Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think I've Figured Out What Excalibur Umbra Is.

It would be interesting (for me at least) if the umbra warframes were a separate team of frames dedicated to other kinds of missions, turning then all dark primes to umbra primes and separating them further into categories, and allowing DE to create prime and umbra prime variants of all warframes, but of course this would require DE to create new models and more movesets, to avoid bringing same warframes but with different stats.

For example

Defensive Ice

Frost

Prime Frost (A different Prime Frost, with the normal Orokin white and gold palette)

Offensive Ice

Umbra Frost

Umbra Prime Frost (The one Prime Frost we already have but with a different moveset more offensive and based on ice element)

I love these threads the sheer lack of knowledge then thry try to turn speculations into facts the sheer stupidity excites my loins.

Hey we dont know a lot yet and thats why I used the "I think"

It would be interesting (for me at least) if the umbra warframes were a separate team of frames dedicated to other kinds of missions, turning then all dark primes to umbra primes and separating them further into categories, and allowing DE to create prime and umbra prime variants of all warframes, but of course this would require DE to create new models and more movesets, to avoid bringing same warframes but with different stats.

For example

Defensive Ice

Frost

Prime Frost (A different Prime Frost, with the normal Orokin white and gold palette)

Offensive Ice

Umbra Frost

Umbra Prime Frost (The one Prime Frost we already have but with a different moveset more offensive and based on ice element)

For example

Defensive Ice

Frost

Offensive Ice

Umbra Frost

Yeah but there probably not going to do that. I hope that they will

I love these threads the sheer lack of knowledge then thry try to turn speculations into facts the sheer stupidity excites my loins.

I never said it was fact "I think" does not equal fact nor did I try to turn it into fact, I just said it makes sense

"Thats nasty."- Cleveland Brown

If were all speculating that umbras would be a new class of gear why not give us a sense of progression. For instance we take a frostwarframe  and as we level it past the rank of 30 were given a tree of options or mni quests, picking one allows us to decide whether wed want a vandal wraith prime or umbra style frame. Less grinding a bigger sense of progression based on the players wants. While also cutting back on resource requirements inventory slots etc. if you wanted a frost prime youd have to progress towards the prime tree. maybe staying in void more or if you wanted an umbra more codex unlocks and invasion style missions. vandal more corpus. wraith more grineer. idk just an idea. personally id like to choose which style my frame would go. each one would have benefits and drawbacks and you cant revert. want a frost umbra and frost vandal gotta build another frost

If were all speculating that umbras would be a new class of gear why not give us a sense of progression. For instance we take a frostwarframe  and as we level it past the rank of 30 were given a tree of options or mni quests, picking one allows us to decide whether wed want a vandal wraith prime or umbra style frame. Less grinding a bigger sense of progression based on the players wants. While also cutting back on resource requirements inventory slots etc. if you wanted a frost prime youd have to progress towards the prime tree. maybe staying in void more or if you wanted an umbra more codex unlocks and invasion style missions. vandal more corpus. wraith more grineer. idk just an idea. personally id like to choose which style my frame would go. each one would have benefits and drawbacks and you cant revert. want a frost umbra and frost vandal gotta build another frost

That is one of the best ideas I've ever heard regarding frame proggression.

well barring the aesthetics i think itd be a step in the right direction. But wed have to wait on them to release that system...forgot the name but they were talking about releasing something for people to do when you level a frame or weapon to 30.

Its called the Focus system

But they keep putting it off

If were all speculating that umbras would be a new class of gear why not give us a sense of progression. For instance we take a frostwarframe and as we level it past the rank of 30 were given a tree of options or mni quests, picking one allows us to decide whether wed want a vandal wraith prime or umbra style frame. Less grinding a bigger sense of progression based on the players wants. While also cutting back on resource requirements inventory slots etc. if you wanted a frost prime youd have to progress towards the prime tree. maybe staying in void more or if you wanted an umbra more codex unlocks and invasion style missions. vandal more corpus. wraith more grineer. idk just an idea. personally id like to choose which style my frame would go. each one would have benefits and drawbacks and you cant revert. want a frost umbra and frost vandal gotta build another frost

I think linear progression should stay out of warframe.

Mk ultra k11, why do you care so much about Umbra?

And it wouldn't matter if any umbra was better than prime since it won't only be Excalibur that's umbra. It's not like he was made to spite founders he is the first of a limited series.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

I think linear progression should stay out of warframe.

Mk ultra k11, why do you care so much about Umbra?

And it wouldn't matter if any umbra was better than prime since it won't only be Excalibur that's umbra. It's not like he was made to spite founders he is the first of a limited series.

I just find it very interesting and want to no more about the lore and I know some founders find this a very touchy topic so I tried to redirect the hate. I also want to tell others that also want the frame what is likely to be the case based off of what we know so far.

If it's not better than Excalibur Prime it won't be worth it. Prime is slightly better (25 armor) in Excalibur's case.

Don't trust lore for gameplay.

You can easily see that some synd weapons, stalker, and clan are better than primes.

Plus we don't know what Umbra is. And Tenno used to make primes anyway this could just be their modifications.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

One one we get will be the one that we saw in the pictures we just haven't seen umbra excalibur prime yet

the translation was not translated right, plus why would a founder pack have a regular excal umbra and the founder is supposed to be better

And release the prime later ?????. All you see is excal and excal umbra thats it. china is not junior varsity warframe, they have theor own thing

It does not exist

Edited by (PS4)Nzza_News

Guys! Rebecca said: "The recent images showcase Excalibur Umbra", not "Excalibut Umbra Prime"! That means that the one we saw in that awful trailer is Excalibur Umbra! Am i clear yet? Grey excalibur with golden parts is Excalibur Umbra!!! There will be no 2 variants of this warframe? You got it? Am i clear? Maybe I should repeat one more time? There is only one new warframe leaked! 1!!! One! Not 2!

Sorry for being psyho... I just get mad when I see people thinking there will 2 Excalibur Umbras... Sorry.

Guys! Rebecca said: "The recent images showcase Excalibur Umbra", not "Excalibut Umbra Prime"! That means that the one we saw in that awful trailer is Excalibur Umbra! Am i clear yet? Grey excalibur with golden parts is Excalibur Umbra!!! There will be no 2 variants of this warframe? You got it? Am i clear? Maybe I should repeat one more time? There is only one new warframe leaked! 1!!! One! Not 2!

Sorry for being psyho... I just get mad when I see people thinking there will 2 Excalibur Umbras... Sorry.

And then Changyou indicated very strongly that there *were* two Excalibur Umbras, and Rebecca indicated that there were additional questions and not everything was clear, and DE and Changyou needed to conference and figure out what was going on, and locked the thread.

We're all still waiting.  We really don't know much for sure right now.