Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Slots Made The Game Worse (I Believe So)

7grims

I didn't really "cope" with them, I actually bought a bunch for plat. The grind is horrid for these things.

As for the slot itself, I think it's a great idea... in theory.

Because, in theory, the concept of Exilus-slots is that they can allow us to keep damage-boosting mods (our progression-mods) AND allow us to use utility mods (our "personalization"/QoL-boosting mods). That's why I love the concept... the problem though (as always), is the implementation.

Problem 1 - Variety

Like you said OP, we don't use many different Exilus mods. It's mainly the strongest ones, like Rush and Handspring.

Why so? Because it is just ONE slot.

Problem 2 - Cost / buildvariety

Since the mod still uses regular points from the regular modpoint-pool, it greatly reduces modding variety, since it requires more forma'ing than ever before.

Problem 3 - The grind

As OP mentions, the grind is quite ridiculous. 50k Simaris rep for ONE of these things? No thanks. At the very least, the grind for the recipes are not RNG based, thankfully. However, this is still the smallest issue to me. You CAN overcome this with persistance or platinum. Problem 1 and 2 however, you cannot.

That said, how would I solve all this?

Idea 1  + 2 - Multiple slots + Seperate modpoint-pool for Exilus-slots

If we had something like 2 or 3 Exilus slots by default (not just on Warframes, but Companions, Archwings and Weapons too) AND could unlock a 3rd/4th slot with the Simaris-item AND had a seperate modpoint-pool (30 points at rank 30, unaffected by Reactors/Catalysts) for all the Exilus-slots, I think a LOT of people would use far more of the utility-mods, also without the need to hyperspecialize with so much forma'ing.

Idea 3 - Reduce the grind a bit

If the blueprint was a reuseable one (could even be much more expensive then, like 125k), or at least way cheaper (20k each?), it wouldn't be such a big deal to grind for them.

Does it? 'Cause it seems like he spends hours upon hours grinding while a solution that is easily remedied by working at a mimimum wage job for ten minutes to a half hour exists. 

Look, this argument is as old as dirt so I'll get to the punchline; Not everything can be free in your free to play game, and why should it be? People are mad at DE because they spend time, effort, and expertise creating a game they want to play and then have the audacity to give them an option to spend money on it. Imagine if you went to work all day and then your boss gets mad at you because you aren't happy just doing it for free. That same logic applies. 

People can say pay2win all they want, but all I see is a bunch of free-loaders who are whining about, at mimimum, five dollars. You'll have to excuse me if I'm not bleeding sympathy for them. 

If you aren't willing to shell out any amount of money on the game because you don't think it's worth it, then don't play it. 

Yes, it does.

Once again, you shouldn't have to resort to spending money to save some of your sanity. This is coming from someone who like yourself has clearly spent money on the game. I'd say people are actually more annoyed that the alternative to spending money is through tedious and mundane tasks and there's been little-to-no change in this process over the years, despite the developers supposedly being aware of countless complaints about it. There's always a limit to something. An acceptable limit and I'd say a large portion of this community/game has hit this limit and it's been at it for a long time now. People don't like being ignored.

That said, people complaining doesn't make them 'whiners' and that certainly doesn't make them 'free loaders' either. I would've said it makes them people who wish to complain - and have every right to do so - and seemingly would rather spend their money, regardless of how earned, on something worthwhile. Heck, I even bought my first adapter via platinum and I'd likely do so again, but that doesn't mean I can't see where people are coming from in this area of complaint. By now we should all be reasonably aware of the problems I've mentioned above.

Edited by Naith

Yes, it does.

Once again, you shouldn't have to resort to spending money to save some of your sanity. T

save your sanity? It takes 1-2 missions to max your rep for the day and 3-4 days to get a slot. I dont see how its an intense grind when you have so many options to get the rep. You don't even need to scan if you join a mission with people hunting the simaris target.

You can sell a syndicate primary for at least 50p and just buy 2 of them.

save your sanity? It takes 1-2 missions to max your rep for the day and 3-4 days to get a slot. I dont see how its an intense grind when you have so many options to get the rep. You don't even need to scan if you join a mission with people hunting the simaris target.

You can sell a syndicate primary for at least 50p and just buy 2 of them.

It can be considered 'intense' - if you wish to class it as that - in a different way. Nor does it change it from being boring and tedious.

Edited by Naith

Efficient way? Buying with plat is extremely effective imo.

Or just scan Simaris Targets and not just random mooks - at MR 18 it just takes 5 scans of them to make the day complete done and you can then go on about your business.

Also, keep in mind the Exilus ISN'T something you HAVE to have. It's entire point is to give you a little more room for those mods that don't see use - the Antitoxins and Warm Coats of Warframe. It's NOT there because it HAS to be had.

I've built several exilus adapters for the frames I wanted. Now I have 2 extra adapters that I don't want to use because I either don't play a particular frame often or I don't have enough mod capacity to benefit from the exilus slot.

I own every frame except 3 primes.

Just out of curiosity- how do you suggest players earn exilus slots?

Wouldn't mind them being rewards in some sort of new objective/team based mission. Suppose styled like a raid but on a smaller scale. I'd personally just find it a bit more engaging.

-snip-

For me one of the bigest sins is still this:

We 50+ frame mods.

I don't know how many mods got the utility label, yet we only have 1 slot for all of them.

And we have 9 to 13 mandatory frame mods for 8 slots.

This makes no sense at all, were did DE think they were improving anything?

I see this stupidity of the exilus, equally bad as the serration problematic, and all the damage mods for weapons, that cut out on players choice.

Edited by 7grims

For me one of the bigest sins is still this:

We 50+ frame mods.

I don't know how many mods got the utility label, yet we only have 1 slot for all of them.

And we have 9 to 13 mandatory frame mods for 8 slots.

This makes no sense at all, were did DE think they were improving anything?

I see this stupidity of the exilus, equally bad as the serration problematic, and all the damage mods for weapons, that cut out on players choice.

Because its an optional slot for optional utility mods. Those mods are not like aura mods that can only be put on aura slots, they can be put on normal slots too. Exilus slot is optional like every other mod in the game. Its gives you 1 slot for utility mods if you already used up your normal ones for your so called "mandatory mods".

You can do the scanning to get the bp and such, or run other missions to get a mod(s) worth 20p, trade, and just buy the exilus slot.

Pluto is actually not the only place, either. You can go after the scanning target and get something like 3,000 rep per target. There are a couple ways to make this work without it seeming like a drag. Shoot, I've got over 60 transmutation cores from Simaris, now.

I'm also curious as to what constitutes "mandatory mods". Thinking some mods are necessary is what might drag the game down for some; ensnaring them in a sad circle of blah-dom.

oh, I love this... "U made da gaem worse with dis shiney new toy which I cannot haev rite nooww..."

Can you imagine people go up to Apple "Why did you bring 3 new Iphones..? now I have to work my arse off to get all three" or to Nike "why did your new line haz three new sneakers.. no way I'm gunna be able to buy them all yesterday.. UR SO EEVILLL"

The level of entitlement among the users of  this game is something that blows my mind every time again... (<- who the shoe fits..)

The slot didn't make anything worse, the method of acquisition is just trying. I recommend doing some trading and just buying them off the market 20p is pretty easy to make.

I disagree.

It opened a precedent, from now on its ok for DE to make stupid band-aid exilus slots.

It's ok for DE not to solve the serration problematic nor all mandatory damage mods.

It's all ok, because why solve or fix anything, when you can just spit an exilus slot, and give the people the false idea of modding choice.

And not to mention the crazy requirements all the exilus slots takes to obtain and make, compared to all the other crazy requirements for weapons people complain from time to time..

It's funny how ppl complain about grind and always being on the same map (draco/void), but since this is just scanning and a stupid exilus slots, no one sees or cares for the poor game design of it.

Edited by 7grims

I disagree.

It opened a precedent, from now on its ok for DE to make stupid band-aid exilus slots.

It's ok for DE not to solve the serration problematic nor all mandatory damage mods.

It's all ok, because why solve or fix anything, when you can just spit an exilus slot, and give the people the false idea of modding choice.

And not to mention the crazy requirements all the exilus slots takes to obtain and make, compared to all the other crazy requirements for weapons people complain from time to time..

It's funny how ppl complain about grind and always being on the same map (draco/void), but since this is just scanning and a stupid exilus slots, no one sees or cares for the poor game design of it.

I have to admit I have a hard time seeing how exilus slots are a band-aid. What's more, the precedent for band-aid was set long ago by weapon specific mods, then again by augments and syndicate weapon mods and by other little change over time. 

I understand there are issues with exilus slots, but personally I can't say I find them that bothersome.

Exilus slots are good..you're just poor. 20p per Adapter seems perfectly fine by me. 

I could very easily buy 100 or 200 exilus slots, I do have the plat and some more.

I'm offended with the fact, everyone as been folled by the fake improvement of this 1 slot.

It is a stupidity to think 1 slot gives freedom of choice or that it solves anything regarding the mandatory mods in comparison to the tons of frame mods out there, its just one slot.

This is pretty much the same as the flavor of the week, the multishot mod, only reworking that mod will not solve all the problems out there.

And maybe I would not complain so much if this wasn't attached to the freaking fail called scanning, one of the worse features DE as come up with.

Edited by 7grims