Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Wait... The Stalker Was Right? (Spoilers?)

Mak_Gohae

Yeah but once we tell him the truth and help him take down the real culprit we will all the be fine.

A guy like Stalker that has been angry for that long wouldn't buy the "They made me do it! I was just following orders!" excuse. He'd still kill the Tenno if he knew the truth and just head for the source afterwards. It's naive to think he'd even give the Tenno a chance.

"Oh my god this other guy sounds like he's right, lemme pick him"

*Update 18 Lotus does care about you*

"S#&$, now I gotta switch back to Lotus cus she seems like she's right now!"

You just turn from one blind eye to another eh. My point? We haven't even get deep into the lore yet, don't be too quick to make a judgment based solely on your speculations. 

Yeah but once we tell him the truth and help him take down the real culprit we will all the be fine.

In one system with Grineer Empire and Corpus? When they both perfectly willing to burn all opponents down or dissect Tenno for their own research?

There is also Infested and Sentients, who want to end us all "just because".

What a hek Tenno can do without information support and balancing efforts of Lotus? Get their own &#! kicked as our dear friend Stalker?

Well if that mean you won't get any "Gift From the Lotus" anymore, i'm siding with space mama..

That's all it takes to work with the people you were sent to kill?

Your the worst assassin ever.  :)

Tenno are free to do what they choose. I don't care that she's a Sentient; as far as I know she's never had us do anything 'bad' and each specific mission we've 'been told to do' ( via events ) we didn't have to do.

At least she woke us up; Alad would've fused us together into a Zanuka, or the Grineer would've thrown us into a Tenno Blender 5,000.

She was sent to create chaos and this is still what we are doing.

BTW, she put up to sleep in the first place.

The reason why we are resources is because of her!

That's all it takes to work with the people you were sent to kill?

Your the worst assassin ever.  :)

I don't think you know how being an assassin works. You find yourself a good, long-term client with a good benefits plan and a selection of fun targets, and just keep on grinding those contracts out

On the other hand I hate having to report to anyone. Can I go be be a mecenary or something lol. Maybe Baro will gimmi discounts if I help him

Well you can always goto one of his party he always be inviting us to...Maybe you could be a tenno politician...i am sure the queens of the grineer wouldn't mind making you their weapon after you prove yourself.

I mean look at it this way every tenno they kill you can take their weapon.

Why would DE destroy it's number 1 character just because some players does not like her?

there are many ways to do what you've said... but killing lotus just because is stupid.

When did "Lotus" become the #1 character?

Why grakata of all things :\ 

Great idea though. Been some time since we had a tactical alert/ event (For PC)

Random weapon chose, it could be something else.

Dunno what the fuss about. Lotus just want babbies. She said Sentients can't make babbies. She wanted children. The end.

Well, the whole thing about killing everyone is an issue.

And i dont want to be the baby of some one that was sent to destroy everyone. Even if she didnt destroy me.

She was sent to create chaos and this is still what we are doing.

BTW, she put up to sleep in the first place.

The reason why we are resources is because of her!

She wasn't sent to create chaos, it was to bring down the Orokin. They were douchebags anyway, so they deserved. 

The reason we were put to sleep was to keep us safe and hidden. Moms(Good mothers) do everything they can to keep their children safe.

Well, the whole thing about killing everyone is an issue.

And i dont want to be the baby of some one that was sent to destroy everyone. Even if she didnt destroy me.

Again, she was sent to get rid of the Orokin. The Grineer and Corpus that are being killed deserve death. They are harming innocents for their own goals, actively pursuing Tenno + Warframes for experiments, and arguably trying to pick up where the Orokin left off.

The number one IMPORTANT character to the plot. She always has been

Agreed. The whole Warframe game was having a society of awakened Tenno surviving in a hostile universe having Lotus as our leader and guide. If the game revolves around her near literally i don't know what a #1 character is anymore.

I'm still betting Teshin trained him during the centuries the Tenno slept, until Teshin saw that the Stalker's rage and lust for vengeance could never be contained by any amount of training or enlightenment through discipline, so they went their separate ways.

So Stalker is like Akuma?

He wanted to learn the murderous intent?

DE have officially stated (I'm paraphrasing here) that unless you're willing to become a hermit on Earth, you would die in a matter of in-universe hours without Ordis, because Ordis is the only Cephalon in existence both willing and capable of dealing with the kind of BS required to keep us functioning as the Lotus's warriors. We are some seriously high-maintenance mutants, us Tenno

Officially where?

I still dont know what he does besides pilot that ship when we are not there.

you know when i think how great we were being treated by the orokin it almost make me think about joining them.Come on gold silk free primed mods,free prime weapons,all the action i want,I mean i could even say we are about to launch a crusade against the remaining sentient and they would be okay with it.BEST OF ALL no nullifiers or manic to get in the way of my power

There probably wasnt any farming at all.

Officially where?

I still dont know what he does besides pilot that ship when we are not there.

An old thread right after PvP was released; a bunch of people were asking to have the Cephalon Capture cephalons as their LISET voice. DE told them "NO!" in a very frank manner

I'm trying to find the thread, but the search function refuses to find me any threads older than 3 weeks

As for what Ordis does, check this link for a very very very short summation: https://warframe.com/news/ask-cephalon-2

Edited by TARINunit9

I finally found the post concerning replacing Ordis to be a terrible idea, in case anyone here still gives a care:

Thread dropped from General Discussion's hands.

Ordis thinks that Vull would be highly incompetent in protecting the Operator. Both its matrix and... deviance would not fit into Ship Cephalon prerogatives.

Unless the Operator wants to commit suicide on a Grineer Ship. Or see the Foundry eject a deadly weapon upon the one who came to claim it.

Operator, do you want to leave this world already? é_è

Yaer being a DE staff member

I doubt it:

"You may forget but you are not innocent."

Dude would more likely see us having been the instrument that did it and hate us just as much for it. Highly doubt he's about to let those thousands of years of hatred go - IF he even believes us about Lotus' identity in the first place. To use a real world analogy, the gun restriction debates; with the Tenno as the guns Teshin took the stance of "guns don't kill people, people kill people" with people being the Lotus, while Stalker took the "guns kill people" side of such the debate.

Teshin seems to have lightened up on his opinions of Lotus a bit, but Stalker's not likely to forgive us anytime soon.

imo at least, and also imo: we really shouldn't care. Looking at everything we know about the Orokin - slave races especially - they had it coming.

This all revolves around him being a nutter which we have no idea he is.

All we know is that he hunting us because we kill the orokin and it looks like now we are doing the same thing with the people that are now in charge.

It looks like now he is trying to stop the thing he couldn't before.

A guy like Stalker that has been angry for that long wouldn't buy the "They made me do it! I was just following orders!" excuse. He'd still kill the Tenno if he knew the truth and just head for the source afterwards. It's naive to think he'd even give the Tenno a chance.

I dont think the "Lotus" made us do it, it think the "Lotus" tricked us.

So he probably would be cool if we side with him and stop the evilness of "Lotus" are her baby issues.

This all revolves around him being a nutter which we have no idea he is.

All we know is that he hunting us because we kill the orokin and it looks like now we are doing the same thing with the people that are now in charge.

It looks like now he is trying to stop the thing he couldn't before.

And, both times, he's a damn FOOL for wanting to do so. Life under the Orokin meant slavery for entire races of people, and life under the Grineer and Corpus makes the same.

You'll argue that "yeah, well we caused the Grineer and Corpus one" and I'll respond "yeah, and we're trying to correct that mistake" but ultimately neither of us will come any closer to seeing what the other sees as being right or wrong with the way things were/are in the Warframe verse.

The Stalker is a man too dedicated to the Orokin, too dedicated to the dead tyrants of yore. Teshin at least seems to realize the Orokin are gone, hence why he's focused his attention onto those he sees as their greatest legacy and possible inheritants: the Tenno.

Edited by Morec0

I dont think the "Lotus" made us do it, it think the "Lotus" tricked us.

So he probably would be cool if we side with him and stop the evilness of "Lotus" are her baby issues.

My reply about the "They made me do it! I was just following orders!" was meant to be all encompassing.

Even if the Tenno were tricked into murdering the Orokin, i doubt he'd let that go. Why? It would be because the Tenno are still the ones that decided of their own volition to take action and slice them up. He'd expect them to inform the Orokin about what they have heard if they were truly loyal.

And, both times, he's a damn FOOL for wanting to do so. Life under the Orokin meant slavery for entire races of people, and life under the Grineer and Corpus makes the same.

You'll argue that "yeah, well we caused the Grineer and Corpus one" and I'll respond "yeah, and we're trying to correct that mistake" but ultimately neither of us will come any closer to seeing what the other sees as being right or wrong with the way things were/are in the Warframe verse.

The Stalker is a man too dedicated to the Orokin, too dedicated to the dead tyrants of yore. Teshin at least seems to realize the Orokin are gone, hence why he's focused his attention onto those he sees as their greatest legacy and possible inheritants: the Tenno.

Wel the stalker is no Fool he is ignorant.

Now to be more exact he is just ignorant on what went down not the fact that he loves the people we murder.While yes he does have name for the murderer he doesn't know who orchestrated the full murder or else he would be looking for her.But maybe he knows and is being smart killing tenno one at a time instead of going straight to lotus which is probably protected.

But in any of this scenario i would tell you myself

the most likely the cause of Stalker hatred was him seeing us murder his reasons for living,his loved ones,and we also probably hurt him,consider how good we are without memories think about how good we were with memory how could we let a few escaped.

Which also bring us back to what if the Stalker is not orokin like we thought lets look at Tenshin while he is Orokin he is not dead is not like we just forgave this random orokins We murder the higher ups and i can understand that day we murder everyone who was at the celebration.But how did he escaped?

No as for him being a fool for loving a race of people who enslaved other races....i can simply say so what if they enslaved other races as we know we Tenno probably started out as an experiment then we became and elite class of Warrior with decoration and respect as well as love.SO we were only solider under a higher up.Not slaves.

But in simple terms The stalker did what any person would do in such situation care for his people and no one else,Just like i don't care about killing that bunny or deer for meat

Wel the stalker is no Fool he is ignorant.

Now to be more exact he is just ignorant on what went down not the fact that he loves the people we murder.While yes he does have name for the murderer he doesn't know who orchestrated the full murder or else he would be looking for her.But maybe he knows and is being smart killing tenno one at a time instead of going straight to lotus which is probably protected.

But in any of this scenario i would tell you myself

the most likely the cause of Stalker hatred was him seeing us murder his reasons for living,his loved ones,and we also probably hurt him,consider how good we are without memories think about how good we were with memory how could we let a few escaped.

Which also bring us back to what if the Stalker is not orokin like we thought lets look at Tenshin while he is Orokin he is not dead is not like we just forgave this random orokins We murder the higher ups and i can understand that day we murder everyone who was at the celebration.But how did he escaped?

No as for him being a fool for loving a race of people who enslaved other races....i can simply say so what if they enslaved other races as we know we Tenno probably started out as an experiment then we became and elite class of Warrior with decoration and respect as well as love.SO we were only solider under a higher up.Not slaves.

But in simple terms The stalker did what any person would do in such situation care for his people and no one else,Just like i don't care about killing that bunny or deer for meat

The way I'm starting to see the matter of people like Teshin, Stalker, and potentially others within in the Corpus surviving from the Orokin Era is that, well, they just can't be considered Orokin anymore. If America was destroyed, wiped off of the map, conquered by something or broken up into smaller little nations of their own right, there really wouldn't be such a thing as an American anymore - those that would continue to call themselves such would either be arrogant in their pride, naive, or both. The father in the Anti MOA synth recognizes this, likely Teshin and others have as well.

As to why Teshin, Stalker, and likely others escape: they weren't who we wanted to kill. We weren't out to slaughter EVERYONE, just the leader, just the Congress of Executors that ruled the Empire - in their own words "the Orokin is the law and we are the Orokin" (Crewman Synth) - civilians, Dax, Lorists, Archimedean, they were all free to go about their way; as long as the power structure of the Orokin was shattered that part of the "Sequence" would be done.

And it's not just the Tenno, mate - the Grineer, the Lorists, though they were in a situation similar to ours (then again, they WERE augmented, seemingly without consent), even the Archimedean from the Crewman Synth were executed when they failed ("The Crewman project is cancelled!" - the death of the Archimedean before the narrator). Whether or not the Tenno managed to ascend their slavery doesn't matter, there were still thinking, feeling humans, and NO human deserves to be what the Orokin turned the Grineer into for that.

What is humanity?

The Red Veil? The New Loka? Everyone else is either some version of Grineer, Corpus, or Tenno.

And "Lotus" sends us to attack everyone but other Tennos.

Grineer are humans who are loyal to the queens. Their imperialistic goals are a danger to the freedom of the entire system.

Corpus are humans who worship profit, and no means to that end is off limits. Tenno are humans who were altered by the void. Save the infested and Sentients, everyone is human, so of COURSE she's sending us to kill other humans. 

The Lotus sees the system always on the tipping point of being controlled by one of those awful factions. Always one technology or one discovery away. How does one manage all these threats? There are no friendly factions with an army big enough to fight the Grineer, or with enough resources to counter the Corpus. It's just us.