Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Against Jedi

Baskakov_Dima

Ahem, Ember set Jedi on fire, Rhino stomps, Banshee topples them on their asses, insert other warframe/power here.

Best part: Nyx mind control, then makes Jedi hop off the nearest cliff or cut his own head off. 

Jedi might swing a light saber and deflect bullets vs Tenno powers they can do little.

Where does this idea come from that the Jedi's can block bullets? As far as I know (I'm a fan, not a superfan) there are no bullets in the films, every weapon fires lasers which are depicted as large, brightly coloured, relatively slow moving projectiles.

Jedi's are highly gifted fighters, they are not matrix dudes on speed. I've seen nothing to suggest that if someone were to walk up to a Jedi with a handgun and shoot them in the chest they would have any chance of blocking it.

I'd say it's 50/50.

Both sides are pretty OP, experienced in fighting against both heavy odds and powerful duel oponents. Have a set of powers a.k.k. jokers in their sleeves.

Warframes are restricted to using their powers as what they are, jedi can use the Force in many ways.

Tenno are experienced in both melee fighting AND fire arms.

Jedi are melee only excluding force.

Tenno are basically space ninjas, tus they prefer stealth and hiding in shadows.

Jedi are basically space samurai and fight only face to face.

Excalibur has a lightsaber of his own.

After looking at it closer i'd say 60/40 in favor of Tenno. But jedi is still a very powerful foe and should not be underestimated.

Lightsaber, meet the Exalted Blade :'D

I think it would depend on how hard the narrative would bloat Tenno powers. I mean, MR20 is like only relatively Jedi Knight level on the ranking scale. How many weapons/martial art does a Tenno have to master, what feats he/she could before being recognized as a Silver Tiger(which isn't even the top of what is comparative to Knight in rank)?

Basically, unless we're talking about really gifted Force users I really don't see Jedi walking away after a duel against a Tenno of relatively similar rank.

If you want to think logically, a lot of Jedi actually can't match to Mag's level (Considering that Mag's one of the frail frames, that's really something). Mag is the embodiment of gravitational force. If not for in-game limits, Mag's canon powers would floor Jedi and Sith alike. This goes for other Warframes too, like Excal "Exalted Blade" libur, Miss "Blow Up Your Molecules" Nova, "Imma Firin Mah Lazor" Mirage, and more.

And, lightsabers may block projectiles, but they can only block several at a time. Bursts like shotgun pellets will be their worst nightmare.

Lightsaber, meet the Exalted Blade :'D

I think it would depend on how hard the narrative would bloat Tenno powers. I mean, MR20 is like only relatively Jedi Knight level on the ranking scale. How many weapons/martial art does a Tenno have to master, what feats he/she could before being recognized as a Silver Tiger(which isn't even the top of what is comparative to Knight in rank)?

Basically, unless we're talking about really gifted Force users I really don't see Jedi walking away after a duel against a Tenno of relatively similar rank.

Jedi need to go through trials to test their worth

Tenno need to go through Draco

Vast difference.

Very difficult to quantify. We have a really sound understanding of what a Tenno can do, but because the Jedi have multiple authors their power levels change dramatically in accordance to the whims and plot devices of the author. 

If we're going strictly from the films, the Tenno probably have an edge against the Jedi/Sith, but the most powerful ones (Luke, Vader, the Emperor) would likely be able to hold their own quite well.

If we're judging it from books/video-games the Jedi can do absolutely ridiculous things like end all life on a planet, or take control of massive space ships and fly them into things. Tenno destruction doesn't have nearly the same amount of reach.  

Edited by Acos

im by no means a star wars nut, and looking at the basics of everything, i'd say theres a better chance tenno would win.

now people keep talking about light sabers deflecting bullets, that's only a partial truth. as some of us know, most weapons in the star wars universe are laser or plasma based weaponry which, is basically being deflected by a plasma blade. this makes sense but when it comes to the arsenal of a tenno, this hold little to no ground. now when i say "arsenal of a tenno" i mean tenno weaponry specifically, this is NOT INCLUDING weapons from either the grineer, infested or corpus. now as well all likely know, tenno weapons were designed to fight sentients which means good ol' solid projectiles. so in effect light sabers would likely burn up the projectiles entirely without the ability to deflect them back. Mesa's peacemakers and any projectiles charged by ballistic battery on the other hand would likely penetrate a light saber due to the "screw your laws of the universe" nature of void energies.

as to jedi mind control, im going to have to call BS on this being actually usable in a stressful combat situation as the average jedi can only really use it towards suggestion and maybe getting an enemy to open fire on one of their allies, but not for sustained periods like some people are likely suggesting. on the converse side of this arguement, Nyx has a more combat practial version of mind control but we also cannot forget its maximum possible duration is 84.6 seconds and at no more than 20 meters from the target.

other than that, i'd say jedi have about roughly the same level of maneuverability as most tenno but you also have to consider tenno usually operate in 4 unit squads while jedi often seem to fight battles in numbers ranging from solo to maybe 4? so the likelihood that a fight between tenno and jedi would already be heavily in the favor of tenno just by the sake of bodies.

now looking over to armor and shielding... we see its stacked in warframe's favor as unlike jedi who usually wear simple clothing or robes while warframes are well... full body frames designed to protect the wearer from a wide variety of.... environments... or lack thereof. namely fights inside of spaceships or orbital satellites could easily prove fatal for jedi while tenno shrug off being in space to minor damage to heal and shielding unless either picked up by their liset, or using their archwing which has built in life support systems. and on the terms of archwings, they could easily beat most small ships in one on one combat.

and finally over on weapons, its a bit of a stalemate really... since like i said about the whole projectile blocking bit, they can mostly block shots from tenno weapons, corpus weapons would be about as good as weapons in the star wars universe, while grineer weapons would likely also be about even. i could see the torid giving the jedi alot of trouble if not being their worst nightmare due to how it fires projectiles that exude poisonous gas clouds that can also be modded into corrosive gas clouds, but it would see its best use not being shot directly at a jedi. the only really standout weapons from the warframe catalog aside the torid are: shotguns(all of them), quanta for it's explosive cubes (for the suprise factor), amprex for LIGHTNING, Glaxion for freezy goodness, opticor for being a large concentrated laser blast, ignis (hard to block a cone of fire with a blade) and Phage for laser tentacle action. most of these would work on jedi i think due to most of them being weapons that cant easily be blocked or otherwise parried by a sword (even though tenno can do it, but tenno void logic D:) except for glaxion which i think could either be used to freeze jedi in place or possibly cause a steam explosion when the air around the light saber is suddenly cooled by the glaxion beam.

and now i think i should stop writing things and possibly get some sleep.

Edited by koopagon

Tenno would massacre jedi from the movies.

Jedi from the video games may provide more of a challenge.

I just cant see Darth Vader avoiding a blade in the back from a teleporting Ash. How would Jedi block Excals exalted waves? Their robes won't provide any protection from spontaneously combusting when going up against Ember.

In the end, it all depends on what the writer wants to accomplish though. A writer could easily come up with a jedi counter for anything a Tenno could throw at them and vice versa.

Will simply be Forced Pushed back at the Tenno. Gameplay and story segregation please.

The Opticor on the other hand...

buuuut you can actually trick the Jedi by simply waiting for him to come in range, use the Tonkor below your feet, rocket jumping while the explosion kills the Jedi and afaik Jedi have no way to survive an explosion point blank.

Tenno have the better weaponry. Jedi have afaik only been capable of deflecting and returning lasers not bullets. Bullets which in the Warframe universe are instant travel whilst lasers much like in the SW universe have travel time. So yes they'd have difficulty fighting against a Soma or heck, even a MK-1 Braton

Well considering the arsenals on each side some warframe may get rekt by jedi while other warframes will rek masses of jedi.

weapons wise:

Light sabers cut well but can't cut through energy shields: IG-88 energy shield is impenetrable to light sabers for example and Tenno have very advance Energy shield technology considering the amount of dmg they can mitigate and the fact that they can keep it up at all times without fear of running out of batteries and they also recharge quite fast after being damaged.

Also there are like 10 materials resistant to lightsabers ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Lightsaber-resistant_materials ) dunno if any of the are in the tenno universe.

Jedi can use the force: well idk if there is any correlation between the Force and tenno powers(many theories regarding the later) some presumtion would make the tenno powers superior to the Force other makes it equal.

I know a lot of you guys out there are long time fans of the series Star Wars but but considering the way the warframe universe is being build and the elements it has in it I would go for a victory of the tenno, but will concede that in certain cases the jedi has the upper hand to certain warframes such as maybe valkyr.

This is close to asking who would win a battle between Superman and Goku?

Goku is not indestructible still his powers seem to grow exponentially so you don't know what his real platou would be. Superman on the other hand was poorly made in this reguards he comes labled as "indistructable" out of the box, both have died (one time or more) both have unimaginable strength and weaknesses but there are things you can't really compare.

For example could superman withstand an energy attack from Goku doesn't matter how strong the attack is rather the nature of the attack will it physically cause damage or will it affect superman in any way?

Also Could goku harden his body with chi energy or create a chi barrier in such a way that he could become impervious to superman lasers sight or ice breath?

Could it even negate the full physical force of one of superman attacks?

In this case although the scale of their actual powers presented in their lore universe favors superman pre Crisis but I find the idea of Godlike out of the box to be totally gay and will go with Goku that had to actually work and sweet for every inch in his power graph.

In the same  line of consideration I dunno how much a tenno has to train for full power potential control and mastery. I know Jedis need to train but some less then other due to natural affinity towards the force.

I just hope that the one that had to work more to develop his/her abilities win.

I would say we are pretty even, but some Warframes will centianly have an edge compared to others.

We dont know if the materials resistent to lightsaber are comparable to the Warframe's universe, so the only blade I see going toe-to-toe with a lightsaber is Exalted Blade or maybe if we were channeling.

This is close to asking who would win a battle between Superman and Goku?

Goku is not indestructible still his powers seem to grow exponentially so you don't know what his real platou would be. Superman on the other hand was poorly made in this reguards he comes labled as "indistructable" out of the box, both have died (one time or more) both have unimaginable strength and weaknesses but there are things you can't really compare.

For example could superman withstand an energy attack from Goku doesn't matter how strong the attack is rather the nature of the attack will it physically cause damage or will it affect superman in any way?

Also Could goku harden his body with chi energy or create a chi barrier in such a way that he could become impervious to superman lasers sight or ice breath?

Could it even negate the full physical force of one of superman attacks?

In this case although the scale of their actual powers presented in their lore universe favors superman pre Crisis but I find the idea of Godlike out of the box to be totally gay and will go with Goku that had to actually work and sweet for every inch in his power graph.

Let me introduce you to a great Youtube Series:

Dont care for the results, the battles are awesome.