nerfed coptering and air melee into the ground so that they could switch our dependency to these new mods. In the past we were free to make our builds as strong as we wanted because all we needed was a tipedo/ceramic dagger to bridge any gap in speed. Now we need utility mods to bridge the gap.

I love how when you people provide negative feedback it is considered feedback. But when someone you disagree with does it, they're just "whining, wailing, and moaning".

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Doesn't this go for mods in general?  I have never actually tested it, but I bet that I could finish any non endless T4 mission with no mods on my warframe, doesn't mean I am not going to feel gimped without them.

"Gimped" is a relative term. Of course you're going to be gimped compared to a max leveled framed with forma and fully modded when you're re-leveling. But does that "gimpness" render you unable to play the game? Obviously not since we as a community do it ALL the time when we forma. You even said you could finish a T4 mission with no mods. I'm not saying we don't need mods at all but since we've been playing with under-leveled and under modded frames all the time, not having ONE utility slot is definitely not going to impede your game. So the claim that it's an absolute necessity is a plain lie.

"Gimped" is a relative term. Of course you're going to be gimped compared to a max leveled framed with forma and fully modded when you're re-leveling. But does that "gimpness" render you unable to play the game? Obviously not since we as a community do it ALL the time when we forma. You even said you could finish a T4 mission with no mods. I'm not saying we don't need mods at all but since we've been playing with under-leveled and under modded frames all the time, not having ONE utility slot is definitely not going to impede your game. So the claim that it's an absolute necessity is a plain lie.

Unable to play the game? No. But unable to play the game while having as much fun as we did previously, sure at least for me. I do not find leveling a frame fun, not anymore anyway. Prior to the overhaul I didn't mind it. I'd slap an aura and one or two maxed ability cards on my frame and I'd be able to help my team. Now I either bring good weapons and help them that way or I run around trying not to be a burden.

Edit: Or I play level appropriate content for multiple hours and hope I can avoid getting so bored that I fall asleep mid-mission.

Edit2: I think the way gun re-leveling after forma is as close to acceptable as we can get without removing the releveling requirement. The only thing that gets reset is your mod capacity. Your stats remain the same. If forma'ing a frame didn't remove its abilities and reset its stats it would be far better IMO.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Unable to play the game? No. But unable to play the game while having as much fun as we did previously, sure at least for me. I do not find leveling a frame fun, not anymore anyway. Prior to the overhaul I didn't mind it. I'd slap an aura and one or two maxed ability cards on my frame and I'd be able to help my team. Now I either bring good weapons and help them that way or I run around trying not to be a burden.

How in the world did the new update suddenly make you unable to help your team while leveling whereas the previous version you could "slap on an aura and one or two max cards" and help your team? You're seriously being dishonest here for the sake of making your argument look better.

And fun is a subjective term, but this issue has nothing to do with that. You're just trying to distract from the issue, which is the claim that the utility slot is a necessity. It's not and you haven't been able to prove it. Like I said, before, the player base constantly re-leveling frames even in areas where they're out-leveled destroys the argument that the utility slot is a necessity to play the game.

Edited by EetNotErn

Does not offset the argument that they released it at the same time as they decreased our speed and the pace of the entire game, and that it is the only way to recoup a fraction of that speed without compromising builds. Your argument that gameplay is unchanged without it and only potentially improved with it is like stores raising the regular price of an item before the weekend so they can put it "on sale".

I have no interest in offsetting that argument because it's suffers from either:

Faulty logic

Coptering was a bug associated with wall flinging in parkour and weapon momentum/slide attacking mechanics that was allowed to remain because removing it would mean removing those mechanics.

Parkour got re-done and those mechanics got removed.

Your argument regarding "pace of game" assumes they would want you to bypass content at will.

Think about that for a moment...

The group creating the content doesn't want you to play it?

...OK.

Lack of relevant reference on your part

You are under the impression that this is the first time DE endeavored to slow the pace in missions down.

So the dramatic increase in stamina costs didn't happen.

....Likewise the traps in missions.

...Or the insta-gibbing mobs.

...Or the events designed to make players progressively take more damage until they had to find cover.

...Or the events designed to force an objective while players have their speed reduced by the mechanics in the event.

Most of the stuff they have added over the years has been designed to slow players down and have them experience the content.

Truth is, If I were to be told by someone at DE that it's also part of the reason why drop rates were so low... I'd believe it.

Coptering was necessary until parkour 2.0.

It's not now.

FWIW, MY combat pace is unchanged, but that's because I didn't work to bypass content.... YMMV.

If yours has reduced you were bypassing content... Plain and simple.

That then begs the question of, " Why would you choose to play a game when you don't want to actually play the game?"

...You should give that some thought.

TL;DR: I'm not even trying to bypass that argument because it's a lame argument.

I put forma on every frame I will put this on every frame eventually but 3 days is a pain even more so to lower ranked players. I don't mind the build requirements but getting 50k points is a pain especially when it take 3 days. Lowering it to 40k for the bp would help me get it in two days but only because im rank 19. What about everyone else rank 18 and under?

Its great for players like me with high mastery but it seems unfair to those with lower mastery ranks.

Also I love sumaris it has made me obsessed with filling my codex with every possible enemy, but even so I dont care to scan targets or enemies that I have already completed or captured 10 times. That is why I have only just gotten all the items from sumaris a few days ago, knowing i will need 75k more rep when we finally get the new excal rework update.

Edited by (PS4)savoy123

I play almost all the frames all the time (excluding Limbo). I dislike not being as fast moving as I was pre-U17. I would love to get some travelling speed back but I don't like succumbing to the impending pay gate situation when considering my 22+ frames and their variants. It's unrealistic for me to waste that much resources on things that will MOST LIKELY get an improved version like all the Normal frames and the NOT-Umbra frames (if the Umbra turns out to be superior in looks+stats). I can throw money to solve the issue but I prefer not to - especially in order to solve an issue I didn't create.

And that's ignoring all the time wasted in the process.

I do have a catalyst in every weapon except MK-1 gimped ones that came after MK-1 braton. Don't generalise.

I didn't . lol I'm sure you know how to read

Btw I said you don't need not if you have. But I'm glad you took this opportunity to show how much of a try hard you are .

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

I think it has been a bit too long since you have been a new player.

It takes no skill to raise or use a kubrow and all of the cards can be farmed on earth

no, i'm just one of those weird people that is capable of simultaneously keeping the newer and older Players in mind at the same time.

it seems to be a rare capability.

yes, you can get the Mods on Earth and the Kubrow will raise itself.

without any Mods, it can die to low Level Enemies, and is likely to die to the beginning of mid Level Enemies. this is why so many Players complain about them constantly dying and being impossible to use. because you can't control their AI, they will go run off and attack groups of things that they may or may not be able to Kill before they get Killed.

the Mods are important to have for your Kubrow. Pack Leader is absolutely required, and luckily is a Mod that a newer Player could upgrade. but they also need Health and Shields, and those Mods are way out of the league of the earlier Players.

these Players are not highly skilled at the game yet, as they are fairly new.

these Players are the Players that get Killed by a Sapping Osprey, these Players are the Players that whack at an Oxium Osprey and let it suicide charge right into their face, these Players are the Players that are always on the other end of the map from a Health Based Objective, these Players are the Players that pick up all of the Power Cells on the map and feed them to a single Excavator even though it's already at 100%.

these Players are not highly skilled and haven't yet acquired much of the knowledge about the game that they'll need to know, and they have enough trouble as it is without having to take care of themself and something else as well.

but these Players are allowed to breed a Kubrow without knowing what they're doing.

-snip-

some Players are looking for the most efficient route. they will ALWAYS be looking for that. if they only needed to Level an item once, even if that item only took half as much XP as it does now, they'd still use the most efficient method.

because the most efficient method is all that's important to them.

there's no changing that. we could remove all forms of grind possible in the game, you'd still find quite a few in the most efficient locations using the most efficient methods.

the only answer to that is for the most efficient method to be playing the game in the way it's intended to be. if normal play is the most efficient, then the problem absolves itself.

Nothing lost? The removal of coptering/PK1.0 means an inherent loss of potential speed across the board with the only exceptions being tailwind zephyr's and those who refused to use coptering/PK1.0.

Not one thing lost...

You persist in making potential speed arguments.

Combat speed unaffected only map traversal... If you were bypassing content.

You mean bypassing all those mobs with the flip of a fast weapon was design intent?

...Not likely.

-Not that it is time consuming, the issue is that it is too time consuming. Farming fusion cores is time consuming. Farming rep until you hit your daily cap, repeated for every adapter you want to craft, is too time consuming.

-Very few (if any) are making that complaint.

-It does (well, it makes the attempt). For a full build there is no room for the new PK2.0 mods, these new slots are needed to create room for these new mods, which are needed to get even close to our formerly attainable speed.

-A valid complaint regarding the way this slot behaves.

They are all valid complaints.

..They aren't valid complaints.

They all beg the question, "If you don't have the time to play the game, then why are you playing it?"

Bypassing content isn't playing the game... It's the exact opposite.

Some of the crap you cite as reasons is done in one room as a time locked reward -or- done in the course of completing the mission and you were taking a chance you would get it or not.

The rest of the crap you cite as reasons ignores the fact that:

you get one free

can either earn or purchase any others.

Or it can be slotted in the place of something else (like they always have been)

...Lame arguments.

Gameplay was completely changed through the introduction of PK2.0.

Mods? You mean our coptering capabilities?

Irrelevant.

Who is this 'we'? Prior to my break from this game (and the forums) the general consensus was that utility mods weren't slot competitive and most people ignored them as a result (many even claiming maglev was useless despite its huge affect on speed pre-PK2.0).

You just proved my point and invalidated your own.

Exilus slots are a zero sum addition.

It's there if you want it... But you don't have to have it.

Which leaves me with the question of, "Why are you fussing?"

Only the dehydrated are grateful when they are pissed upon.

...If that's your thing dude.

To each their own.

DE nerfed coptering and air melee into the ground so that they could switch our dependency to these new mods. In the past we were free to make our builds as strong as we wanted because all we needed was a tipedo/ceramic dagger to bridge any gap in speed. Now we need utility mods to bridge the gap.

I love how when you people provide negative feedback it is considered feedback. But when someone you disagree with does it, they're just "whining, wailing, and moaning".

You don't need utility mods for speed... You can use utility mods for speed.

...Same as always.

I call it "whining, wailing, and moaning", when the feedback isn't actionable and the person doing it is merely venting.

...Which is what everyone else with similar complaints is doing right now.

"Please give me something more to make me accept the changes you've made..."

This is the crux of most of the arguments and complaints being used all over the place (regarding this subject) right now.

It's faulty logic and a bad request.

One shouldn't expect to be mollified when their behavior was aberrant in the first place.

You've played the game long enough to know DE wasn't crazy about rushing.

...Surely, you had to realize they'd install a speed-bump that would stick eventually.

No offense, If you weren't bypassing content to begin with... You'd have only noticed net positives from the changes.

Or, you can look at it this way...

You were one of the players that lobbied to have arcane helmets removed because you felt Vanguard was OP and Rhino's shouldn't be moving at Loki speed.

...You got the bulk of your wish.

Other people hated coptering and rushing and felt it needed to be removed.

...They got the bulk of their wish

Some days you eat the bear...

And some days the bear eats you.

i wonder when the devs implemented this slot did they intend players to use it or not? if they did stop saying it's optional! the whole game is optional ffs!

being optional doesn't make it less expensive or badly implemented in terms of mod points and is no excuse. i want good options not bad ones is that ok? so far this is not a good option IMHO. please fix it so it doesn't cost mod points and doesn't lock builds.

then it can be what it was heralded to be in the devstream "u can finally use that handspring mod" because for now there is no room for it unless u compromise your build ... so no .. i can't finally use that handspring mod for the same reason i couldn't use it until now either.

Edited by ..atom..

i wonder when the devs implemented this slot did they intend players to use it or not? if they did stop saying it's optional! the whole game is optional ffs!

being optional doesn't make it less expensive or badly implemented in terms of mod points and is no excuse. i want good options not bad ones is that ok? so far this is not a good option IMHO. please fix it so it doesn't cost mod points and doesn't lock builds.

then it can be what it was heralded to be in the devstream "u can finally use that handspring mod" because for now there is no room for it unless u compromise your build ... so no .. i can't finally use that handspring mod for the same reason i couldn't use it until now either.

By your logic:

Orokin Reactors aren't optional...

Orokin Catalysts aren't optional...

Any Mod...

Any Weapon...

Any Frame...

Any Companion...

You've been enabled with an choice that allows players to add utility without necessarily having to sacrifice all of your desired functionality.

That's the very definition of the word...

op·tion
ˈäpSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: option; plural noun: options
a thing that is or may be chosen.

It's being called an "option" because that's exactly what it is.

[Edit]  To be fair... you really have to have at least 1 frame and a weapon to play the game so that's not optional.
           You still get to choose which ones you use though.
Edited by Padre_Akais

my point is that being optional is not an excuse for bad implementation and compared to other options like catalysts or reactors this one is lacking.

the whole game and everything in it is optional but because we want to use it and get satisfaction from it we *@##$ about it here in hopes the devs hear us and adjust the game more to our liking.

also that by having to polarize the frame 2 more times to be able to use it, in most cases means sacrificing functionality by locking the frame in a certain build which is the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do.

Edited by ..atom..