Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Wait... The Stalker Was Right? (Spoilers?)

Mak_Gohae

I like all of this. Such a riveting read. I have another question, though. What are "Low Guardians", as mentioned by the Stalker, and what differentiates them from Tenno? Evidently The Stalker is as powerful, if not stronger, than any single Warframe. He has vast combat potential and abilities. Where did he get them? Are there more like him? Low Guardian*s*. Plural. How did only he survive? Is he infested? Is he Tenno? Is he Orokin? That's what I'm curious about.

It's just Guardian, not Low Guardian. There might be more Guardians alive; His codex entry leaves it open as a possibility. He is Orokin like the Tenno and others. The rest about him remains a mystery but i don't think he is all that different from a Tenno. He uses a Warframe, is adept at using various powers, and uses the same load configurations like a Tenno. 

well officially we can look at this way Tenno from the time that the Stalker was still a low guardian were better equipped and were more experience in the way of fighting.Also i would bet their powers were greater and had all Primed Mods(just because)

so in perceptual view those Tenno that were at that celebration were far stronger,better weapons,better gear,better mods,and well during the war they had support from the orokin.SO they could literally ask for specific weapons for combat and they had it we could also say that those Tenno also had troops that came along just for the purpose of providing support while they were in combat against the sentient.

Now over the time we were in cry sleep

Stalker used his knowledge of the low guardian to make adjustment to his weapon.And considering that Warframe still have some sort of form of power since Mesa infested was not tenno but could still use the powers.We can say that as he hunted for his revenge he found sleeping tennos which he murder and took away their warframe pieces and augmented himself with this.

While we also consider that the blood of the tenno is seen as some divine liquid as Vor states that our blood would cure his people we can testify that thorught ages of killing Tenno the Low guardian became know as stalker using this divine blood to keep himself power that's is why he retreats when he is weaken to much he can only use so much energy and so much power but not restore it unlike us who can.

That is why their is no death animation for stalker because once he dies he is dead no revive for him.He just runs away.

I have solo stalker with about all my frames and is only because i can move around and shoot better then him that i kill him.We can say low guardian have far less inhuman strength then a tenno

That's an interesting theory. Like some kind of Warframe cannibal. But that makes me really not want to join his team. Lotus for life. I'm a momma's boy.

That's an interesting theory. Like some kind of Warframe cannibal. But that makes me really not want to join his team. Lotus for life. I'm a momma's boy.

i mean the infested mesa had no Tenno but it did have tenno tissue i suspect the least since Infested work with biological tissue.

So i suspect to work the warframe you need blood. since tenno naturally create blood and can heal which is why we can kind of see why a warframe like trinity is so rare cause her power actually helps in regeneration of cell and well blood are cells.which is pushing it look at the rage mod as something to support this claim.

Our health will represent our flesh and cell which from what i understand carry the Void radiation which gives us power. 

Edited by Leavith

i mean the infested mesa had no Tenno but it did have tenno tissue i suspect the least since Infested work with biological tissue.

So i suspect to work the warframe you need blood. since tenno naturally create blood and can heal which is why we can kind of which is pushing it look at the rage mod as something to support this claim.

It didn't have any Tenno tissue at all. It was just Infested meat inside of an empty Warframe.

It didn't have any Tenno tissue at all. It was just Infested meat inside of an empty Warframe.

Well Lotus said that is no Tenno.

And Vor says the tenno power is not in the warframe but in the tenno

So we can presume that the Warframe is just conduit of the tenno power that just needs to be feed this so call divine energy to produce results

But in the same way it makes you wonder why infested mesa could use her power if she was just infested meat.

So why theories is the infested flesh devour the tenno that was inside which allowed that infested meat to work the warframe.

And since Infested assimilate what they eat into an organic shape we say that those cells were once part of a different tenno.

And knowing alad V who made zanuka using warframe parts when he was working with machines i wouldn't put it pass him to sue tenno parts when working with infested.

And yes we know the flesh was alive cause it moved,and cause lotus said put it out of its misery 

Edited by Leavith

Or at least controlling it in some way - after all, M Alad V's able to control our Warframes during his fight while we're still in it, so could be external sources.

Hollow doesn't necessarily have to mean empty on the inside, could be there wasn't a Tenno soul inside of it - the more mystical version of "hollow".

So we can presume that the Warframe is just conduit of the tenno power that just needs to be feed this so call divine energy to produce results

But in the same way it makes you wonder why infested mesa could use her power if she was just infested meat.

We also have that moment in the RPC where a creature that seemingly has no connection to the Tenno (yet) uses its powers. The way Vor described the Warframes makes me think of a light filter - you put it over a source of light and BOOM! The light being projected is changed to that color.

The filter still has the color on its own, but when the light is shined through it it can blanket an entire area. There's a separation to be made, I think between the Void energy the Tenno had - the same the Sentients were weak to (even if they got over the fact it could outright kill them - and the abilities of the Warframes come from different sources - the Tenno and Warframe specifically - and so on their own they can do their own thing, but combine them and they become something far greater.

Edited by Morec0

@Morec0

it also makes me kind of wonder why their are so many tenno

and vor wanted use us to cure the cloning problem right?

so what if all the tenno just have DNA copies of the original but thanks to whatever the Void did to us it cured us.

Could be an explanation why Vor said that using us would cure his people or researching us because they knew that for us Tenno are clones that had never had an issue with the our DNA and we just repair our self and not deteriorate.So we were an example of what they wanted to be.

Although grineer cloning are generation of generations of cloning that has brought this upon them.

Kind of make me think the only effect of being a tenno is that we are twisted by void energy.

which i understan what your comment above says Krill can use both fire and ice

Vor teleport and tesla grenades

each boss is able to use a certain power as well as eximus i kind believe that over their exposure as well to the void even if it was just momentarily they begun to change.As we see Vor in the toturial enter the Void portal and he is also using Janus key which i believe is an actual Orokin artifact that must have been some form of storing void energy.

Edited by Leavith

Lotus would have said something different and showed more emotion if Alad was using Tenno + Warframe parts again, like with Zanuka. Chroma could also use power and it didn't have a Tenno either. The creature in  the RPC which is arguably a precursor to the Rhino, also used powers but crude versions. Tenno more than likely act as the perfect fuel for a Warframe.

Or at least controlling it in some way - after all, M Alad V's able to control our Warframes during his fight while we're still in it, so could be external sources.

Hollow doesn't necessarily have to mean empty on the inside, could be there wasn't a Tenno soul inside of it - the more mystical version of "hollow".

I'm not saying it wasn't being controlled; It was definitely being controlled but there wasn't any Tenno involved with the Mesa suit. Lotus clearly states this.

Lotus would have said something different and showed more emotion if Alad was using Tenno + Warframe parts again, like with Zanuka. Chroma could also use power and it didn't have a Tenno either. The creature in  the RPC which is arguably a precursor to the Rhino, also used powers but crude versions. Tenno more than likely act as the perfect fuel for a Warframe.

I'm not saying it wasn't being controlled; It was definitely being controlled but there wasn't any Tenno involved with the Mesa suit. Lotus clearly states this.

From what i understand chroma in codex reads infested just like the mesa and apart from that it looks like an INSANE Chroma we are not told that the chroma has no tenno ..The mission we are dealing with cephalon and Lotus decides to take a step back so she is nowhere to make the calls >She takes a step back when she realizes what the pieces of chroma mean.Then we have cephalon who only cares about knowledege and or cephalon running the mission.

And no i would not blame Lotus for not showing much emotion she only know so much after all she only knew that this new strain of infested could corrupt machines and that it could Alad was trying to make one to control tenno.So when she saw the mesa she jsut thought is just infested flesh being controlled inside a warframe that is why it moves she wasn't thinking one her so call children was the infested flesh plus the warframe.After all if lotus knew more about the Infestation their would be no problem making a cure for them

Edited by Leavith

@Morec0

it also makes me kind of wonder why their are so many tenno

and vor wanted use us to cure the cloning problem right?

so what if all the tenno just have DNA copies of the original but thanks to whatever the Void did to us it cured us.

Could be an explanation why Vor said that using us would cure his people or researching us because they knew that for us Tenno are clones that had never had an issue with the our DNA and we just repair our self and not deteriorate.So we were an example of what they wanted to be.

Although grineer cloning are generation of generations of cloning that has brought this upon them.

Kind of make me think the only effect of being a tenno is that we are twisted by void energy.

which i understan what your comment above says Krill can use both fire and ice

Vor teleport and tesla grenades

each boss is able to use a certain power as well as eximus i kind believe that over their exposure as well to the void even if it was just momentarily they begun to change.As we see Vor in the toturial enter the Void portal and he is also using Janus key which i believe is an actual Orokin artifact that must have been some form of storing void energy.

There'd be a lot of Tenno because the Orokin would want a lot of soldiers to beat the Sentients - ESPECIALLY if they saw how effective they became against them, I can imagine the Orokin started replicating that experiment en masse to create hundreds upon thousands of Tenno warriors to save them and destroy their wayward creation.

As for Vor and his seeking to use us to cure the Grineer's Cloning Decay Syndrome, I think it may be a mistake to assume that he thought he held the genetic cure to that.

I mean, let's look at what Vor says to his Queens back during Arid Fear: "I know you are sour on mysticism, but I am beginning to turn my gaze towards it". And even in that same ending when he was studying the Tenno he killed and then pulled from "their metal womb" - whether he was studying actual physical Tenno bodies or the Warframes pulled from the Cryopods - he doesn't make any mention about the genetics of the Tenno, but rather is focused on their powers, which they could "find nothing to explain", followed up by the talk of "reactive dissolution".

And then during Vor's Prize, when Vor is seemingly looking at all the details the Ascaris is seemingly feeding him and commenting his big revelation has nothing to do with the state of our genes and how they could heal the Grineer, but rather about our powers. And his continued talk of feasting on our divine blood... dude speaks in metaphors, though, so it's hard to really tell.

And then what happened to Vor when he is reborn in the Void (as you pointed out, which is why I think the state of Void Vor is KEY to understanding what the Tenno are now)... Even throught he metaphors, I think Vor was less interested in the kind of practical, genetic cure that Regor and such are looking for, and rather was after a magic fix-all that he believed the ever-mystical Tenno to contain.

From what i understand chroma in codex reads infested just like the mesa and apart from that it looks like an INSANE Chroma we are not told that the chroma has no tenno ..The mission we are dealing with cephalon and Lotus decides to take a step back so she is nowhere to make the calls >She takes a step back when she realizes what the pieces of chroma mean.Then we have cephalon who only cares about knowledege and or cephalon running the mission.

And no i would not blame Lotus for not showing much emotion she only know so much after all she only knew that this new strain of infested could corrupt machines and that it could Alad was trying to make one to control tenno

Simaris hints that there's another being controlling Chroma - "Then the question is, if it is not Tenno control, what entity dominates it? That is the true prey. I must have that other for my Sanctuary." And he seems very sure of it, even by the end: "... I will continue my search for the source of the Voice and its domination..."

And while this is less evidence-based and more theorizing: I find it difficult to imagine Lotus, especially given the confirmations of the "Lotus as mother" theme with Natah, would just let Simaris synthesize a Tenno for his sanctuary no matter how far gone they might be. No mother is willing to give up on their child.

Edited by Morec0

And no i would not blame Lotus for not showing much emotion she only know so much after all she only knew that this new strain of infested could corrupt machines and that it could Alad was trying to make one to control tenno

Why are you mentioning their codex classifications? There are only 2 Warframe enemies we can obtain, so i don't see how that makes any point at all. It's likely that Warframes are a refined formed of what the Infested was intended to be. Simaris states that Chroma is not being controlled by a Tenno.

Not sure what you're trying to get at in your last statement but i'll reiterate. There was no Tenno inside of Infested Mesa and Lotus makes that very clear.

Why are you mentioning their codex classifications? There are only 2 Warframe enemies we can obtain, so i don't see how that makes any point at all. It's likely that Warframes are a refined formed of what the Infested was intended to be. Simaris states that Chroma is not being controlled by a Tenno.

Not sure what you're trying to get at in your last statement but i'll reiterate. There was no Tenno inside of Infested Mesa and Lotus makes that very clear.

I will take a step back it looks like my point is being over seen i was giving the example of alad v using warframe parts to create zanuka i was not saying he is using a frankestain tenno to control mesa.

What i was refeing to something along the lines of whatever tenno was inside mesa was eaten by the infestation meaning is no longer a tenno but just another infested.i feel like i might not have been clear that is why we got this confusion.We are talking about guy here who take Tenno and warframe apart i am sure the idea of feeding tenno flesh to his infestation to help create a new strand of infested was one of his idea.(at least that what i would do)

snip

i understand what your trying to say and simaris does give us a look that something is controlling the insane chroma

Edited by Leavith

In that quote or at a different moment?

Simaris hints that there's another being controlling Chroma - "Then the question is, if it is not Tenno control, what entity dominates it? That is the true prey. I must have that other for my Sanctuary." And he seems very sure of it, even by the end: "... I will continue my search for the source of the Voice and its domination..."

That one ^

while i do understand that if lotus disappears out of the quest when we do learn that she freaks out from finding out that Chroma parts from the research Simaris is doing we never see her once ask or even appear when we are finally dealing with the chroma entity 

That one ^

while i do understand that if lotus disappears out of the quest when we do learn that she freaks out from finding out that Chroma parts from the research Simaris is doing we never see her once ask or even appear when we are finally dealing with the chroma entity 

Ahhh, okay. I've always been curious if Simaris might say something about what he found if you visit him in Sanctuary before completing the quest, but I suppose someone would have had that thought and tried it out already - and I know I definitely never had the thought at the time.

Dude. Kill Ordis. He IS stupid.

DE have officially stated (I'm paraphrasing here) that unless you're willing to become a hermit on Earth, you would die in a matter of in-universe hours without Ordis, because Ordis is the only Cephalon in existence both willing and capable of dealing with the kind of BS required to keep us functioning as the Lotus's warriors. We are some seriously high-maintenance mutants, us Tenno

Sure let's rebel against the woman(?) who betrayed her own race so we can live, freed all races from the Orokin(not so nice people) and tries to keep everything in check so the past won't get repeated

LOL! Freed people from the Orokin. That's now what she was doing, she was preparing for the Sentient to come back.

And now we are still doing her mission, we are still messing up the system creating chaos.

Some Stalker Lore

Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.

So the Stalker is a Orokin or a Teshin-kind-of-guy who guarded the Orokin leader and is angry that you killed them ...

...and do you take a guy serious who wants to kill me because I killed Phorid or Lephantis, it's like killing a doctor because he helps kids

He is mad for a reason.

And he is still mad because he thinks we are doing the same thing as before but we are not because we were not told about the past.

LOL! Freed people from the Orokin. That's now what she was doing, she was preparing for the Sentient to come back.

And now we are still doing her mission, we are still messing up the system creating chaos.

He is mad for a reason.

And he is still mad because he thinks we are doing the same thing as before but we are not because we were not told about the past.

you know when i think how great we were being treated by the orokin it almost make me think about joining them.Come on gold silk free primed mods,free prime weapons,all the action i want,I mean i could even say we are about to launch a crusade against the remaining sentient and they would be okay with it.BEST OF ALL no nullifiers or manic to get in the way of my power

DE have officially stated (I'm paraphrasing here) that unless you're willing to become a hermit on Earth, you would die in a matter of in-universe hours without Ordis, because Ordis is the only Cephalon in existence both willing and capable of dealing with the kind of BS required to keep us functioning as the Lotus's warriors. We are some seriously high-maintenance mutants, us Tenno

Cosmic feedback is a riot. Ya I would prefer Simaris in ny liset rather than Ordis.

How the hell does OP have so many upvotes? Do people even read/follow the lore? 

Stalker's only interest is killing the Tenno because they killed the Orokin, not stopping us from killing in general. If we didn't kill the Orokin, he wouldn't give a crap about us killing the Infested, Corpus, or Grineer. He probably doesn't even know about the actions of Lotus.

Stalker is probably so consumed with hatred and revenge that us killing any high-ranking leader is a trigger for him. It probably causes him to relive what the Tenno did to the Orokin, so he takes it as a good enough reason to murder them, since they don't remember what they did.

Yeah but once we tell him the truth and help him take down the real culprit we will all the be fine.

Yeah but once we tell him the truth and help him take down the real culprit we will all the be fine.

I doubt it:

"You may forget but you are not innocent."

Dude would more likely see us having been the instrument that did it and hate us just as much for it. Highly doubt he's about to let those thousands of years of hatred go - IF he even believes us about Lotus' identity in the first place. To use a real world analogy, the gun restriction debates; with the Tenno as the guns Teshin took the stance of "guns don't kill people, people kill people" with people being the Lotus, while Stalker took the "guns kill people" side of such the debate.

Teshin seems to have lightened up on his opinions of Lotus a bit, but Stalker's not likely to forgive us anytime soon.

imo at least, and also imo: we really shouldn't care. Looking at everything we know about the Orokin - slave races especially - they had it coming.

Edited by Morec0

About to get some hate on this but if their was a chance of me surviving i would have done what the orokin did no i think i would have gone a step further and made myself a monster of destruction just to survive i don't care if i lost my humanity that just perspective anyways.T

I need labor that does not affect my people so i make grineer and enslave them

i need a way to spread my people so that we don;t have to fight for room or space so i will migrate to another system

i need a way to turn the other system for a place for my people so i terraform

i need to protect my people from machines so i will use existing monster to destroy them

i need to protect my people from the monster i release so i will make new monster to destroy them and my other problems

i need to protect my people so i will begin to make sacrifice

i need to protect my people from me so i will seal myself away

i need to protect myself from my people so i become a monster

I need to survive so i will destroy all my people,creations,and troubles

That how i see it going.