The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jat Kittag Is Single Handedly Ruining The Pvp Experience Right Now (Video Included)

Craig_1287

I want to try out the PvP since the changes in U17, but this one weapon is making it impossible to enjoy a legit round. In the video linked above, you can see clear cases of the extreme range the AOE stun has with the Jat Kittag. In my group shown in that video is a buddy who I just introduced to Warframe last week. This was his first experience with the PvP of Warframe. Had he not been with me, someone who has well over 1,000 hours logged into the game, to help guide him through the game, he said he would have just uninstalled the game. We're not looking into Warframe for the PvP side, we are there for the co-op, but with his experience with that weapon made him feel like there would be such an unbalanced feel to the game with such cheap tactics. I assured him that this was not the case in the co-op.

DE, I don't want to think about the number of new players experiencing this tactic for their first few hours of the game. Please, please get it fixed. Not sure how you do it, but something needs to be done. I suggest remove the weapon instantly and fix it while it's off the table. As for how to fix it, cut it's AOE range by 75% and also cut how effective the knockdown is. The repeated attacks, no matter how small the range goes to, will still allow this thing to stun-lock players.

Edited by TGxCraig1287

I use it myself, mainly because if you're not using it you'll end up getting majorly rekt, unless you get lucky. But the moment i started doing PvP and tried this weapon out i was like ''Yep...needs nerfing...'' what made DE think it was smart having this huge slam attack in PvP is beyond me. 

And then you have the Frost Snow Globe, which slows you down like crazy, also slightly broken, then comes the Opticor with the huge splash. There are so many things that go unnoticed by DE in terms of PvP that it baffles me.

It'll get nerfed, they've been great at balance, sometimes these things take a little longer than a week. There's literally no issue that I havent seen them address as of yet from the feedback forums (cept this). Give it some time, and bulletjump to avoid the jat, not strafe away.

P.S. The guys who abuse the gimmicks are typically the ones that lack enough skill to perform regularly in pvp, so take some solace in that.

Edited by Skaleek

There are so many things that go unnoticed by DE in terms of PvP that it baffles me.

Because it's hard. Balancing is a difficult thing to get right, especially when the PvP is an extension of a PvE game and uses weapons and abilities designed almost solely around PvE.

So, some things slip through the cracks, like this Jat Kittag thing, which likely has its days numbered.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I use it myself, mainly because if you're not using it you'll end up getting majorly rekt, unless you get lucky. But the moment i started doing PvP and tried this weapon out i was like ''Yep...needs nerfing...'' what made DE think it was smart having this huge slam attack in PvP is beyond me. 

And then you have the Frost Snow Globe, which slows you down like crazy, also slightly broken, then comes the Opticor with the huge splash. There are so many things that go unnoticed by DE in terms of PvP that it baffles me.

Using momentum you can rush through Frost's globe like it is not there, without any slowing. Using slide attacks you can counter Kittag's KD and shoot people, who got rooted by slam animation. It's all a matter of skill really.

The problem is that with every new update to Conclave there is always a new "mindless tactic" (as I call them because you don't need to be in the phylum Chordata to use it efficiently) ready to be exploited.

Which is why I firmly believe that if the warframes get an higher shields and HP and weapons lower damage these situations will hardly appear again. 

Even with the mod that prevents knockdown, the Kit Kittag frustrates me greatly. If you don't move right after you get back up (Seriously, you can't see them coming every time), they'll stomp you a second time for whatever health you have left. I want to love this game's possibly-amazing PVP, but some specific abilities and weapons just fun-police the Conclave.

Bonus points for Mag-pulling into Slam or combining with Nyx's Absorb + Singularity. You can't even get away. Easy-to-use abilities should not be that lethal to begin with.

Edited by IceColdas

If they nerf Kittag alone then people are going to move to the next best thing, the galatine.

Needless to say: PVP is broken in so many ways, its gonna take months to get it right.

The Problem with PVP is that alot of the weapons are unbalanced for it (for exp. Vectis Prime and Kittag). ALOT of them need nerfs and some just dont belong in PVP, Like the Jat Kittag, Vectis Prime, Daikyu, Boar Prime, Tigris and Various others.

The whole Conclave will need a thorough looking through and will need alot of weapons & mods Tweeked before they are considered "balanced" and the Jat Kittag is a very good place for DE to start.

didn't they make a mod to specifically to counter knockdown spam? or is that broken like the stagger one.

(I am for a nerf to knock down. it shouldn't affect players that are already in the air / behind walls.)

With the recent buffs and nerfs of weapons in Warframe. I would like to point out the almost overwhelmingly powerful Jatt Kittag.

It's Slam attack keeps the player mobile (i.e Hard to Aim),and does a considerable amount of damage.

So I for one, propose to decrease the overall damage done by the weapon and a significant reduce in the weapon's slam attack radius.This will prevent killing players mid air and groups of players in one shot.

I don't care much about the damage it does, but the ground slam radius...it's really annoying to get stunlocked when 2 jatt kittag spammers are fightning without you even being in the same room. And it even knocks you even while mid air and instakills when you get a bit closer.