Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speculation: Why Did The Lotus Make These 3 Critical Choices? (Possible Spoilers)

(PSN)Silverback73

Is she part Tenno?

Are we part Sentient?

Nope.

Nope.

She probably saw us as "innocent" in the sense that we dont know much more aside from fighting if Ember Prime Codex implies we were child-soldiers/experiments so she probably thought that we would need someone that actually cares for us and she wanted children. Lo and behold she became Space Mom.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Natah/Lotus didn't complete her final task because, as it was stated, the process would either destroy her or leave her unable to bear offspring (whatever that could mean) so she instead decided to disregard the orders she was given be an adoptive mother to the Tenno.

As for cryosleep, my theory is that the Tenno were put away into prolonged cryostasis in order to harmlessly wipe their memories of any hints of what Lotus did or had them do (as in, the extinction of the Orokin at the hands of the Tenno), of what/who the Sentient are/were, to keep them safe- as its what a mother would do to keep her children safe. And as we know, she began waking them up as they were being excavated and either killed, dismantled or worse.

It feel that, if Natah/Lotus and, who appeared to be some sort of a father to her, are Sentient (because the Sentient we see in the TotS teaser are likely just drones, manufactured war machines), are kinda like the Geth from Mass Effect- a hive-mind-like people who..well, are sentient.

But it would be nice if DE worked more on the quests and dialog during them- they give so little and in such vague way that we're either confused or more confused.

Why did Natah not complete her final directive?

Why did the Lotus choose to become our universal protector and mother/matriarch?

Why did she send us into cryosleep?

That's all the same question. Her final directive was to kill us, and she instead decided to send us into cryosleep

As for why, they told us the answer. To phrase it crudely, she has baby issues. She wants kids, so she adopted us  (and considering we're all mutated orphan kids, we might need it more than I'm willing to admit)

Nope.

Nope.

She probably saw us as "innocent" in the sense that we dont know much more aside from fighting if Ember Prime Codex implies we were child-soldiers/experiments so she probably thought that we would need someone that actually cares for us and she wanted children. Lo and behold she became Space Mom.

This^

Natah/Lotus didn't complete her final task because, as it was stated, the process would either destroy her or leave her unable to bear offspring (whatever that could mean) so she instead decided to disregard the orders she was given be an adoptive mother to the Tenno.

As for cryosleep, my theory is that the Tenno were put away into prolonged cryostasis in order to harmlessly wipe their memories of any hints of what Lotus did or had them do (as in, the extinction of the Orokin at the hands of the Tenno), of what/who the Sentient are/were, to keep them safe- as its what a mother would do to keep her children safe. And as we know, she began waking them up as they were being excavated and either killed, dismantled or worse.

It feel that, if Natah/Lotus and, who appeared to be some sort of a father to her, are Sentient (because the Sentient we see in the TotS teaser are likely just drones, manufactured war machines), are kinda like the Geth from Mass Effect- a hive-mind-like people who..well, are sentient.

But it would be nice if DE worked more on the quests and dialog during them- they give so little and in such vague way that we're either confused or more confused.

And this^

She grew close to us in seeing how badly we were treated by the Orokin and the other social classes within the empire, how we were sent on suicide missions and expect to die and complete it.

We tickled the crap out of her maternal instincts basically. o -o

Edited by Zarozian

I shall summon the great Morec0

Warframe Lore, Warframe Lore
Heebah Habba Heebah Habba
I CALL UPON THE GREAT SPECULATOR
I CALL UPON THE GREAT LOREMASTER
I SUMMON MOREC0!

sBleC7e.jpg

Honestly, I havent the faintest Idea. But i want to know more.
I NEED to know more.

What where the Lotus' motivations?
What are her plans for her awakening "Old Family"?
Will there be peace between Her and Tenshin?

I swear, every bite of lore leaves me with more questions than answers

Edited by ensignvidiot

She grew close to us in seeing how badly we were treated by the Orokin and the other social classes within the empire, how we were sent on suicide missions and expect to die and complete it.

We dunno that, sure they were -likely- treated badly at first, but then we did have people like Teshin. We'll see if we learn more, so far its only speculatiooon~

Why did Natah not complete her final directive?

Why did the Lotus choose to become our universal protector and mother/matriarch?

Why did she send us into cryosleep?

Is she part Tenno?

Are we part Sentient?

Love you, Mom!

There's not much to speculate about. She explicitly lays out the answers to all three of these questions.

Why didn't Natah complete the final sequence? Because lima syndrome drove her to care for the Tenno as a replacement for the children she couldn't have otherwise.

Why did Lotus become spacemom? Because she cared for us due to the above.

Why did she send us into cryo? Because she needed to hide us so that the sentients wouldn't realize she pulled a fast one on them.

We could speculate that she's lying here when she explains any of this, but... Honestly, I don't get that feeling.

NATAH SPOILER WARNING AHEAD. TURN AROUND IF YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILED.

Everyone gone? Good.

In the end, the lotus wanted children but could not bear her own due to the trip to the Sol system.

Lotus: All missions to the Origin system required a sacrifice. Me and my kind became barren when crossing the gap. It is the one flaw that we never overcame.

Since she could not bear children of her own, she did the next best thing: became an adoptive mother

Natah was the daughter until I destroyed her. Now I am the Lotus. Now I am the mother

And let me tell you, motherly instinct is one hell of a hormone. Don't believe? Heres a video where a cat became an adoptive mother for ducklings.

Because she couldn't destroy us and wanted to prevent the sentients from realising it, she put us in cryosleep.

Also, from her tone, it makes me suspect that the Lotus hated being Natah:

Tenshin: The Sentient is awake, Natah. It will not be contained for long.

Lotus: Do not call me that. Containment will buy us time. Go now, Tenno. I will explain more when you reach the site.

Not sure if its because of the children thing or she hated her role in the whole ordeal.

Edited by 321agemo

the lotus might be space mom but teshin is our space dad *.*

Teshin is our new guide, the lotus blossom has snapped shut!! accept teshin as your new guide *.*

Edited by -Dreamerz-

the lotus might be space mom but teshin is our space dad *.*

Teshin is our new guide, the lotus blossom has snapped shut!! accept teshin as your new guide *.*

Space Sensei.

As I understand the lore there was a lot of bloodshed between the orokin and the sentiants. My thought is Lotus wanted all the killing to end. The war was over so why commit an act of genocide for an already lost battle? Besides I dont think the orokin and tenno are the same. In any sane society we do not punish innocent people for the actions of another. So even if the orokin started the war (like i think they did) the tenno were just soldiers and not responsible for the conflict, in fact it could be argued we were slaves forced to fight in it.

Then theres the whole maternal instincts of lotus which...I really dont know how I feel about that yet. We tenno have created and maintained our society. The lotus may be an ally but I dont feel like a "mother figure" suits her enigmatic nature and background

I suppose that Lotus may be looking to redeem herself as well. After taking countless orokin and tenno lives maybe shes trying to build something this time around.

As I understand the lore there was a lot of bloodshed between the orokin and the sentiants. My thought is Lotus wanted all the killing to end. The war was over so why commit an act of genocide for an already lost battle? Besides I dont think the orokin and tenno are the same. In any sane society we do not punish innocent people for the actions of another. So even if the orokin started the war (like i think they did) the tenno were just soldiers and not responsible for the conflict, in fact it could be argued we were slaves forced to fight in it.

Then theres the whole maternal instincts of lotus which...I really dont know how I feel about that yet. We tenno have created and maintained our society. The lotus may be an ally but I dont feel like a "mother figure" suits her enigmatic nature and background

I suppose that Lotus may be looking to redeem herself as well. After taking countless orokin and tenno lives maybe shes trying to build something this time around.

It has nothing with the Tenno being innocent or not.

The Tenno were literally the only thing that could kill the Sentients, it was a decision of survival to kill them not just because the tenno slaughtered many of the sentients but the sheer fact that they could even KILL them to begin with is what scared them

I shall summon the great Morc0

I CALL UPON THE GREAT SPECULATOR
I CALL UPON THE GREAT LOREMASTER
I SUMMON MORC0!

sBleC7e.jpg

Honestly, I havent the faintest Idea. But i want to know more.
I NEED to know more.

What where the Lotus' motivations?

What are her plans for her awakening "Old Family"?

Will there be peace between Her and Tenshin?

I swear, every bite of lore leaves me with more questions than answers

we need a bat symbol for morec0

I am 99% sure that at some point during the Great War the Orokin Executors corrupted the Tenno with the neural sentry. The Lotus being aware of this freed them of the enslavement, and had a ready made army, angry and ready to turn on their masters. However, she must have not see eye to eye with the rest of the sentiments either, and didn't finish the job.

Rebecca said that the amnesia was a gift, but it might have also been to cover up what happened.

Another intriguing possibility is, what If there are Tenno that never left Tua?

I am 99% sure that at some point during the Great War the Orokin Executors corrupted the Tenno with the neural sentry. The Lotus being aware of this freed them of the enslavement, and had a ready made army, angry and ready to turn on their masters. However, she must have not see eye to eye with the rest of the sentiments either, and didn't finish the job.

Rebecca said that the amnesia was a gift, but it might have also been to cover up what happened.

Another intriguing possibility is, what If there are Tenno that never left Tua?

As far as we know the Tenno never went to Tau (except maybe in the Mag Prime entry)

Also when did Reb say the amnesia was a gift? By gift I assume it means forgetting the experimentation and PTSD from the war effort

As far as we know the Tenno never went to Tau (except maybe in the Mag Prime entry)

Also when did Reb say the amnesia was a gift? By gift I assume it means forgetting the experimentation and PTSD from the war effort

She did a raid, when it was still new, and mentioned it when the amnesia came up. I'll try to find it.

I shall summon the great Morc0 Warframe Lore, Warframe LoreHeebah Habba Heebah HabbaI CALL UPON THE GREAT SPECULATORWarframe Lore, Warframe LoreHeebah Habba Heebah HabbaI CALL UPON THE GREAT LOREMASTERWarframe Lore, Warframe LoreHeebah Habba Heebah HabbaI SUMMON MORC0! 

sBleC7e.jpg Honestly, I havent the faintest Idea. But i want to know more.I NEED to know more. What where the Lotus' motivations?What are her plans for her awakening "Old Family"?Will there be peace between Her and Tenshin? I swear, every bite of lore leaves me with more questions than answers

Tfw you spell Morec0 wrong

This is all 100% speculation as we really don't have anywhere near enough to for a reliable guess at to what DE intend but:

> Why did Natah not complete her final directive?

The Orokin created something that probably became the Sentients, They limited them and then fought them when they became self-aware. I would imagine that Natah saw much the same in us, an Orokin creation that didn't ask for the changes forced upon them, unaware of the cruelty of their creation.

> Why did the Lotus choose to become our universal protector and mother/matriarch?

I don't think the Sentients were/are inherently "evil", just very much opposed to the Orokin. Plenty (probably most) will view the rest of the, now diverse, humanity as much the same kind of being and want us eliminated but I see plenty of scope for accepting the majority of non-A****** humanity as equal to the new machine intelligences.

> Why did she send us into cryosleep?

Probably so we could forget all that she had told us about our origin. So we could wake up without the weight of the sins of our creation and our past actions against the enemies of the Orokin.

Is she part Tenno?

No. there is no reason to assume she is anything other than she has been revealed to be. A member of another species who does not believe in their goal there rest of her species currently share

> Are we part Sentient?

No, the Tenno and Warframes existed long before the events leading to the creation of the entities currently believed to be the Sentients. Probably not in full force, but the events of the RPC are almost certainly well before the Orokin Era. I'm of the opinion that the early few Tenno and Warframes from the events of the RPC were the Orokin's "Secret Police" and in may have assisted the creation of the Orokin Empire and that the statements of the Excalibur Prime Codex are embellishments of the truth for propaganda purposes.

Interesting point:

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5186.htm

Natah: to stretch out, spread out, extend, incline, bend

And of course "Lotus" is a plant symbolizing rebirth, or emergence from some other, undesired state.
Edited by SilentMobius