Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Restrictions/ Community Needs To Stop Complaining

Sir.X

Yes I said it, you may complain as much as you want but seriously this is way too much.

About this Mastery Rank rework:

I would like to propose that Mastery Rank restrict missions that you can play. It currently doesn't make sense that people with Mk1 weapons and lvl 3 frames can get taxi's to high level missions JUST to get xp and such by doing NOTHING.

1. Should restrict weapons by how they are acquired/how powerful they are (goodbye MR2 with boltor soma primes and op guns)

2. Maybe restrict Void and planet missions

3. Rewards should be given when achieving higher Ranks, as to give an incentive to get into higher ranks

As for YOU community:

I believe since Nova Prime came out then that's when people began to wonder why DE does what they do and why they don't listen to us. However, since the recent talks about reworks,buffs,removals, ETC, a LOT of threads have come up about how DE is worried about this and not about what THAT person wants to have buffed/reworked. NOW its on to the point that so many threads have come up with people complaining that DE is going to ruin the game, and that they never listen to us along with coming up with excuses and *bflargh*.

Not only does DE look through the forums to find the most interesting ideas/suggestions, but the things they discussed haven't even happened yet, and people are complaining way too much about something that HASN'T HAPPENED YET.

TL:DR:

I hope Mastery Rank not only limits weapons but missions as well, and the community really needs to stop complaining about things that haven't even happened, and just wait and see. THEN you can complain, but not this much.

Thanks.

I can agree with that, however, I believe that the missions MR restrictions should require as little grinding as possible. It would be far too offputting to have to be required to max out a new weapon for every planet.

Maybe have taxiing locked until at least one node on that planet is completed would work? 

Any low/mid planet that gives a rare/required resource should not be MR gated under any circumstances. Cause plastids; i've lost count how many people i've taxied to saturn for it, and if i recount correctly it was the only place i needed taxi for when i was lower MR. Locking high level planets might have the effect of those 254 nodes actually seeing some activity, which is good imo. But then again, rank up stuff till you can taste more variety in missions ? Not my cup of tea.

Even if Planets and Void get some MR restrictions they should be really minimal. Just from my experience, I was able to complete 30-40 minutes of T4 Survival at MR6 without using any Prime weapons and stuff. Although I should note it was before Corrupted Nulifiers and Bombards were implemented, but still.

So I think it shouldn't exceed like MR4 requirement for top planets and Void. Also keep in mind that you need to be able to get to Void to build new warframes, since it's the only place you can get Control Modules, so T1 (and possibly T2) should be unlocked for all ranks.

I don't really support the idea of locking missions behind MR ranks and I'm not entirely against it either, but if it's done, it should be minimal requirements.

Missions gated by MR no, equipment gated by MR, yes.

People should feel and get rewarded by playing their frames well, hence why gated missions are bad BUT in order to advance there must be some incentive to make people aspire to unlock stuff, hence why gated toys are good! 

1. Should restrict weapons by how they are acquired/how powerful they are (goodbye MR2 with boltor soma primes and op guns)

2. Maybe restrict Void and planet missions

3. Rewards should be given when achieving higher Ranks, as to give an incentive to get into higher ranks

The funny thing is that #1 is EXACTLY what was spoken about in the last Devstream. They're already working on making this a reality.

As far as #3 goes, they've already said they wanted to do something along those lines in the past but atm there's really nothing. TECHNICALLY you get more trades per day and a higher rep cap by ranking up but that only can do so much. (I THINK you get more loadout slots too, but it's also 100% possible that this is only for ranking up with Conclave and that my brain is mixing PvP and PvE loadouts for some reason). It'd be nice if we got a Potato or some Slots every rank (maybe alternate - Blue Potato, Gold Potato, Warframe Slot, Weapon Slots, Sentinel slots for Ranks 1-5).

I think the only way to do #2 would be to prevent taxis to planets for which a player has not yet received a navigation module. This shows a semblance of progress that can't be overwritten. Voids kind of inherently lock themselves off from new players by virtue of "people won't want to bring a MR 2 to a T4 mission unless it's a friend or clanmate or both."

Edited by Samoth95

I proposed this long ago, exact same things (MR requirement for planets and void, same for op weapons)

It makes no sense that one of the most op weapons can be aquired at mr2

and some other not-so-good weapons are locked at MR7

same goes for a MR0 going to pluto

back when Cerberus-Pluto was today's Draco, it made me rage everytime i saw a very low MR player, a fresh new player, being powerleveled by their clan mates.

This, believe it or not, does not benefit the game, new players just get bored.

I remember when i first started to play this game i took my sweet time to finish all nodes, and i actually enjoyed.

Maybe not so much missions but per planet I would rather instead of a mr lock that it would just unlocked by getting to and beating the boss like the old star chart [i loved it actually felt like I was progressing over what it is now [even if we could still get skipped around]

As far as #3 goes, they've already said they wanted to do something along those lines in the past but atm there's really nothing. TECHNICALLY you get more trades per day and a higher rep cap by ranking up but that only can do so much. (I THINK you get more loadout slots too, but it's also 100% possible that this is only for ranking up with Conclave and that my brain is mixing PvP and PvE loadouts for some reason). It'd be nice if we got a Potato or some Slots every rank (maybe alternate - Blue Potato, Gold Potato, Warframe Slot, Weapon Slots, Sentinel slots for Ranks 1-5).

You get a new loadout every even mastery rank i.e. 2 4 6 8 etc...

I decided to take a look at the starchart to look at the starchart to find some answers to something that was plaguing me.

In order to build your very first warframe (whether it be rhino from jackal or mag from sergent), you are required to unlock jupiter and saturn for neural sensors and plastid respectively. Interestingly those planets are unlocked once you beat those bosses.

Why do i say this is interesting? Because you would have unlocked half the starchart in order to build your first frame legitimately.

Restricting MR on starchart sounds extremely harsh considering the effort it requires just to build your first frame. If it is imposed, the MR can't be ridiculously high, otherwise it would just discourage people playing.

If I had been restricted to Venus and below due to mastery rank, I can tell you right now I would not have almost 2,000 hours game time.

PnWJdp9.png

Totally not addicted.

Mind you I unlocked most nodes myself, back when the star map made sense.

Edited by Aoden