Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Putting Past Event Mod Sets In Baro Ki'teer's Inventory

Tails-san

With the latest visit, he brought Fanged Fusillade into his wares, implying that the rest of the 120% slash mods will follow, and making a second event mod set into his wares. This brings forth a number of issues.

For one, it causes the mods to remain relatively exclusive, unacquirable outside of small, relatively rare windows. This causes their values to remain very high, and means that newer players may have to wait a long time to get their builds to the desired level. This is especially problematic with the Electric + Status mods, since the other element+status mods remain acquireable, limiting elemental combo choices in status builds for newer players.

Secondly, it just generally annoys players who got the mod from the original event when they show up in place of a new item.

And lastly, but perhaps most importantly, it dilutes the selection of wares that Baro has to offer. Every time he shows up, he brings with him only 3 or 4 items. This fact has proven quite constant. However, the total number of items gotten from him keeps increasing. This means that it will get increasingly longer between repeat appearances of an item, until it reaches the point where these items may appear annually at best. Adding event mod sets to his wares only furthers progress to that point without even adding anything new to the game.

It would be much better to simply add the mods as mission or enemy drops, as was done with all the other element + status mods.

Title got me raging, but after I read it, wasn`t another exclusive feeling one, I agree it sucks and all, but such important mods shouldn`t be made available all the time, there needs to be limitations on good mods, tho he should bring (IMO) 4 old ones, and 4 new ones per visit, and keep the number on an increase so that items rotate with a similar manner (i.e every 5 visits, not 6 when more items are added, or 7 or 8... u get the idea)

Guys... there this new thing... its called the body of the topic, it comes after the title. You should try reading it sometime. Here let me show it to you:

With the latest visit, he brought Fanged Fusillade into his wares, implying that the rest of the 120% slash mods will follow, and making a second event mod set into his wares. This brings forth a number of issues.

For one, it causes the mods to remain relatively exclusive, unacquirable outside of small, relatively rare windows. This causes their values to remain very high, and means that newer players may have to wait a long time to get their builds to the desired level. This is especially problematic with the Electric + Status mods, since the other element+status mods remain acquireable, limiting elemental combo choices in status builds for newer players.

Secondly, it just generally annoys players who got the mod from the original event when they show up in place of a new item.

And lastly, but perhaps most importantly, it dilutes the selection of wares that Baro has to offer. Every time he shows up, he brings with him only 3 or 4 items. This fact has proven quite constant. However, the total number of items gotten from him keeps increasing. This means that it will get increasingly longer between repeat appearances of an item, until it reaches the point where these items may appear annually at best. Adding event mod sets to his wares only furthers progress to that point without even adding anything new to the game.

It would be much better to simply add the mods as mission or enemy drops, as was done with all the other element + status mods.

I can't say I'm particularly against the I/P/S event mods being void trader items seeing as they're pretty niche mods, although I wouldn't be against them being available from a more reliable source either. The electric + status mods should most definitely be more readily available though, if at least for consistency with the other event elemental mods (that and they're significantly less niche IMO).

As for his limited selection, the Devs should consider increasing the amount of items he brings on his bi-weekly basis. After all, he has a much larger selection now compared to when he was first released.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Its bitter sweet for me.

I never had a chance at obtaining those slash mods from drops so its nice, but im kinda sad cuz I paid a S#&$ load of plat for them and now because of their availability I won't be a able to sell back for same price.

It really is nice for repeats of popular mods for players who missed it, but it sucks that you wait forever for new S#&$.

Solution: Baro ki'Sears should appear every 5-7 days.

Edited by SandmanTT

I think that Baro should have 2 sets of wares:

Baro's Exclusives: ALWAYS 4 slots/items. Only acquirable from him. 

Baro's Deals: 2 additional slots. Used to be event exclusives which may be in his Deals, but eventually will also be acquirable elsewhere.  Electric mods & all other elements, Slash/Puncture/Impact Mods all fall in this category. Rare Stances too. Eventually he should put up a Prime part or another, or parts for the hunter farmable guns (Detron, Brakk). 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

I put my favorites in bold, but other than that mostly wanted to throw my +1 on this.

So they should be more available.

And less available at the same time.

Got that DE?  More available and less available at the same time, k thx.