Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gersemi Valkyr Skin, Best Thing To Happen To Warframe?

Cleesus

I really think they ought to have done some new voiceover lines for the screams to help convey that, but maybe they'll add them in the future? Either way, one COULD still say her powers were altered - compare her Gersemi claws to her regular claws and note how much-more dagger-like the regular Valkyr (post-experimentation) claws are in comparison.

As for Frames being created with Void energy, that was the Tenno. The Warframes themselves seemingly were made out of Technocyte - same stuff as the Infested (hence the lines the Infested say to us).

Altered aesthetically, yes, but there's no need to have 2 valkyrs with different powers because people just cant bother to read the lore or even comprehend it. Valkyr prime had the same power as vanilla valkyr, she maybe had some wings in her back, an actual valkyrie you know, but still.

Edit: and I can't actually compare the gersemi skin to her base one yet sadly. :(

Edited by (PS4)EvilFlowerChild

Altered aesthetically, yes, but there's no need to have 2 valkyrs with different powers because people just cant bother to read the lore or even comprehend it. Valkyr prime had the same power as vanilla valkyr, she maybe had some wings in her back, an actual valkyrie you know, but still.

Edit: and I can't actually compare the gersemi skin to her base one yet sadly. :(

I wasn't at all meaning to imply that Valkyr should have different powers, just that the aesthetics and even vocal effects should be different - personally I think that Valkyr Prime SHOULD have a different weapon (I say Protoss-style wrist blades) and even stance on her 4 than the others - treat it as her Prime'd ability.

As for wings: Gersemi KINDA has wings with those effects on her shoulders, but overall has a more demoness look than anything. I can see DE embracing that look more for the Prime and amping it up further.

I wasn't at all meaning to imply that Valkyr should have different powers, just that the aesthetics and even vocal effects should be different - personally I think that Valkyr Prime SHOULD have a different weapon (I say Protoss-style wrist blades) and even stance on her 4 than the others - treat it as her Prime'd ability.

As for wings: Gersemi KINDA has wings with those effects on her shoulders, but overall has a more demoness look than anything. I can see DE embracing that look more for the Prime and amping it up further.

I know you weren't :P but sone other posters were suggesting that, and honestly i love the claws lol maybe a new hysteria stance, or golden claws.. only time will tell.

The skin looks amazing, at first I didn't dig it at all, hated the helmet and such, but after seeing all these screenshots and in game through youtube, i love it to bits and can't wait to waste 10 hours figuring out which colour scheme is better lol.

The look from the front is...okish, spindly arms and spindly calves are a let down though, I could live with the ball gag helmet but the back side oh my god that is a completely no no, a tail that looks like a glued on afterthought and the thighs and butt shaping ugh. It is definitely not my cup of tea but different people have different tastes. 

I did read the lore, it was my understand that was different of yours

There is one thing I can't understand, if this is she before Alad ripped her armor, why she looks so much thiner?

That's DE's logic right there. I guess they just forgot they were doing a PRE corpus skin... whatever, it's so ugly :/

That's DE's logic right there. I guess they just forgot they were doing a PRE corpus skin... whatever, it's so ugly :/

That's your opinion, just like it looking awesome is other people's opinion.

That said, it's also been noted in the Warframe lore that the warframes are living exoskeletons that fit and mold themselves according to the being within them. There are a number of reasons why Valkyr Pre-corps looks different in shape. Just like us humans change shape depending on what we've done or had to do, I can imagine the beings within these warframes do the same. Or it could be more of a "fanciful" answer in that Valkyr post-corpus was traumatized, thus its form slightly altered itself in certain ways to look and feel more "feral". Look at her Agile stance - that's pretty damned wild and feral isn't it? More muscular limbs, firmer "backside" area to denote strength and speed. Yeah, I can see that.

Of course that's all speculation. Either way, if you think you can do better, go for it. Just keep in mind that all of these warframe appearances go through Mynki. He's the art director, and hell I believe he even began sculpting Valkyr's skin in a livestream. He's the one who created her and all the other warframes (or at least, approved them) appearance-wise. You don't like it? Go tell him.

I don't think she looks bad, she's beautiful. More than that, i was always confused seeing her so shapely, it's just.. wrong. She is little angry animal, fast and slender, there is no need to make her look feminine. Anyway, i find it a bit funny - the difference between her body proportions.

Look at Nyx Proto, body model is the same

Pretty sure Valkyr Prime will have golden ornaments like crazy, braids from the helmet and two void-shimmering golden wings on her back. Golden claws on hands and feet and come with a signature Void Spear(pretty please).

Just look at her back.

anftdi.jpg

check out those sockets at the shoulderblades. Clearly two wings are supposed to ge there on the Prime version.

Got to admit though, this looks sweet.

GV2.png

Pretty sure Valkyr Prime will have golden ornaments like crazy, braids from the helmet and two void-shimmering golden wings on her back. Golden claws on hands and feet and come with a signature Void Spear(pretty please).

Just look at her back.

anftdi.jpg

check out those sockets at the shoulderblades. Clearly two wings are supposed to ge there on the Prime version.

Got to admit though, this looks sweet.

GV2.png

The last pic looks so bad &#! love it, hopefully her other helmets will get PBR because the skin is glossy and the helmets aren't which is a awful for someone obsessed with colour scheme like me lol

I got to admit I wasn't a fan of Valkyr and didn't like her look. Then this skin comes out and I had some extra platinum and thought I would give her another shot. I like her now but if it wasn't for this skin I probably wouldn't have bothered using her again. So take notes DE hehe making good skins will sale just don't go any higher on the price please;)

Mine:

Pre Corpus

848a7abd29.jpg

Post Corpus

6c2f08be7a.jpg

I like them both. They both have different flavors, and after getting a really good look (and making my Valkyr uncomfortable...for science), you can actually tell that the Pre Corpus skin was designed with the Post corpus skin in mind. These aren't totally different. You can tell where the tail attached, see where certain parts or pieces were ripped from her, and so on.

i kinda wish they added more textures and details on the body though. i know its suppose to be clean valkyr before experiment, but her f*cked up by corpus version has more details to look at.

And not very fond of the helmet, gonna replace that with bastet. Gersemi helm reminds me of a fish for some reason.