Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is De Ignoring Boltor Prime's Ridiculous Mastery Rank Req Because It Will Be Vaulted In 3 Months?

(PSN)JiggaJazz

I'm aware were having dmg 3.0 and DE COULD change mastery rank requirements but somehow I feel that DE isn't worried about Boltor Prime's easy mastery rank 2 requirement because it will be vaulted in 3 months.

Thoughts? Discussion? This is seriously the one thing I've been really interested in getting vaulted ever since frost prime

was taken into the vault.

and our weapons getting stronger as they level.

XP bars would be multiplied by a fairly large number to compensate for the loss of what those Damage Mods represent.

if it's going to happen, some people won't be happy about it. more importantly to me, i won't be happy with it.

arbitrary XP bars are already annoying - i don't want them to get longer. Polarizing and Leveling Equipment so that i can actually use it is already an uninteresting process of mostly waiting around for nothing in particular.

i'd have to reconsider my interest in Warframe if suddenly the existing permanent global investment is replaced with arbitrary XP Bars like a s...ty, low budget MMO made by people with no experience.

so all i can hope for, is that such a terrible idea for Gameplay isn't accepted with open arms. 

but Digital Extremes isn't stupid so i presume they can recognize this giant problem with doing that. since they know how to run a healthy business.

That was the solution that was mentioned.

Yes... which is why I said it.

XP bars would be multiplied by a fairly large number to compensate for the loss of what those Damage Mods represent.

if it's going to happen, some people won't be happy about it. more importantly to me, i won't be happy with it.

arbitrary XP bars are already annoying - i don't want them to get longer. Polarizing and Leveling Equipment so that i can actually use it is already an uninteresting process of mostly waiting around for nothing in particular.

i'd have to reconsider my interest in Warframe if suddenly the existing permanent global investment is replaced with arbitrary XP Bars like a s...ty, low budget MMO made by people with no experience.

so all i can hope for, is that such a terrible idea for Gameplay isn't accepted with open arms. 

but Digital Extremes isn't stupid so i presume they can recognize this giant problem with doing that. since they know how to run a healthy business.

What are you even going on about??

I don't see any evidence saying this is sure to happen in place of any other kind of compensation.

Digital Extremes runs a business. they aren't going to just throw away Monetization and Game Time investment.

you're going to spend the same time in something else to achieve the same result.

that being said, if 'Focus' ever actually becomes a thing, that could contain that, as you'd have actual goals and objectives to do to get such stat increases. that is much more interesting than XP Bars, and i'm all for interactive systems like that.

you're going to spend the same time in something else to achieve the same result.

that being said, if 'Focus' ever actually becomes a thing, that could contain that, as you'd have actual goals and objectives to do to get such stat increases. that is much more interesting than XP Bars, and i'm all for interactive systems like that.

As far as I know, that didn't happen when Warframe abilities were integrated into their leveling, so no reason to assume it's going to happen for Serration.

Digital Extremes runs a business. they aren't going to just throw away Monetization and Game Time investment.

Like I said, there are other ways to compensate players. Nobody's throwing anything away.

First, and foremost, you are forgetting what the majority of the mod capacity of each weapon is attributed to. If damage and multishot mods are removed or revised as DE has suggested, then you wouldn't need to forma a weapon more than once or twice. Secondly, if DE does carry through with all of their currently suggested changes, you would probably find something else more infuriating than simply doubling the amount of experience needed to rank up a weapon. One solid Draco run, even without a booster, will max out one weapon. Why is it a big deal that you would need to run Draco twice to max out a weapon? And how would that be any different than what we already do now?

As for your earlier comments, each time that DE has talked about the changes to Serration, they have also talked about enemy and damage scaling over time, and how that would be changed, as well as potentially giving players Legendary cores for their maxed Serration mods, etc. They don't compensate players by making it more difficult, they compensate players with a direct replacement, and offer a new way to achieve the same result that players achieved earlier. That's it.

Lastly, if Focus finally becomes implemented, then it would also make some aspect of Forma or leveling less important or completely useless, even if the Focus mechanic only adds to the damage of the weapon or frame.

-snip-

I think problem is even the need to max out a weapon using Exp Farm (currently Draco) in the first place if you're not using Affinity Booster (or even with) or without patience since it takes a while doing low affinity granting missions.

About Serration (and it's counterparts): to my understanding it will be implemented exactly as they did with Warframe abilities - at some ranks (i guess every 3 with maxed at weapon rank 30) will get one rank of inbuilt serration. DE also promises to compensate for those mods.

About Multishot: since it was a bug to begin with now we will have to think: do we want a high burst weapon trading off ammo efficiency or do we want to slap into every single weapon ammo mutation mods...

About Prime weapons being available practically right off the bat: It's so idiotic I wonder why DE didn't lock them up yet by min mastery 6-8 yet (with Prime Access being an exception). Even more funny is that Prime weapons/warframe which are supposed to be superior to their normal counterparts are more easily obtainable than Syndicate weapons (Primaries to be exact and their 12 mastery requirement).

But whelp, we wait till U18 I guess to see what they will serve...

As far as I know, that didn't happen when Warframe abilities were integrated into their leveling, so no reason to assume it's going to happen for Serration.

Like I said, there are other ways to compensate players. Nobody's throwing anything away.

Warframe Abilities had no Investment to speak of. and also didn't gate Players with Game Time Investment.

i'm not talking about compensation. i'm talking about... well, not really this, but this is what the General Consumer would call it.... 'preserving the grind'.

removing a giant Game Time Investment means Digital Extremes must add it back somewhere else for Monetization reasons.

If damage and multishot mods are removed or revised as DE has suggested, then you wouldn't need to forma a weapon more than once or twice.

Secondly, if DE does carry through with all of their currently suggested changes, you would probably find something else more infuriating than simply doubling the amount of experience needed to rank up a weapon.

i've never suggested removing those Mods - infact, i've been saying adding more of those Mods. but making them all Corrupted Mods.

you can have 8 Multishot Mods if you want... but it's going to cost you 8 different negative stats to go with it. 

even including Players earning token things to consume to be able to create their own Mods, choose a positive stat, and choose a negative stat, and the game will autobalance one side as you change the other. so if you really want to have a lot of something crazy, you can do so, but you must have different ones Equipped, meaning you can't have +Damage -RoF 8 times. you could have +Damage -many different things, though.

double? hah! that's a good joke.

to recoup the sort of Game Time Investment that those 10 Rank Damage Mods represent - you could expect the XP Bar to be Multiplied by 50.

which means... since U7 i've successfully Leveled Saryn to 30... 2 times since my last Polarization, and less than 6 times in total(might be somewhere between 4.5 and 5). in a time span of 2.5 years since Saryn's release date, give or take.

Edited by taiiat