The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Your Reason For Not Using Kubrows?

_Rue_

- range limited to CQC, running towards 4 napalms or horde of infested is painful, don't do that.

This. I don't need a pet or ally that stands in enemy fire or runs right at a horde of infested that are buffed by an ancient. Much prefer a sentinel that has some utility and stays out of harm's way. So frustrating to revive a pet that just gets itself wrecked.

Because they are not carrier. Getting loot, ammo, mods and energy/health orbs picked up from a decent range is just so comfortable to play with.

Give us a bigger pickup range and change carriers abilities and I'll consider using every other sentinel or kubrow depending on the mission.

Because they are not carrier. Getting loot, ammo, mods and energy/health orbs picked up from a decent range is just so comfortable to play with.

Give us a bigger pickup range and change carriers abilities and I'll consider using every other sentinel or kubrow depending on the mission.

definitely a sentiment i share. If i don't have to worry about drops, i can focus on other things.

At MR 14, I've never touched Kubros. They get "sad" and up until recently would sometimes just die and be ejected out of the ship by ORDIS?!. That would $&@" me off to no that because my digipet died because real life et al...

And now my daughter has seen them and after months of grinding on her Daddy to get one and finding out about INCUBATOR: DELUXE EDITION! Now with moar KUBROW SURVIVABILITY! I'm going to have to try it....sigh. Off to grind Neurodes on Coba. Hopefully an infested doesn't get caught behind a wall and torment my squad for 10 minutes at wave 19 like last night...

Here my point of view

Carrier prime > anything else (maybe helios is nice to)

Why? Because like many players I'm lazy to go loot everything and making sure to get everything and If my sentinel die? nobody care he die , he can revive with the mod one time then he won't annoy anyone else

Kubrow? If he die because his AI make him go between all the elite / heavy ennemy he can make yourself or your team mate die , in the minimap (since the minimap is bugged for long time now) you can see his where he is dead , and even when he is dead it wont disseapear ,

wait your kubrow died? Then he won't like you , and you have to get DNA stabilizer...(and not talking about the waiting time when you don't get the right kubrow)

The AI problems folks refer to are few and far between as far as I'm concerned. People act like the things spend the whole time under stairs or in corners - when the reality is it happens quite rarely unless Scavenge is equipped. Considering the sheer amount of time I use them over everyone else I'm inclined to dismiss most folks issues as overreacting.

Certainly they need work but not enough for me to not consistently prefer Huras/Raksa over any Sentinel. There's nothing I can't handle with those 2 breeds and I notice their absence more than I miss picking up junk or taking pictures - or whatever it is Shades supposed to be doing?

Sentinels - like most everything popular in the game - are overrated because they take less effort. Simple as that. 90% of the content does not require the extra killing power (besidss they just miss most of the time) - and their utility is mostly gimicky crap besides Guardian (which Raksa does better anyway).

If I could get one that looked cool I would use it. It would also be nice to be able to buy more color and pattern choices with credits. I bought the color pack and two of the colors were basically the same exact thing with different names. It also doesn't help that kubrows will go down far more often than a sentinel.

"Too expensive" is definitely a casual response. So is "I need my drops".

If you are any kind of efficient in this game, cost of upkeep is nothing, with or without upgrade.

If you're good at playing, you shouldn't be running out of ammo, health and energy so often that you're crippled without vacuum.

My Huras is more valuable for advanced play. Deep into a survival, it reliably cloaks me if I get ambushed- making escape easy. It reliably cloaks me when I need to revive a teammate in the middle of a crapstorm.

If I dont use my kubrow, its simply because I want to switch it up and im really liking Diriga now. Carrier is one of my least used sentinels because at this point I just dont feel like I need his utility anymore. It is a casual's companion. I used him early on when i "needed" it, but 100s of hours later, he's meh. I'd rather have Heliosd highlight weak points for me or Sahasa actually creating drops when i need it.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Laughing at the casual "casual's companion" comment.

Regardless, I really do not like dogs... kubrows are okay but that's it (waiting for kavats (to be just as bad)).

Some kubrows have really good utility, but their terrible AI ruins  the whole experience most of the time, it's just  that bad.

Some are definitely more useful though, huras probably being the most reliable one thus far... or a fully modded combat dog for giggles.

Of course there are other negative elements, RNG being the most notorious.I was very lucky but I know how it actually is for most people.

Laughing at the casual "casual's companion" comment.

I'm not sure if i want to laugh at something so narrow minded. You'd think these people would respect how people want to play instead of throwing terms like casual without knowing how much people have invested in this game.

But yes it looks like it's mostly about the upkeep and AI. I'd say roughly 90% of the responses cite this.

Utility --  My sentinel has Sacrifice on it. While it does not actually get any use most of the time there are those times when it does come in handy.

Survivability  -- While one shots and that one area in the derelict that insta-kills sentinels I do find that in practice the little metal floating ball of love lasts for much longer than the larger ball of teeth and fur that is stuck in a doorway. Between pathing issues and being a much bigger target for enemy AI to shoot coupled with having to spend precious time to rez them if they go down my sentinel beats my kubrows in terms of survival in an actual game. On paper, yea, the kubrow can take sustained shots to the body and face for much longer than my sentinel.

The only reason why I ever use my Kubrow is for its looks. 'Scaring' newer players is fun and watching as my Chesa runs after me with mods and such in its mouth is just too darn cute!!!

Once you get past the cuteness and fun aspects.....well...

It is a casual's companion.

He is right. Diriga was the type of sentinel i was waiting for to start putting Carrier on the side. Because Kubrows AI atm ain't effective enough to keep up with their skills wich are not bad. I love the cloack thing Huras does, And i love the digging skill and the Howl skill of their respective Kubrow races. I always take a Howling Kubrow or the digger with me when I play valkyr needless to say why. Easy revives with the howl without having to use her 4th all the time. And free healing and energy for me and my Kubrow with the digger.

Edited by Mr.Pava

I have all Kubrows but one in stasis. I regularly use him for the following reasons: it was my first kubrow, i named him after my first real life dog, and it happened to be a raksa, so it was a combination that hit the heart. Also its my go to companion when i want to use something other than the sweeper prime (because of mod conflicts and all that crap).

Other than those particular reasons i choose to use carrier over the dogs due to his mega utility.

Pack Tactics or not, even if i wanted to use a Kubrow, I can't because I usually have one hatching or incubating while my other Kubrows are frozen and useless. I'll be doing this VERY often until i get an OMGA Chesa. Might even take forever if i want a Gold Omega Chesa.

This is the same reason I have for not using a Kubrow. I'm not strictly seraching for Chesa: I'm trying to get a specific aesthetic for my Kubrow to use and I've been 3 days at it waiting for my power core and rushing the egg incubations with no such luck ;(

Not even the kubrow template chips help

"Too expensive" is definitely a casual response. So is "I need my drops".

That's funny...

Because I have more time in the game than you do...

A higher MR...

A higher completion rate...

...And I'm good for saying both of those things because the game has no active narrative.

If that makes me a "casual" what does it make you?

A scrub?

A n00b?

Given what you say and what you've done, it would appear that a "casual" is what you are aspiring to.

If you are any kind of efficient in this game, cost of upkeep is nothing, with or without upgrade.

If you're good at playing, you shouldn't be running out of ammo, health and energy so often that you're crippled without vacuum.

You are missing the point...

No one is saying they are crippled without vacuum... They are saying that it keeps them from having to fiddle with running around for drops or losing them to tileset glitches.

It has unmatched general utility...

My Huras is more valuable for advanced play. Deep into a survival, it reliably cloaks me if I get ambushed- making escape easy. It reliably cloaks me when I need to revive a teammate in the middle of a crapstorm.

If I dont use my kubrow, its simply because I want to switch it up and im really liking Diriga now. Carrier is one of my least used sentinels because at this point I just dont feel like I need his utility anymore. It is a casual's companion. I used him early on when i "needed" it, but 100s of hours later, he's meh. I'd rather have Heliosd highlight weak points for me or Sahasa actually creating drops when i need it.

So what you are saying is that you can exercise a choice, but that others should be derided for doing the same thing?

So your choice is the only right one for everybody?

Can you see how silly that sounds?

So stop with the casual bashing nonsense...

If every casual player decided to uninstall this game tomorrow, you'd have a dead feeling game and a company with dead revenue accrual.

The same folks everyone is looking for money from (casual players are the ones that make games profitable) are the exact same folks this game insults constantly.

Half of the ''problems'' people have with kubrows are easily fixable

-the upkeep is super cheap (1 unit per 4 days/8 days if upgraded incubator)

- Kubrow A.I cant be compared to sentinel which has AI simpler than a stone (its a floating gun that has only to aim and on carrier vacuum is turned on from the spawn)

-Kubrows getting under the map is not an kubrow problem that is a map problem enemies can spawn inside the map as well or get sucked into the ground for some reason..

But in the end both things have their problems Sentinel (which only carrier and diriga maybe wyrm prime are useable) are for the casual rhino+boltor play what you see in every game you join.

And then dogs are for those who don't need a space vacuum cleaner.

Nah that would go hand to hand with multishot nerf

If you nerf one thing why not nerf them all at once

Soon sentinels will have ammo and they can run out of it as well.

İt is not 1 unit per 4 Day it is 1 unit for 2 days

Simple for me really

1. They are dumber then an empty bag of potatoes most of the time

2. Vacuum 

3. They have the combined aim of a blind man. With all the perfect aim enemies had kubrows will miss if the enemy so much as steps 1 space to the left. So even when doing well they still have horrrrrrible aim and considering it's melee and the long animation of lunge and jump back makes it worse.

4. Vacuum

and last but certainly not least.......sweeper~