Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Seed Bound To Account?

atom

hi. I'll start by saying that i'm playing and obviously love this game since open beta started and experimented with RNG and how it's applied along the years.

Unfortunately i came to the following conclusions:

the RNG layers that determine drops (resources, mods, mission rewards, parts, kubrows etc) are based on a seed which is applied per account, before everything else. that's why some players are always lucky while others are unlucky most of the time.

all the drops in the mission are generated by the host so if the host has a good seed you get good drops if not you don't

all the mission rewards (in endless missions at least) are generated at the start of the mission

I think this system is very unfair and the reason why we see so many players complaining about the grind (grind can be fun when u get nice things, not fun when u get crap all the time)

can i get some input from other players about their experience with how RNG works in warframe and maybe if it's possible to change it to a better system that is more fair overall? thank you

an official explanation of how it works and is applied would be awesome but i don't dare hope for that one since DE have dodged questions like this in streams

this is all just my theory based on my experience in game. time played (90d, 3h,29m). i'm hoping to get a better picture based on other player's time as well

p.s. WTS tin foil 5p/sqm

Edited by ..atom..

the RNG layers that determine drops (resources, mods, mission rewards, parts, kubrows etc) are based on a seed which is applied per account, before everything else. that's why some players are always lucky while others are unlucky most of the time.

Ya how did you come to this conclusion? Also I don't think you understand how the rng seeding works...

I've felt this exact same way for a very long time.

It reminds me of the Section ID system in the first Phantasy Star Online, in which the total hexidecimal value of your name was totaled up, and the last single digit was used to determine which section ID you had, which determined everything about your drop RNG.

You may be on to something. When I was with a couple friends, we were trying to get the Imperator Vandal receiver yesterday cuz that was the last part they needed. We ran it so many times and didn't get it. The minute I stepped out and did one solo just to get some cores, I got the receiver.

But I'm pretty sure what you're saying isn't true.

I seen that happened during the time when Grandia Online was a thing when i worked as a moderator there.

When a popular person gets, well, popular, the devs rig the drop value slightly to give them an edge.

The reason for it have no idea, it was certainly unfair to say the least.

But i doupt DE would follow this kind of logic, trust me.

Edited by Cebius

let's make it short , the more you play the less you have luck to get anything

just start stop playing for like weeks , you ll see the daily reward and the loot geting better once you relog,

no need to be Math pro

hi. I'll start by saying that i'm playing and obviously love this game since open beta started and experimented with RNG and how it's applied along the years.

all the drops in the mission are generated by the host so if the host has a good seed you get good drops if not you don't

all the mission rewards (in endless missions at least) are generated at the start of the mission

I think this system is very unfair and the reason why we see so many players complaining about the grind (grind can be fun when u get nice things, not fun when u get crap all the time)

can i get some input from other players about their experience with how RNG works in warframe and maybe if it's possible to change it to a better system that is more fair overall? thank you

DE does alter loot tables drop rates per account, see the following warframe wiki page:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Seer, specifically this portion:

"The Seer's components used to have the same drop algorithm as the Cronus blueprint; every subsequent visit to Tolstoj used to decrease the drop rate. This has since been fixed."

They have precedent and motive. 

I too believe that the random seeds have high probability to yield same results over and over per each account on each computer. I often got unusual stuff from other pc I logged in on and ALWAYS got platinum discount as daily login reward from switching pc.

i allways get the part i need to complete something from another host , that's a true story

and i can here other ppl crying for parts i allready have and that drop all day long for me

it's bound to account , it's just a state of things

part rng+ account mitigation

Edited by Tsoe

Ya how did you come to this conclusion? Also I don't think you understand how the rng seeding works...

i came to this conclusion after extensive playing. the seed for my account is not good. whenever i host or play solo i get crap (common mods, drops, resources, etc).

if i join one of my lucky seed friend we always get the good stuff

a couple of weeks ago i used a promo code for 2x resource drops and spent about 1000p on various things in the game. my luck totally changed for a week all across the board and i got rare resources from extractos daily (this after using them nonstop since they came out and maybe getting them 1/mo), getting rare mods in every mission, rare prime parts almost every time i ran a void mission (got almost all the new prime parts in less than 10 runs each). the "luck" change was drastic and consistent all across the board.

my testing was done by playing the game for a long time and has shown me it's definitely not random or "luck"

Over a long enough timeline, a pseudo-RNG seed does not affect the probability of any particular outcome.  It just affects the exact *ordering* of outcomes.  This ordering may include some "hot" spots and "cold" spots, but over a long enough timeline the math says they have to even out.  Note that "long enough timeline" is important enough that I said it twice.

So even if each player does have their own persistent RNG seed, everyone still gets the same drop rate in the long run.  However, I highly doubt everyone has their own RNG seed.  If they did then how would you reconcile four different persistent RNG seeds on any given drop?

Over a long enough timeline, a pseudo-RNG seed does not affect the probability of any particular outcome.  It just affects the exact *ordering* of outcomes.  This ordering may include some "hot" spots and "cold" spots, but over a long enough timeline the math says they have to even out.  Note that "long enough timeline" is important enough that I said it twice.

So even if each player does have their own persistent RNG seed, everyone still gets the same drop rate in the long run.  However, I highly doubt everyone has their own RNG seed.  If they did then how would you reconcile four different persistent RNG seeds on any given drop?

long enough timeline yeah ... sure ... i got all the things eventually but i had to grind for them way more then my "lucky" friends did and that's the part i consider to be unfair and in need of imprevement

what do you mean by four seeds? only the host's seed matters for drops

Edited by ..atom..

DE does alter loot tables drop rates per account, see the following warframe wiki page:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Seer, specifically this portion:

"The Seer's components used to have the same drop algorithm as the Cronus blueprint; every subsequent visit to Tolstoj used to decrease the drop rate. This has since been fixed."

They have precedent and motive. 

I'm 99% sure that was a bug. 

It was a while ago.

Either way it was fixed and DE have very little reason to rig the drop rates on a per account basis. Just look at the drop rates, They're more then enough to keep things behind grind walls.

Hek, I have great RNG sometimes and horrible RNG at others, sometimes its more balanced.

That one instance (assuming it is relevent) isn't sufficient to support OP's assertion or motive for DE going down that path.

i came to this conclusion after extensive playing. the seed for my account is not good. whenever i host or play solo i get crap (common mods, drops, resources, etc).

if i join one of my lucky seed friend we always get the good stuff

a couple of weeks ago i used a promo code for 2x resource drops and spent about 1000p on various things in the game. my luck totally changed for a week all across the board and i got rare resources from extractos daily (this after using them nonstop since they came out and maybe getting them 1/mo), getting rare mods in every mission, rare prime parts almost every time i ran a void mission (got almost all the new prime parts in less than 10 runs each). the "luck" change was drastic and consistent all across the board.

my testing was done by playing the game for a long time and has shown me it's definitely not random or "luck"

I don't think you understand how RNG works.

The thing about RNG (not that its ever truly 100% balanced) is that you are just as likely to have consistent horrible luck as you are consistent good luck, or even a decent mix.

Correlation does not always equal causation, not to mention you would need a much larger sample size and sufficient supporting evidence, which you don't have, to make such a conclusion even remotely more accurate.

By contrast my luck with RNG (I'm mostly solo so no changes in seeds are relevant) regularly fluctuate from good to ban and all things inbetween.

How does that fit into your theory?

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Off topic.....

Some MMO use Progressive drop chance in [cash]gachapon items

Progressive drop chance is something like this

Start - drop chance 5%

Rolled 10 times - drop chance 15%

Rolled 20 times - drop chance 25%

.... and on

Once the item you want dropped that item's drop chance resets to 5%.

I hope to see this thing lessen the grind in WF too.

Edited by Volinus7