The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Do You Farm Cores Now, Since Triton Got Nerfed Hard?

Monolake

Question

21 answers to this question

Triton is still a reliable place, for me anyways. All I do is do the first two rotation A's, and I book it to extract. Rinse and repeat. I get a crap ton of r5s. (In comparison to the tables and other mission types.)

1 hr playing it overall (4 or 5 runs and I dont know how many drills)  - only 10 R5 cores. Its a waste of time now (unless you want many powerthrows)  Keys are low tier ones too,  for example  http://i.imgur.com/zfRD2gV.jpg

It used to net about 1 core per 2 min on average.

Uranus AW intercept. Cores actually drop frequently in mission, and core packs are usually in the reward rotation between waves.

Do they give 5x core packs as rewards? how many on average, if you can tell? Could be the case that DE lowered cores chance in excavation to make people play boring archwing intercepts :/

Do they give 5x core packs as rewards? how many on average, if you can tell? Could be the case that DE lowered cores chance in excavation to make people play boring archwing intercepts :/

I find I usually get 5 rare packs once or twice per run. There are occaisional runs with none however, but more often than not, I score 5-10 per 4 waves, plus random core drops during the mission (AW Mod pool is much smaller than non-AW drop pool).

I find I usually get 5 rare packs once or twice per run. There are occaisional runs with none however, but more often than not, I score 5-10 per 4 waves, plus random core drops during the mission (AW Mod pool is much smaller than non-AW drop pool).

I recommend to run 2 rounds and extract. Faster than way, as rotation B rewards a single rare core at most.

I run DS survival on Uranus, Ceres, Pluto or Eris depending on which maps i feel like running.

I do 15 mins in each DS surv, get my cores, my void key, rinse repeat.

-The days of cores raining from the sky like the old times are gone though, so don't go expecting a miracle.

ceres DS surv 10 mins  3uncumon or 5rares ate 5mins and stay for the 10 mins for 5rares so normal is 8 or 10 cores per 10 mins
20k credits and nice xp i take nekros and tonkor so problem or do more 5 mins and get a key

Edited by venon23

32 cores this morning. I average 10-20 staying around 1600 excavation points and I play daily.

Otherwise its also alright if you play Ophelia on Uranus for decent r5 drops as well as chances for tellurium and rare bullet jump mods.

FptUGif.jpg

EDIT:

I just finished Triton a few minutes ago and I got 17 cores and it was 1600 cryo, fits with my typical runs. 10 being not so good and 20 being a pretty decent run. I will run another and post what I get in a little bit. 

Edited by Feardrown

Triton got nerfed? It sounds more like another cafe of bad RNG.

it sure does feel like it get nerfed. I  farmed 1,000+ cores for Primed mods there and I can tell you that place don't drop the cores it used to. I dont remember the last time I got more then 15 cores on around 2k cryotic. 

Edited by S0V3REiGN

it sure does feel like it get nerfed. I  farmed 1,000+ cores for Primed mods there and I can tell you that place don't drop the cores it used to. I dont remember the last time I got more then 15 cores on around 2k cryotic. 

And yet i have a completely different experience, and i've been maxing quite a few P. mods through this method mind you.

I wonder if some players understand what 25% chance on rotation A means.

For those that seem to be strugling, it means there is a 75% chance of you getting something else besides your precious cores.

That means 2000 cryotic will give you 10 chances at 25% each, so you should get around 2 or 3 stacks of 5 cores, sometimes you get more, sometimes you get less.

These so called 10 cores in 1 hour (time is irrelevant, thanks op for that useless detail) assuming they did 2000 cryotic, 10 cores seems to be just about right

Edited by KIREEKPSO