Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Electric Shield Change Since Hotfix 17.4.2

Ninjamander

edited post

you can check bellow for the old one

After reading some comment, they is some good and some bad thing after those change:

- hit-scan and weapon that go beyond 70m will probably benefice from this change, but honestly, at this point you are more then likely to have been moving around and cast another shield closer since is a very narrowed cone, unless you make a wall of shield.

- everything else will have a reduced range and will force volt to constantly use more shield as he need to move closer to the enemy.

all those current change making me wonder if the odonata/odonata prime Energy Shell will be affected like this.

Volt overload is probably one of the worst ability in warframe but everything else work extremely well, part of the reason why I would be scare of a rework on him. I still believe DE should have wait the change/compensation where fully done before changing his ability to this current state. I was thinking that the shield could follow him similar to the odonata/odonata prime Energy shell but in the same time, it might sound too much over power In the same time, if they do buff/rework overload, it might be warrant to change some of his current synergy.

TL-DR version

DE should have wait until his rework was ready before touching volt and leave him unfinished unless this feature was a bug share with the odanata/Odanata prime Energy shell.

Any change on volt could affect him greatly thanks to his great synergy between ability and would required a careful path for the rework.

Note for forum Mod/Admin:

They is no reason to close this thread, they is no harm done (yet?). The forum are made to have a discussion, provide feedback and criticism while remaining civil. Can you make a mega-thread if this subject is becoming big instead of just closing every thread about it? If the situation become too toxic for this and/or other thread about it, disregard this

old post :

source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/526883-hotfix-1742/?p=5903357

• Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP.
  •  

Seriously....they is 2 thing about it that make me mad.

first, why those change? You should have finish the rework and apply it instead of giving use a crippled version of the ability. Why leaving us with something unfinished?

second, Volt is very "squishy" on his own, someone who master Volt know well how much his shield is a life saver! This perk was not only good but essential on him since it allow volt to shoot those type of weapon from a safe distance and save volt from a certain dead on high level mission.

Those change will hurt him a lot's and make him less then welcome on higher level mission. just hope you did not remove this to make it a augmentation.... =/

Edited by Ninjamander

Personally I think DE should be buffing things. Not nerfing things.

well, I think the new sentinel weapon damage nerf was acceptable...except for the accuracy =/ Anyway, some people sing to de to nerf and I assume the incoming multishot nerf will be because of them (I could be wrong)

How in the name of Lotus is this a big deal? 

Are you ignoring the part you yourself quoted that says this:  Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP.

Because you want to start a hysteria thread? 

I play Volt Prime most of the time these days, and ES is my bread and butter, but I am totally calm about this. 

They said recently a Volt rework is coming. I am cautiously optimistic. I will give my feedback (which I did in a new thread I made) in how ES and Volt overall can be improved in the upcoming rework. 

But it is too early too complain imo. Instead, let's say what can be done to make Volt better, and complain if and when the changes don't meet our expectations... 

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer for them to just finish the whole rework package before changing things like that, but I know a rework is coming. I am ready to give my feedback, be patient, and wait to give my judgment until we see the final reworked product. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I usualy do support a lot of Nerfs that the DE sends out, makes the game more challenging for me....

Even the Vulkor Nerf I agree with, even thou, I have t say, my eyes were opened a bit that the accuracy was a bit too much.

But to the topic at hand, I have to say that this Nerf is the first one I really do think is a game-breaker. As the OP said, Volt is squishy enough as it is, and making a set distance (No matter how long it is)...is just a really a bad joke. I am sure the entire comunity hopes that this will be put back to the way it was, and as said, not made into an augment.

I don't see this being that big of a deal.

Is true it was not very noticeable with hitscan weapon, But if you use volt for a long time, his shield is a invaluable tool, and is shield post 17.4.2 help him to stay out of distance from the enemy with continuous weapon.

With this change, using continuous weapon will put volt in great risk (noticeable on high level) is a dead-wish on him.

*snip*

I admit I am looking forward his rework, but meanwhile they should not nerf him and just leave him on this current state.

You also mention you have volt prime, he got a significant buff armor rate wise compared to his regular version.

I also did not have any intention to cause a hysteria thread, I just feel this change is in-justify even if it will be change in the future. I will pm a mod to change the title and in the correct section.

Edited by Ninjamander

You have any idea what 70m is in-game? This really isn't such a big deal.

You are aware you can extend that range right? Cast a shield, add another one 30M farther, your total range will reach 100M.

edit: Forgot to mention that 70m make a difference. Mostly if you main volt for a long time.

Edited by Ninjamander

You are aware you can extend that range right? Cast a shield, add another one 30M farther, your total range will reach 100M.

edit: Forgot to mention that 70m make a difference. Mostly if you main volt for a long time.

You do realize most weapons have INFINITE range right? Even if continuous weapons like Synapse lose its range booster, this fix is still an improvement for the majority of weapons.

And what kind of tactic is that? you deploy a shield, run for 30m, deploy another shield, then return to your first shield for shooting range increase? You do realize that this will actually made your firing cone very limited because you have to fire into 2 shield separated by range at once? And now if you just use normal weapons, this won't even be a problem.

well, I think the new sentinel weapon damage nerf was acceptable...except for the accuracy =/ Anyway, some people sing to de to nerf and I assume the incoming multishot nerf will be because of them (I could be wrong)

even though sweeper prime was better even before the nerf? lol 

Like multishot, this was a 2 year old "bug" that was never addressed. Players are too used to it as a proper mechanic.

Whenever DE talks rework, I always think Ember and how badly she got destroyed. I've lost all faith in DE after that.

You could also consider how frost's recent rework improved him tremendously.

I hate his snow globe so much now

why? casting it multiple times in the same spot increases it's health, the higher your armor stat the more health they have, they have infinite duration, which is nice, and you can have up to 4 globes at a time. if you have a globe you dont want, just hit it with 1, and it goes away. whats not to like?

I move this to Warframe and Ability feedback.

Well, actually I think decreasing Electric Shield's effectiveness isn't too bad as long as we move it somewhere else. That skill is arguably the best 50 energy skill you can find : a invincible projectile blocker is already pretty strong, but you also get some insane critical damage boost and a stackable electric damage boost, no more falloff, and you used to get a huge range with continuous trigger weapons. Meanwhile, Overload is still considered as one of the worst 4th powers available.

I am a Volt main, actually I almost only play him. I love his versatility, I love the fact that he's all rounded, I also love the fact that I can mod him in a lot of ways (Volt can be extremely efficient with only 4 mods, leaving you a great room for alternative mods). But I think Volt could earn a lot by seeing the offensive bonuses of ES being retristributed to Overload and/or Speed. How about removing ES's damage boosts and putting it back in Overload as a team crit and firing speed boost ?

It freaking says in the patch notes that there will be some compensation for the removal of functionality.  

However, it is troubling that things are suddenly becoming bugs after years of functionality.  Is this what "Year of Quality" was actually supposed to mean?  Feels bad, man.

Edited by RealPandemonium