Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Primed Point Blank?

DarkOvion

Just a question though. I know they said theyd compensate people but I wonder what they will be doing about formas wasted since serration/heavy call might be gone.

At most, nothing, just like what they did to diriga users who forked 5-10 forma on the entire sentinel. It got changed a second time, but even those changes do not compensate for a lot of people because christ, that fire rate? lol I could just easily let my sweeper prime kill things and I'm always point blank with mobs.

Just a question though. I know they said theyd compensate people but I wonder what they will be doing about formas wasted since serration/heavy call might be gone.

Nothing.  In fact, part of the reasoning for looking into removing these kinds of mods is because usually the first forma(s) applied to a weapon were specifically for mods everyone knew they'd install - serration (and co.) and multi-shot.  Basically, no weapon anyone formad didn't have at least two V polarities.  The mod evaluations aim to change that.

To be fair, what do they plan to do with the event mod sets? Iv got 2 slash mods and the impact mod set. There are too many damage mods and far to valuable just to get rid of em. I think they'll do something different rather than remove them. Maybe like dedicated slots for those mods.

I  think this only applies to pure dmg mods as they are where a lot of the issue is.

Single dmg types and elementals aren't quite as much of an issue.

Seriously ? They will probably give you a legendary core IF they remove that mod, and you ask for 300 ducats ? 

People never stop surprising me. 

How?

I bought my Primed Point Blank what... 2 weeks ago now? 4 tops (It's been a busy month).

A Legendary Core will only cover the levels put into it, which is fine. And while Ducats aren't incredibly difficult to come by, it's just a question.

I assumed no, the answer seems to be 'probably not', fair enough and I move on.

How will they compensate for all the forma wasted building weapons based on existing meta?

Are we supposed to just go to Draco and fix all of our weapons?

What about the time invested? A new forma type that keeps you at max level is going to be needed to keep me from leaving.

Worst suggested change I've ever heard from DE. Do you really think there won't be 3 more mods that are the next best?

uhh they are literally buffed versions of the normal mods ... how is that not powercreep?

for the record i have and use all of them but i would be happy if they were removed with adequate compensation of course.

Edited by ..atom..

I'm surprised nobody's popped up with the "It's in Beta" stance by this point. So I'm gonna default to that: the game is still in Beta, no matter how many years it takes. The fact of the matter is: DE is trying to fix a system that, for most of the game's existence as a 'clean' marketable product, has been criticized for not being too clean - which would be the Mods system.

I won't get into describing the issues, since I don't have the time to go into a full discussion about it, but I'm sure somebody will come by and chime in about how they don't like X or Y and what DE should really do is do Z, instead of going on about "HOW ARE THEY GOING TO COMPENSATE US FOR THIS? WHAT ARE WE GETTING?" etc.

DE has gone on board and said, about three times by now, that looking into the "mandatory mods" situation, they've been led to consider changing a lot of the core stuff. They could mean enemy scaling - making enemies less like bullet sponges, the mod system itself, maybe damage values again - maybe all of the above, I don't know. But, it's a lot of stuff to consider and it's going to take a long time and a lot of discussion to see it through, so the least we can do as a community is be constructive with our criticism. 

But in regards to the Forma: all I'm hearing is "wah-wah", so I can't really talk about that. I don't bother to forma anything, because I don't believe in having to put forma into weaponry to be effective up to a certain level. But that's just me.

Edited by SurryCurry

Nothing. In fact, part of the reasoning for looking into removing these kinds of mods is because usually the first forma(s) applied to a weapon were specifically for mods everyone knew they'd install - serration (and co.) and multi-shot. Basically, no weapon anyone formad didn't have at least two V polarities. The mod evaluations aim to change that.

If you put it that way it sounds like DE is just trying to piss off people who did forma in v polarities.

I'm surprised nobody's popped up with the "It's in Beta" stance by this point. So I'm gonna default to that: the game is still in Beta, no matter how many years it takes. The fact of the matter is: DE is trying to fix a system that, for most of the game's existence as a 'clean' marketable product, has been criticized for not being too clean - which would be the Mods system.

I've never understood what right or privilege 'beta' is suppose to confer.   A released online game is as subject to change according to most EULAs as a beta is.  Plenty of released games have changed systems when necessary.   

People are reacting to a proposed change to a game they like, its natural, it happens when any game makes significant changes.  Here, where the mods and weapons are the major investment, its very understandable that people would be suspicious of the things they've invested in being changed in a significant way. 

As a side note, I am trying to look at the proposed changes positively, but I am sure as hek not investing in leveling my P point blank or p ravage or putting more foma in things until more is known.

Edited by Vanroe

I've never understood what right or privilege 'beta' is suppose to confer.   A released online game is as subject to change according to most EULAs as a beta is.  Plenty of released games have changed systems when necessary.  

People are reacting to a proposed change to a game they like, its natural, it happens when any game makes significant changes.  Here, where the mods and weapons are the major investment, its very understandable that people would be suspicious of the things they've invested in being changed in a significant way. 

Well, it was just an observation on my part, that's why I skipped to "the fact of the matter." There is a tacit agreement that games in Beta will tend to shift in content massively, the market has stuck to being very 'stable' and games don't usually resurface themselves and rework as often as Warframe tends to do.

I think the 'Beta' moniker gives a pretty good protective layer for DE to fall back on when they do finally decide that they need to rework something along the line. Thing is, I support that they are trying to change things, and are preparing for the future. It'll suck now, but that's the inevitability of it. Would you rather be whining about content later on, built on a shaky foundation?

The way I see it is, with the Sentients coming out and the focus on mid-game/end-game difficulties that come with them, they are trying to ding out everything and anything they can, so they can have a good foundation for the rest of the game.