Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Seriously That Bad?

Ketec

5s delay before they explode without a manual option? Plus extreme bouncing.

You cant place them on ground, stack them or even blow up when near the enemy.

Instead it's a explosive, low accuracy, slow, non hitscan  "sniper" rifle.

They explode on impact with an enemy. You can't just spray it everywhere, you have to HIT enemies... Tonkor is AMAZING, you just have to use it right...

EDIT: Also, the extreme bounce is so you can jump and shoot it under you to bounce it back to you for it's special Nade' Jumping feature that launches you.

Edited by Stratego89

Put on terminal velocity and a jetstream Zeph build and it esplodes on impact, doing hella guccii damages, and even without those, it's a simple arcing wep, not that hard to hit, especially in groups, which you should be aiming for anyways with an explosive wep.

Aim is key. Go back to Boltor Prime or the like for spraying.

They explode on impact with an enemy. You can't just spray it everywhere, you have to HIT enemies... Tonkor is AMAZING, you just have to use it right...

EDIT: Also, the extreme bounce is so you can jump and shoot it under you to bounce it back to you for it's special Nade' Jumping feature that launches you.

A person with a good aim with the tonkor can wipe out huge waves. Aim is key here.

Gonna speak as someone who "mains" the Tonkor.

Aim only matters at lower levels when there's fewer, spread out enemies.  Come the higher levels, and this becomes a non-issue.  Shoot at the general direction of crowds; your grenades are bound to touch something and nuke the place.

Edited by AzureEmulation

i first tried the tonkor and after getting it to 30 i deleted it

then i created it again and after six formas its ok but the two ammo clip limit really limits this weapon versus a penta or secura penta

the tonkor works ok as a run and gun shotgun if you have good aim but the seven rounds of the secura penta are much better at clearing large areas plus the syndicate effects and i rather run a secura penta

the tonkor get used for luls once in a while but then what do i know as my most used gun by a large margin are 8 forma akstilletos for killing everything with my primary as backup

The long fuse is there to punish bad aim, and so that if you so wished, leaves you the option of running over and manually detonating it with your foot.

They also immediately stop if they hit a body of water, which means you can use them like proximity mines in certain situations.

If you're underwhelmed by the output, you haven't been paying attention to the crit bonuses.

Edited by weirdee

5s delay before they explode without a manual option? Plus extreme bouncing.

You cant place them on ground, stack them or even blow up when near the enemy.

Instead it's a explosive, low accuracy, slow, non hitscan  "sniper" rifle.

The solution to that last sentence is obviously "git gud"

But remember the poetic words of your elders :

"When in doubt

Rocket jump"