Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So The New "brawler" Frame Is Actually An Earth Elemental Frame.

Mak_Gohae

On behalf of the Design Council - WHETHER THEY WANT ME TO OR NOT - I apologize that Atlas isn't named Golem.

Atlas is a stupid name for this frame, and we all feel stupid for thinking it was fitting. The name SHOULD have been Golem.

WE WILL TRY TO DO BETTER IN THE FUTURE.

*glares as Design Council*

"Griek mythology". That or they watched/played God of War 2.

Edited by Shad0wWatcher

I think he could be pretty 'brawly' if you ask me.

Summon some pals , gear up with first power and go to town on a mob.

Throw up shields to not get taken out from afar and roll them out to flatten them for finishers.

Turn them to stone to make easy work out of them.

Sweet.

Not really.

Not saying the powers are bad but the theme is completely different from the internal name they have going.

On the name topic: it should've been called Emeth. That would've been an amazingly cool name and fitting with the Golem theme.

Name it gorgon. Cause it turns people into stone and it doesnt have a head.

Makes sense.

Seriously though What. The. EFF! I was so stoked for him as I'm sure many of you saw me flooding this board with Brawler hype. 

DE: Creates a Rock frame with 1 punching ability...names it a Brawler frame.  Niiiiiiiiiiice.

You're own mistake for getting hyped when you know Chroma is called a dragon frame.

Actually, you could have predicted this outcome.

Since DE consistently turns every one of the Top 4 Frame ideas in each Community 'Suggest a Warframe' contest into a Frame.

I dont go fishing for info so i did not know that there wasnt an actual brawler in line.

I did hear of an Earth elemental frame a long time ago but at that time he was just called Earth elemental.

What this looks like is that the internal name is actually for the look of the frame they are going for which has nothing to do with the powers. I think in the future DE should just show the frame and dont give it any description until the powers are finalized.

I have no issue with what we got but i was expecting something else.

On behalf of the Design Council - WHETHER THEY WANT ME TO OR NOT - I apologize that Atlas isn't named Golem.

Atlas is a stupid name for this frame, and we all feel stupid for thinking it was fitting. The name SHOULD have been Golem.

Soooo, you think we should apololgize for DE not even putting Golem it into the polls?

And speak for yourself. Your opinion is not that of everyone.

I like the frame. But 2 things bother me thou. The Stone Scream is nice. I do like it but I wish he had an ability to buff melee dmg for him & teammates. It would also help his 4th gain a dmg buff. Maybe also try to throw an armor buff in their as well. Similar to Valkyr Warcry. Just instead of a speed & armor buff. It will be a dmg & armor buff. Seems fitting for him rather a scream that stones ppl. Because Valkyr is more of a brawler than this new frame. Another thing is his 4th. Never been a fan of that type of ability since Nekros. I honestly was prepared for him to throw his weapon on the ground. (On his back of course) & crack his knuckles & beat up some foes. Seems fitting because he looks like he wielding a new fist weapon. But it could be just for appearances. If they do a better job at pulling agro than Nekros then it could be fine. Hell even give them 1 ability. Give them Frost old Ice wave. Instead of ice of course. That would be dope too.  

I like the frame. But 2 things bother me thou. The Stone Scream is nice. I do like it but I wish he had an ability to buff melee dmg for him & teammates. It would also help his 4th gain a dmg buff. Maybe also try to throw an armor buff in their as well. Similar to Valkyr Warcry. Just instead of a speed & armor buff. It will be a dmg & armor buff. Seems fitting for him rather a scream that stones ppl. Because Valkyr is more of a brawler than this new frame. Another thing is his 4th. Never been a fan of that type of ability since Nekros. I honestly was prepared for him to throw his weapon on the ground. (On his back of course) & crack his knuckles & beat up some foes. Seems fitting because he looks like he wielding a new fist weapon. But it could be just for appearances. If they do a better job at pulling agro than Nekros then it could be fine. Hell even give them 1 ability. Give them Frost old Ice wave. Instead of ice of course. That would be dope too.  

I 100% agree.  I REALLY hope that there are some good passives with the summon.  I actully think that the punching chain ability is going to be amazing and spammable.  And I also noticed the fist-spike in the "sounds of atlas" section gameplay.  I only noticed it when he didn't have any melee equipped.  I wonder if you get a buff for having no weapon equipped?  That would be interesting.

I 100% agree.  I REALLY hope that there are some good passives with the summon.  I actully think that the punching chain ability is going to be amazing and spammable.  And I also noticed the fist-spike in the "sounds of atlas" section gameplay.  I only noticed it when he didn't have any melee equipped.  I wonder if you get a buff for having no weapon equipped?  That would be interesting.

That would be cool if you get a melee buff if you have no weapon equipped. Maybe also it will be further increased if you wield a fist melee. Hopefully a new one will come with the frame. 

I like Atlas better, he holds up the Earth which fits that he is an Earth frame.

Yeah this is definitely not a brawler frame, its a caster frame. There currently isnt a frame in the game which has hands on enemy powers.

Well Valkyr is a hand-to-hand combatant. She just happens to have claws on those hands. They could always add wrestling moves to a sparring -type weapon stance.