Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt - Grineer Experimentation Skin/ Grineer Unit [Fan Concept]

Acculluz

Back Story:

What if? The infamous Dr. Tengus got his hands on a certain warframe, Volt.

It could be that Dr. Tengus "acquired" the specimen whilst the Tenno was still sleeping in their cryopod. Or An encounter with the Grustrag 3. That lead the Tenno severely wounded and captured.

It is unknown how Volt got captured, but one thing's for sure. Volt is deep within the Grineer Empire, In an unknown location where Dr. Tengus dismantles the Tenno, to fuel his newest creation!

65fad28b975e0f693876c02acbf5b622-d9a0gta

Now the Tenno must find the hidden location of their comrade. Punch through the heavily guarded Grineer Sectors. And face Dr. Tengus' deadly creation.

volt_skin_fan_concept_by_acculluz-d9a0h6

(This skin concept is inspired by the newest sentinel, Diriga.)

NEW!:

The Grineer Tesla. The fruit of Dr. Tengus'  experimentations on Volt. Created for the purpose of tipping the scales against the Tenno and especially the Corpus.

e7be0b87425e65a7856441712b49f600-d9bjp5l

The Grineer Tesla's movements would mimic the Grineer Manic, but faster and much deadlier than them.

- But unlike the Manic's, the Grineer Tesla would charge towards their prey at a faster speed while cloaked instead of teleporting to them.

- Once they get in melee range the Tesla will lunge towards their prey and deal electricity and slash damage with their claws.

- Then return to a cloaked state and drop a unique Arc Trap. This Arc Trap will deal a higher damage and will chain to multiple units. If they're close enough to the main target.

- The Tesla can also pull its prey, like the Grineer Scorpion, and if its prey gets close enough. The Tesla will then discharge a mini overload around a small radius of the Tesla.

They'll be commonly seen in Invasions against the Corpus.

Bonus!:

This is how I'd imagine what Dr. Tengus would look like.

ad963d7cd4c55cfffc84ae0fd132b7fd-d9bkek2

I took inspiration from the Tengus in Japanese folk lore. Because Tengu = Tengus. XD

A Grineer Tengu. The circular things around his neck would serve as a levitation device and he would use the large wings to steer.

12a867d00f78c3b2099724f60d661f3a-d9bkdxx

The design of his face was inspired by the Tengu Monks in the 2013 movie, 47 ronin. They looked like the Grineer, so why not? XD.

Images in a higher quality:

Body

Face

Images in a higher quality:

http://fav.me/d9a0gta/'>Captured

http://fav.me/d9a0h6w/'>Concept

Grineer Tesla

Edited by Acculluz

Although I think this is a great artwork I kinda dislike it as a Volt skin.

First, it looks female.

Second, Alladin or MC Hammer someone?

Love the idea of the skin, and as for alladin/MCHammer, add Predator. so its if you made Alladin into a Predator with Mc Hammer's Pants, then electrocute him

but a big fat +1 for OP's post

Guest (PS4)Baby0Shaq34

Back Story:  What if? The infamous Dr. Tengus got his hands on a certain warframe, Volt. It could be that Dr. Tengus "acquired" the specimen whilst the Tenno was still sleeping in their cryopod. Or An encounter with the Grustrag 3. That lead the Tenno severely wounded and captured. It is unknown how Volt got captured, but one thing's for sure. Volt is deep within the Grineer Empire, In an unknown location where Dr. Tengus dismantles the Tenno, to fuel his newest creation! 

65fad28b975e0f693876c02acbf5b622-d9a0gta

Now the Tenno must find the hidden location of their comrade. Punch through the heavily guarded Grineer Sectors. And face Dr. Tengus' deadly creation. 

volt_skin_fan_concept_by_acculluz-d9a0h6

(This skin concept is inspired by the newest sentinel, Diriga.) Images in a higher quality:http://fav.me/d9a0gtahttp://fav.me/d9a0h6w

GIVE ME THIS SKIN NOW!!!

I was thinking about same sht recently...I mean Grineer skin for Volt.   He is the best frame for that. Grineer use lots of electric stuff.  And original Volt have some similarities with grineer design. His back and "eyes"....Colors too.

You managed to make it sooner than me though....I guess i should hurry and finish my version. 

Mine is based not on experimenting with existing Volt...But rather an attempt to create one from scratch with grineer stuff and orokin artifacts.

And they failed at that coz without "tenno" inside it was useless.  Still, frame is very versatile and can be used by tenno...After slight modification.

I think these skins should be Syndicate rewards.

• 2 weeks later...