The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Time To Stop Having Rare Event Mods That Sell For Upwards Of 500 Platinum.

Fomiru

"Fair" is such a subjective term.

To the OP, $30 is not a "fair" price for a mod.

To the guy buying the mod for $30, it's a "fair" price.

Fair in this circumstance would mean people who were not lucky enough to be around to complete the event mods, could get it without wasting more money/time than those who were lucky enough to be playing at the time the event happened. The original guy who got it and sold it basically made 30$ worth of plat from the one who couldn't have any other way of getting it. Even if the price it's sold for is lower it's still objectively unfair as the original person who got it just did some missions in game, while the player who couldn't do that has no other way of getting it. Meanwhile DE is benefitting from this sleezy behavior.

If there was an alternative way to get these mods, it'd still not be fair, but those who aren't lucky enough would still have a way to get something they want to improve their playing experience. Which is somewhat exceptable since they have more options open to them that may be equal in difficulty/time spent to do as the events that have passed (possibly being fair if implimented properly).

They could have a "Past Event" item you could craft (with a reusable blueprint) that would allow replaying an event once so newer players could have a way, albeit more resource consuming, of getting the mods. They would still be worth something, but players who aren't willing trade a higher mount of platinum (than all other equally powerful, yet mechanically different mods) won't be cut off from getting the event mods.

Edited by Vougue

I only have one response to this thread.

Can someone please tell me, how the flying F*** does everyone and their mother seem to be getting 75% off, but I have NEVER, not in 3 whole @(*()$ years, ever even seen 50% off? How? HOW? You all say plat is cheap, but it isn't, it really ISN'T, for players like me.

And before you say, "Just don't log in for a day" - been there done that. Been doing it since I learned of it. Do I just have the worst @(*()$ luck in this game or what? What is it that enables seemingly EVERYONE ELSE to get a 75% off but me and probably a handful of other players who've been handed piles of S#&$ over and over and over again from login rewards can't seem to? 

Edited by Jadey

That's RNG, and there are much more incentives to do an event other than just the rare powerful mods.

Such as, the badge, the competition on the leaderboards. And the fun you can have with your friends. It's something different, too.

Let's get real here - the badge - is an extra - an after dinner mint essentially. The competition and leaderboards? Are constantly broken and only hardcore exploiters give a damn about them for events anyway.

So you're basically removing the main reason for doing an event - the rewards - just because you can't accept waiting for it to come around again?

No one is forcing you to hand over that kind of money for a mod - anyone who does is an idiot - all there is to it. So take a breath and find some way to be patient - it's actually quite easy when you get the hang of it.

I like how people instantly lash out to any quality of life changes that could cost DE even the slightest profit.

Please elaborate on how removing REWARDS from events has anything to do with QoL or making DE profit.

DE doesn't sell power for money - players trade power for money - that's a key difference. Especially when it has very little to do with power and much, much more to do with a lack of patience and a bizarre desire to have everything.

And what in the hell does the train wreck currently known as Firefall have to do with any of this at all?!

DE does not dictate the market prices. Players do.

True, but that doesn't mean that they don't have more influence on it than anyone else. The fact that those mods are so expensive mostly comes from their rarity and exclusivity. Both of those are things DE decide on.

Let's get real here - the badge - is an extra - an after dinner mint essentially. The competition and leaderboards? Are constantly broken and only hardcore exploiters give a damn about them for events anyway.

So you're basically removing the main reason for doing an event - the rewards - just because you can't accept waiting for it to come around again?

No one is forcing you to hand over that kind of money for a mod - anyone who does is an idiot - all there is to it. So take a breath and find some way to be patient - it's actually quite easy when you get the hang of it.

Lol +1 for analogies

These mods should remain exclusive for a certain amount of time, half a year at most in my eyes. After that, they should become a permanently available part of the game

This right here is what I would like to see. Events should award something special, but players not being able to use status builds because they weren't here for the events (just an example) really puts people off.

This right here is what I would like to see. Events should award something special, but players not being able to use status builds because they weren't here for the events (just an example) really puts people off.

Spy 2.0. 

As for IPS

120% dmg vs 90% dmg for IPS isn't that big of a deal if the user can't aim for nuts.

But hey, miss the 120% dmg one? Pray for Primed version from Kiteer that gives 200~%

It's time to put these into the game, because not only is this absolutely ludicrous for a minor upgrade, but I think events should be a fun thing.  Not a, You are required to do this to be able to function at a higher level than most players.

But...You aren't.   The IPS mods are barely worth using on only a handful of weapons, and Primed Chamber only works on a single weapon...and won't save that weapon from being quite impractical (if fun), and there is no melee weapon that fails to work if you don't have an event-related stance.  The only event-related thing I see as being very desirable but not available at all times in the game, is electrical/status mods. And those have come up several times on Baro Ki'Teer now.

Fully ranked core mods and above all good grasp of gameplay mechanics is what you need for "end game".  Not event stuff.

But...You aren't.   The IPS mods are barely worth using on only a handful of weapons, and Primed Chamber only works on a single weapon...and won't save that weapon from being quite impractical (if fun), and there is no melee weapon that fails to work if you don't have an event-related stance.  The only event-related thing I see as being very desirable but not available at all times in the game, is electrical/status mods. And those have come up several times on Baro Ki'Teer now.

Fully ranked core mods and above all good grasp of gameplay mechanics is what you need for "end game".  Not event stuff.

The physical damage mods from the events should have never been created in the first place. We already had a set of physical damage mods, but for some reason DE decided that it's a good idea to give us a second set instead of buffing the old one.

When people say that DE wants to make money from players trading, it makes that sound like a straight ripoff.

Primed Chamber is only useful on one weapon, but what should people do who really want to use that one weapon's full potential? Should they really be required to pay thousands of platinum for the mod?

The weapon is impractical right now? They are planning a sniper buff which is quite likely to make it practical, so that's not much of an argument.

I'm thinking that they should go one step further and make the drop rate like Vor's Toxin dual stats, because .01% is the same as having it not even available at all.

Astral Twilight, Tempo Royale, Slash mods during event...

I have my own sets, and It'd just be nice for them to devalue already. It's almost sickening at the prices they're going for. 500p for Piercing Cal...

75% discounts only happen in tier 1 logins.... 100% login record for 2 years now, haven't gotten a single 75% discount. Currently, there are data mined values that can back me up as well.

Edited by Epicagemo

The physical damage mods from the events should have never been created in the first place. We already had a set of physical damage mods, but for some reason DE decided that it's a good idea to give us a second set instead of buffing the old one.

When people say that DE wants to make money from players trading, it makes that sound like a straight ripoff.

Primed Chamber is only useful on one weapon, but what should people do who really want to use that one weapon's full potential? Should they really be required to pay thousands of platinum for the mod?

The weapon is impractical right now? They are planning a sniper buff which is quite likely to make it practical, so that's not much of an argument.

The regular physical damage mods need to be buffed, sure, but that seems like a different topic.  The event-exclusive ones are better than the regular elemental damage mods available to everybody, by a slim margin, for some weapons. Not even remotely "required", which seems to be the basis of people's complaint. Giving players who have been around longest a special reward to reward their loyalty to the game is a good thing, so long as that reward is not blatantly OP as hell, and in this case it's not.

And people are not required to buy primed chamber. Not even remotely.  The difference between charged chamber (140% damage) and primed chamber (200% damage) isn't going to help your vectis gameplay if you can't land the head shots, and if you CAN land the head shots, the gun does stupid amounts of damage to very high levels.

I basically object to the fundamental premise being submitted, which is that event mods are necessary to do well. I don't think that's true. At all.

"Fair" is such a subjective term.

To the OP, $30 is not a "fair" price for a mod.

To the guy buying the mod for $30, it's a "fair" price.

This is why it drives me bonkers to see 'fair' being dropped as a reason for a change.  It's rarely 'fair' for both parties and it's always the have-nots that are crying that something is unfair.

Something like this is unreasonable to other players.  It's not reasonable to put event mods out of reach knowing that the player market is going to go for blood, just because they can. 

So far, all event mods have been put back into the game.  If you don't want to spend that much plat (which is pretty freaking insane) then all you have to do is grind for the items you want.  That is reasonable

It isn't reasonable to put such a low drop rate on the event mods when they're brought back. 

Move away from the arbitrary concept of fair and DE might take more notice of your arguments.

The regular physical damage mods need to be buffed, sure, but that seems like a different topic.  The event-exclusive ones are better than the regular elemental damage mods available to everybody, by a slim margin, for some weapons. Not even remotely "required", which seems to be the basis of people's complaint. Giving players who have been around longest a special reward to reward their loyalty to the game is a good thing, so long as that reward is not blatantly OP as hell, and in this case it's not.

And people are not required to buy primed chamber. Not even remotely.  The difference between charged chamber (140% damage) and primed chamber (200% damage) isn't going to help your vectis gameplay if you can't land the head shots, and if you CAN land the head shots, the gun does stupid amounts of damage to very high levels.

I basically object to the fundamental premise being submitted, which is that event mods are necessary to do well. I don't think that's true. At all.

"by a slim margin" that makes them useable at least in some cases. All of the other physical damage mods are never useful at all.

Yes, Primed Chamber will help every time you kill an enemy that dies in one shot with Primed Chamber and not with Charged Chamber. Considering that we're talking about over 40% more overall damage, that's not all that unlikely to happen.

But if they aren't necessary and don't make a difference, why do they exist in the first place? Why are they stronger than their regular counterparts if that difference is irrelevant?

No sorry, there is this thing called 75% platinum discount that you can get for free by logging on.

And if they would drop, who the hell would participate in the event anymore.

Arid Fear.

Everyone did Arid Fear, a terrible and grindy event, despite DE outright saying the reward mods would be released into Nightmare a month later.

People like to get things early or as soon as they come out. People "WANT IT NOW." Hell that's why people are even willing to shill out 500+ shekels for some of these mods they missed.

Edited by Diarist

I wish there were more available "cheaper" stuff. Items that still have good utility. DE would make alot of money from all these small purchases as well.

It ads up and players tend to be less hesitant to make these small purchases,such as 10p on an augment.

I'm just gonna say this.

Sell your prime parts and dupes of rare mods.

If you run the void regularly you should have no shortage in what to sell. look at the trade chats. what is in high demand currently? Farm that. Get the platnium. You can get everything in the game without spending a single penny.

Its not like anyone or anything is forcing you to buy or use them for endgame. Besides that its a free market, people can charge what they want. Thats the fairest market there is

It would be a fair market if what OP is talking about isn't a market resource, but an artificially limited resource. Diamonds would be a good comparison, as they're fairly common yet incredibly expensive, due to market control (restriction).

Basically, a free market would be great. A market with millions of buyers, and only 200k items introduced to that market, just leaves a majority frustrated/disappointed with (yet another) aspect of the game. I don't want people thinking of the game that way, I assume DE doesn't either.

No sorry, there is this thing called 75% platinum discount that you can get for free by logging on.

And if they would drop, who the hell would participate in the event anymore.

Been playing for 2yrs, and got the 75% discount ONCE. Getting a lucky roll on RNG doesn't change the amount of plat something is selling for, either. The problem is that so many market prices for mods/primes is grossly over inflated.

I don't think the OP is recommending the mods drop before it's release or anything. Nor did he seem to indicate that they should or would be commonplace and easy to obtain. Maybe people would still do the event because it's an easier way to obtain a reward. Like gift of the lotus, or alert rewards.

This is all coming from someone with PLENTY of exclusive mods and bp's ATM, so I'm not doing myself any favors here, but it is getting out of control a little.