Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Against Jedi

Baskakov_Dima

I am not that specific so you have a chance to think a bit more. Makes me sad that you didn't use it. :)

About Grineer or Corpus fighting Droids or Corpus I would mean a standard army setups that we see in Warframe or in the movies/canon games respectively.

I think, Tenno will get the guns, but remember that Jedi can bring a blaster.

Wow, can't you? SOrry, but not only can jedi block it, they can deflect it in your face. :) While Tenno can only block it.

Why do you think so?

I've seen them blocking slow moving laser blasts that even I could possibly dodge but 200 bullets with no travel time? Swiss cheese Jedi.

Average Tenno vs average EU Jedi/ Sith probably a win for Tenno. We haven't seen top tier Tenno yet but top tier EU Jedi/ Sith can crush star fleets and exterminate lives on planet.

Well if the player isn't a top tier tenno. I imagine the top tier tennos not being able to accomplish anything near the level of top tier Jedi/Sith as warframe takes place in one solar system instead of a galaxy and having entities that destroy planets/star fleets with a flick of the wrist would lead to a dead solar system really fast. Really it's up to the authors whim on who beats who, which why I don't really care in general.

Surprise attack? Probably either would win if they caught the other off guard. Lightsabers cut through almost anything and a single blast from a well-modded Hek can instakill heavily Armored mini gunners. Against a dude in a robe there'd probably be nothing left but a fine red mist.

Straight-up fight? Probably Tenno, unless the Jedi is really, really good at using the force offensively.

It would be difficult to decide. On one hand, you have those weak named Jedi characters and Sith that die in one episode, like al those Jedi in Geonosis. On the other hand, you have the spawn of someone wanting to one-up the other Jedi/Sith creations, such as the all-famous Marek (I mean, I am starting to think the creator was having a power fantasy high when creating that character.). 

In the end, just stuff and limbs flying everywhere on a dusty battlefield. 

Asking this question on a Warframe website... You should fully expect the answers that will appear.

Imo it depends on what we reference, if we do games (eg: Force unleashed vs Excalibur) then Warframe would decimate with its min-maxing mod system, any frame would be a Jedi hands down

Basically if it includes the mod system then Warframe instawins

Edited by _Fracture8

Considering that the Tenno have the ability to literally warp and bend reality, slow time to a near standstill with a stomp, become invincible, shrug off bullets and lasers, shoot in any direction at the speed of light, etc etc, and are generally just 'space divinities' as Steve put it, I think the answer is quite obvious. I don't think even EU Luke who was basically god could do it, and I loved EU Luke.

Also the prequels sucked and those jedi were idiots, they'd get S#&$ on. Though I blame that more on Lucas's terrible scripts for those movies.

A difficult choice indeed, i don't want to pick sides, but i'll tell all the pros & cons i can think of.

Tenno:

Pros: Special powers, weapon variety, average movility compared to jedi (of you know star wars, then you know why i say average, i'll explain it on jedi pros anyway), capable from moving between dimensions to disarming opponents.

Cons: Undeveloped technology compared to star wars (even the corpus aren't advanced enough), completely vulnerable to the force since that is something they could never predict (don't say "they can! Jedi have to move their hands asdadass!")

Jedi:

Pros: They have the Force, which allows the to become "invisible" by hiding their presences from whoever thry want, jedi súper speed, jedi súper jump, move stuff and throw it to adversaries, mine control, deflect bullets with the force, lightsabers

Cons: Almost null armor, aren't aware of Tenno powers, they don't have carrier, they are almost defenseless without lightsabers

As said before, it much depende on who fights who, and if you could add with, because of so.... Darth Vader, nuff said. (i mean, he force chokes the hell out of any Tenno)

Edit: Added jedi cons and final text. I submited earlier for accident >.<

Edited by ElGuirrix

Yeah, Jedi strength can vary pretty wildly depending on who you're talking about.  Some of the stronger EU Force Users were pretty broken.  Your average Tenno is going to be much stronger than an average Jedi but nowhere near the top-tier EU guys.  Movie versions of Jedi get pooped on with little trouble.  

Edited by Xero_Kaiser

Also,lightsaber can deflect blasters yes, but some of the weapons in warframe arent even blasters or plasma. What if the bullets have enough velocity to pass through the light saber before it completely melts and still hits the Jedi (considering lightsaber are plasma?) The weapon and power varieties may be quite a challenge for the jedi

With the whole "sense things before they happen" thing Jedi have a bit more in their favor, but as others have pointed out they are FAR more vulnerable than a Tenno in a Warframe. Also while Tenno have force powers they're more inclined to use them for defense, which puts them at something more of a disadvantage to the "wreck everything" Tenno.

So I DO think I have to give this to the Tenno. Even if a Jedi could outmatch them in weaponry - deflecting bullets and blocking swords - the Tenno are inherently more agile and swift. What the fight would come down to is if seeing if the Jedi could kill the Tenno before said Tenno could charge up enough energy to use one of his world-shattering powers, and because of its mobility I say the Tenno wins this.

yes because jedi cant block bullets.... wait oh yes they can :P

But Mesa never misses her target, and her target is the Jedi, not their lightsaber.

And if they do manage to paradoxically block Peacemaker Bullets and send them back to Mesa(that's what Jedi do when the block things I've noticed, they send it back to its source), chances are that Shatter Shield will be up and send it right back. It would be an exponential game of high velocity Pong... with deadly bullets instead of a white square... and Mesa's paddle just completely fills her goal, preventing any hits.

Eventually the Jedi would take a bullet, even they can't block an exponentially increasing number of projectiles.