Anyone Else Notice The T3Ex Drop Tables Seem Skewed

Shockwave-

In the last week or so my buddy and me (playing seperately) have scored:

17 Nyx prime sysmtes

15 Sicarus prime barrels

0 Rhino prime BP

0 Nyx prime Chassis

0 Soma prime stocks

Wondering if something broke in one of the recent patches and anyone else notice this or is it always this skewed?

your experiences with Exterminate III is certainly an outlier.

In past two days

T1S:

Paris P. lower limb - 15

Paris P. upper limb - 1

Burston P. stock - 12

Nova P. helmet - 9

Scindo P. handle - 5

Volt P. systems - 0!!

All rotation C rewards.

that's normal though, a spread of pretty much everything.

In the last week or so my buddy and me (playing seperately) have scored:

1000 ducats

0 items you might actually want

Wondering if something broke in one of the recent patches and anyone else notice this or is it always this skewed?

Fixed that for you.  You've had some pretty bad luck getting zero of the better things but the weights on that drop table are so bad this is going to happen. 

It would be normal if it wasn't 15+ hours of continuous gameplay. Even lineage 2 is less grindy with its drop rates of 1/10kk.

1/10,000,000 is definitely much lower than Warframe...

your samples there have 0/42, not really awful.

the worst i've seen is ~1/250 or so, still much lower than what you're talking about. even Forma's original rate of 0.67% was ~1/15,000.

1/10,000,000 is definitely much lower than Warframe...

your samples there have 0/42, not really awful.

the worst i've seen is ~1/250 or so, still much lower than what you're talking about. even Forma's original rate of 0.67% was ~1/15,000.

Considering the time spent killing mobs, and that in L2 the drop rates are per mob and per item, and not per time unit, in 15 hours of nonstop grind I'd surely drop one of those things with 1/10kk drop rate. I could even drop two, if I were lucky, and a few others to boot, even from the same mob. But here the item acquisition rate is severely limited by 1 in 5 minutes (if we consider survival).

Or I could drop a recipe and grind for resources to build that thing in much shorter time than trying to drop the whole item.

Or I could get both the recipe and resources through spoil, which is again several times quicker.

There are options. Here we can only pray to RNGesus to get that durned part we need, and it frustrates me. And on top of that the keys themselves are locked behind RNG. I tried to farm for vectis prime receiver from its very release, and only by pure luck a week ago did I met a player who did have it to spare and who needed vasto prime BP which I could spare (while we were both farming for keys).

It would be OK to have them drop rates differ like 1 rare to 5 common, but not like this. Rotation C on T1S has only 6 items!

Edited by Bouldershoulder

I did five runs of t3 survival yesterday to 40 minutes each. I walked away with 10 Sicarus prime BPs. I usually don't hate on RNG but I was raging at it last night!

Also, why do we use the term 'RNG' when we are given heavily weighted drop tables? This always seemed like a misnomer to me.

Edited by (PS4)PeetSquared

I did five runs of t3 survival yesterday to 40 minutes each. I walked away with 10 Sicarus prime BPs. I usually don't hate on RNG but I was raging at it last night!

Also, why do we use the term 'RNG' when we are given heavily weighted drop tables? This always seemed like a misnomer to me.

It is still RNG, just because the Variables are weighted, it does not mean it is not random.

If you have three red balls and two blue balls in a bag, it is still a "random" probability which one will be selected.

It would be nice is DE would publicize the drop chances though. When codex 2.0 was in the works they talked about being able to scan some sort of reactor during the void mission in order to find the drop rates for that particular mission.

IIUC, it's always been like that.

First it rolls for rarity, then it rolls for an item from that rarity pool.   Rarity pools are weighted, but within the pools the items are all unweighted.  So you have a 70% chance of a common item, but once you roll that you get a common item, all common items have equal probability.

Good thing drop tables are encrypted to keep players from holding de to being honest about them.

local files are encrypted because Digital Extremes' proprietary file system is faster than files just being strewn about in folders.

it's for performance reasons.

It would be OK to have them drop rates differ like 1 rare to 5 common, but not like this. Rotation C on T1S has only 6 items!

1/5 wouldn't be Rare. you'd leave a single Endless Mission with a couple hundred Common Mods, and almost 50 Rare Mods.

not Rare anymore.

First it rolls for rarity, then it rolls for an item from that rarity pool.   Rarity pools are weighted, but within the pools the items are all unweighted.  So you have a 70% chance of a common item, but once you roll that you get a common item, all common items have equal probability.

may be correct for Mods (probably is), but Reward Pools have no rarity categories, just Weighted Chances.

It's rare to give an illusion of endgame and profit unlike some other mmos where there are tiers of stuff to work towards to at endgame. I'm always doing the same old stuff on Warframe with easy to obtain weapons, no challenge yet I still play because I love the go in and go out mission feel for my time limited life.