Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny's Guardians Vs Warframe's Tenno

(XBOX)BURRITO DEVIL

Going to have to reply to that edit

Samus stomps the Tenno, and Master Chief stands as the Tenno do some herp derp parkour moves and throws a mongoose attached with a plasma grenade at them. Or just snipes them from half way accros the map with his pinpoint accuracy.

Are you implying Master Chef can beat Samus?

Hang on let me just find that gif.... ah here it is.

giphy.gif

Samus can bench press WHALES that are durable enough to swim through lava.

I mean he wouldn't beat the Tenno either, but the mere idea of Master Chief putting up a fight against Samus is ludicrous.

giphy.gif

I mean he wouldn't beat the Tenno either, but the mere idea of Master Chief putting up a fight against Samus is ludicrous.

Samus because bewbzz

Edited by TheoreticallyChaotic

The Grineer are the first enemies encountered by newly reawakened Tenno. They utilize technologically crude but undeniably effective weapons. More than one Tenno has fallen because they underestimated the accuracy of a Grineer Lancer with their Grakata rifles while waiting for shields to recharge.

Again you guys hype the Tenno up as unstoppable killing machines who can god stomp any super soldier of a alternate game when they have trouble with plebs. Grineer and Corpus suck and would be annihilated in other scifi verses.

I really wish death battle would do a Tenno vs Samus or Master Cheif. Samus stomps the Tenno, and Master Chief stands as the Tenno do some herp derp parkour moves and throws a mongoose attached with a plasma grenade at them. Or just snipes them from half way accros the map with his pinpoint accuracy.

I do not see any such information that is stating a Grineer Lancer was capable of killing a Tenno. 

A lone Tenno is more than enough to wipe out a Grineer settlement. In various Warframe trailers, it has been shown that the Tenno possess very much superior capabilities and endurance. Example, in the Tombs of The Sentients, an Excalibur casually solo'd his way up through a Grineer base to regroup with his squad. In the Reawakening(?) trailer, a group of 3 Tenno wiped out a full squad of Grineer despite being outnumbered, while also successfully defending the newly awakened Excalibur.

The Grineer/Corpus were only successful in downing several Tenno, due to certain circumstances, such as weakened Tenno who were recently reawakened, or utilizing specialized anti-Tenno units such as the Gurstag-3 or Zanuka.

Heck, even a Mirage, one of the more fragile Warframes, was capable of solo-ing a legion of Sentients, and these Sentients aren't some brain-dead soldiers, these are some hyper-intelligent beings that are capable of adapting and evolve under any circumstances. Also to add, a Mag Prime tanked a ship-busting laser beam, before taking off with her Archwing and saving the narrator of the codex in the process.

Sure, Master Chief would win a solo battle against a lone Tenno, though it's dependant on which Tenno is he facing. Nova would just atomize him with a touch of anti-matter, some frames like Loki would probably get stomped by Master Chief, etc.

Edited by SeraIngvir

Sure, Master Chief would win a solo battle against a lone Tenno, though it's dependant on which Tenno is he facing. Nova would just atomize him with a touch of anti-matter, some frames like Loki would probably get stomped by Master Chief, etc.

In single combat with Gen 2 armor he might beat one of the squishy frames. Probably not as a "squishy" frame fought an "overwhelming" (Keep in mind the average amount of soldiers a Tenno fight are hundreds) amount of Sentient soldiers with her bare hands without shields or energy after being attacked by a sentient ship.

In single combat with Gen 2 armor he might beat one of the squishy frames. Probably not as a "squishy" frame fought an "overwhelming" (Keep in mind the average amount of soldiers a Tenno fight are hundreds) amount of Sentient soldiers with her bare hands without shields or energy after being attacked by a sentient ship.

Yeah, the Tenno have some crazy endurance feats.

The Sentients, these are beings that were hyper-intelligent, and were capable of infinite feats of adapting and evolving, was 11/10 stomping anything the Orokin threw at them, be it war-engineered Grineer clones, the Infested, etc. And yet this lone Mirage made a horde of them look like fodder.

What Chief beating Samus and Tenno ?

Samus beating Tenno to a bloody pulp I fully agree, but Chief ????!

Samus is quite above the level of any Tenno, MC, Guardians whatever.

She isn't a mook hero tier btw. She is comic book level and has ridiculous feats.

And Chief can't beat Tenno.

Too many esoteric powers to counter.

A squish frame like Mirage will blind and kill him straight in the face.

Even though he isn't looking at prism.

Because void magic.

And Nyx can mind control AI, whats stopping her from turning Cortana and MC against each other ?

Bear in mind matching him against the squish frames is probably the baddest idea, since they have the strongest CC powers :3

Edited by fatpig84

I think people compare them gameplay wise too much. We still have balance issues, you know...

However, even lore wise Tenno are very skilled and powerful, considering that we might have destroyed 1 powerful civilisation, nearly destroyed another, even more powerful and constantly in war against 3 others.

We earned ourselves quiet a name, while guardians... To be honest i don't know their lore but it seems their world is in even more S#&$ than Tenno's, which just might be their fault.

Edited by Artek94

I have a hard time imagining any scifi faction standing a chance against the Tenno.

Though it's clearly obvious Tenno would whup Guardians from Destiny, I'd like to think a better match up against the Tenno would be someone like Samus Aran. I've played all her games and from what I've seen in Warframe, she has a good chance at defeating many of the Tenno.

Though it's clearly obvious Tenno would whup Guardians from Destiny, I'd like to think a better match up against the Tenno would be someone like Samus Aran. I've played all her games and from what I've seen in Warframe, she has a good chance at defeating many of the Tenno.

This got my interest, what kind of feats does Samus possess?

This got my interest, what kind of feats does Samus possess?

Running hundreds of miles an hour (at full sprint; she can't circle-strafe at that speed, but she can shoot), able to jump an unlimited times in midair, able to cloak herself in a highly-destructive plasma shield (only in midair for some reason), super strength, infrared and x-ray vision, and a plasma cannon that can either freeze enemies with near-absolute zero attacks or just vaporize vehicles

Basically, take the new Sonicor, give it 4x mutishot and a firerate of nearly 5 rounds a second, and you have Samus's arm cannon on the "medium low" setting

Edited by TARINunit9

Running hundreds of miles an hour, able to jump an unlimited times in midair, able to cloak herself in a highly-destructive plasma shield (only in midair for some reason), super strength, infrared and x-ray vision, and a plasma cannon that can either freeze enemies with near-absolute zero attacks or just vaporize vehicles

Basically, take the new Sonicor, give it 4x mutishot and a firerate of nearly 5 rounds a second, and you have Samus's arm cannon on the "medium low" setting

The funny thing is this is just the tip of the iceberg. If I were to summarize Samus, she's basically a superhuman with probably the most advanced sci-fi technology I've seen yet. 

Her Visor is pretty much omniscient, tapping into endless information and capable of scanning anything and informing her of how it works, if it's a threat, and how to kill it. Has X-ray, Thermo, Dimensional (She can see AND attack Limbo even in the rift) and Echo vision.

Her arm cannon combos with her missiles(as of now ice missiles) to produce literal weapons of mass destruction.

She has her standard beam weapon, then ice, fire, plasma, dark, light, wave, annihilator, Imperialist, battlehammer, volt driver, magmual, judicator, shock coil, and phazon.  Some examples of her most op "Super Missile" combos is Dark Burst, able to make a literal black hole, and the Sonic Boom (As described from the Metroid Wiki) "An incredibly powerful weapon that distort's the fabric of space and time"

Not to mention I haven't even mentioned Hypermode yet, where all her attacks become Phazon-powered, which If you want an idea of what that is, Give Samus an Opticor that deals endless Corrosive, Radiation, and Blast damage all in 1, making Rhino's Iron skin look like he splayed butter on himself. Oh and her arm cannon absorbs energy.

Her armor as mentioned earlier can envelop itself in destructive kinetic energy that vaporizes anything that gets close to it, can morph into a sphere of kinetic energy capable of dropping mini nukes or bombs, and can tank nukes for days. If that's not impressive enough, she's defeated an entity who literally made a planet full of it's self-healing/fueling power source, and then blew it up, and on many occasions wiped out legions of enemies and eradicated entire species.

Not making any of this up. Samus in her Prime is a literal ! kicking goddess of destruction.

Only frames I see are capable of giving her a run for her money would probably be Nyx (because of mind controlling abilities, though she's dealt with Phazon corruption which can arguably  be considered similar.) Mag (Samus's shields are pretty crucial to her survival and although she's quick, Shield Polarize would do a number on her assuming she doesn't have time to scan Mag to counter it) and possibly Excalibur and Volt (She might have trouble with Radial Blind and Volt's Speed if not scanned prior.)

Edited by Endymion0

I think it all boils down to one question:

Prime Warframes/Gear, or "modern" Warframes/Gear?

The Orokin were what TVTropes would call a "Sufficiently Advanced Civilization". The day-to-day appliances of an Orokin in the upper castes were downright magical. The Paris Prime, an ordinary-looking bow, is a friggin' miniature particle accelerator, able to "increases the kinetic energy of any bolt it fires" (technically EVERY bow does this, but that's not amazing, so I'm going to assume that the Paris P uses future tech to add much more kinetic energy than is contained within the string and limbs). The Fang Prime, a set of ornamental daggers (i.e. prioritizing form over function) and have no visible moving parts, yet they operate as special vibro-blades that automatically adjust their resonation based on whatever they're touching. The Neural Sentry is an ever-adapting AI system that's able to assimilate inventions from centuries into the future with seemingly no difficulty.

Most importantly, the Orokin were able to make rubidium into an indestructible blade. If you don't know what rubidium is, just know this is tantamount to alchemy.

The Orokin were so amazing, the only thing that could destroy their empire was themselves. And even then it was a slow, gradual destruction that (if I understand events correctly, the Old War took several decades)

The only thing that even begins to compare to the high-end Orokin tech is, since we've decided we want to talk about it, prototype Chozo tech from the Metroid franchise. As Endymion0 pointed, top-of-the-line Chozo battlesuits have more powers and accomplishments than an average DC comics superhero

But modern Warframe gear? Modern gear is significantly inferior. Instead of mastery over the elements of reality itself, modern Corpus tech is simply really really good. Compared to the Orokin it's clunky and takes up more space, but it gets the job done. Non-Prime weapons and Warframes are much the same: devastating power armor, but anything not powered by the Void is very clearly limited to the realm of plasma, motors, and circuitry

giphy.gif

When you fail at trolling because of poor reading comprehension. I said either of them could beat Tenno. Everyone knows Samus would stomp the cheif out in seconds.

Maybe, but given what we DO know, they're somewhat inferior to guardians in-lore. Titans have Superman levels of strength and armour built to withstand basically anything, and warlocks can literally disintegrate you with their mind and have ridiculous amounts of knowledge. Hunters are probably equal to tenno, fnar fnar

That's the discription of Bungie towards the Titans and other classes. I play mainly as a Titan because I just refuse to give up on that chracter because it took me long enough to get him where he is now. But I my Rhino at lvl 23 has more armour and power then my Titan at lvl 40 and Light Level 299.

I must admit I play this game for just a week and I achieved more in this game then in Destiny because here you don't have a company that ignores players and that doesn't do their best effort to put obstacles in the way of their playerbase just to get a bad reward for doing that mission or strike ( mini raid ).

Hell in Destiny everything is RNG  even the rewards in the raids, the last new raid has it even more then the old ones. There is a loottable but the chances of you getting something is purely based on luck.

My clan and I we tried for 4 weeks defeating the Warpriest ( we do have a life beyond video games ) and we defeated him this week for the second time. We tried it for 3 hours and only one clan member got a raid weapon all the others got a Smoldering shard ( an item that should increase the drop rate of rewards in this specific raid). So yeah ...

To make a summary Destiny VS Warframe:

Warframe: rewards you for everything that you do, doesn't put obstacles in every single mission to prevent you getting a reward, has better powers and more value in general for you invested time.

Destiny: put's a lot of obstacles in the way for getting a reward, rewards are based on RNG, rewards that you get are 98% of the time worthless, loot tables who are a total joke, no guaranteed rewards and no value for time invested in that game.

The only reason that I play that game is to help out my clanmates because they need a sixth man to even start up the raid in an attempt to get better gear.

Sorry for the rant my fellow Tennos.

May the blessings of the Lotus be with you fellow Tennos !

Edited by BlackDragon1033

I do not see any such information that is stating a Grineer Lancer was capable of killing a Tenno. 

A lone Tenno is more than enough to wipe out a Grineer settlement. In various Warframe trailers, it has been shown that the Tenno possess very much superior capabilities and endurance. Example, in the Tombs of The Sentients, an Excalibur casually solo'd his way up through a Grineer base to regroup with his squad. In the Reawakening(?) trailer, a group of 3 Tenno wiped out a full squad of Grineer despite being outnumbered, while also successfully defending the newly awakened Excalibur.

The Grineer/Corpus were only successful in downing several Tenno, due to certain circumstances, such as weakened Tenno who were recently reawakened, or utilizing specialized anti-Tenno units such as the Gurstag-3 or Zanuka.

Heck, even a Mirage, one of the more fragile Warframes, was capable of solo-ing a legion of Sentients, and these Sentients aren't some brain-dead soldiers, these are some hyper-intelligent beings that are capable of adapting and evolve under any circumstances. Also to add, a Mag Prime tanked a ship-busting laser beam, before taking off with her Archwing and saving the narrator of the codex in the process.

Go to the Grinner page its right there. This is the consequence of making lore as you go it ends up full of P.I.S like anti matter using nova lol. Plus plot inconsistencies. If Tenno where as strong as you all hype them up to be in debates. The Grineer, Sentients and Corpus should all be extinct. The gameplay of this game makes Tenno look stronger than they should be plus DE has been going to the extreme with their lore lately.

Corpus and Grineer aside from the corpus robots and Grineers heavier units have human level stats and shouldn't even be fielded. The lore having a Tenno fall to a Grineer lancer is like a Spartan falling to a grunt in Halo.

Go to the Grinner page its right there. This is the consequence of making lore as you go it ends up full of P.I.S like anti matter using nova lol. Plus plot inconsistencies. If Tenno where as strong as you all hype them up to be in debates. The Grineer, Sentients and Corpus should all be extinct. The gameplay of this game makes Tenno look stronger than they should be plus DE has been going to the extreme with their lore lately.

Corpus and Grineer aside from the corpus robots and Grineers heavier units have human level stats and shouldn't even be fielded. The lore having a Tenno fall to a Grineer lancer is like a Spartan falling to a grunt in Halo.

"..they can easily down a Warframe caught in the blast.."

Gameplay mechanics =/= lore

I got 1 hit'd by a Lancer while 60 minutes into a Ceres survival, would that validate lore-wise, that the Grineer somewhat possess super-uber-op bullets that manage to break the highly advanced shield a Warframe possess? No.

It's gameplay mechanic.

The evidence of a frame's endurance have been stated in my previous posts, Mirage's fight, Mag's Codex entry, trailers, etc.

Plus, we aren't fighting to completely obliterate both of these factions, we're here to keep the system balanced. It is stated multiple times by the Lotus. We are the force that holds back these factions from being dominant. The Sentients hid and slept, and possibly there were responsible in causing the Tenno betrayal, ensuring the Sentient's survival and the Orokin's fall.

Also, I'd agree that a standard Corpus crewman would likely be around a standard human physique, but yet their weaponry are advanced and deadly. A standard Grineer is far superior than a peak human, they are cloned from the best prints. They are augmented with military modifications upon birth. They are trained, taught, and live to fight. 

Heck, the top-end Grineer soldiers, such as G-3, are basically a bunch of Wolverines with Grineer modification, tainted with the mentality of Pelinal Whitestrake. Also, Tyl Regor, capable of teleportation, FTE feats, etc. The Grineer are certainly not some fodder military.

Only frames I see are capable of giving her a run for her money would probably be Nyx (because of mind controlling abilities, though she's dealt with Phazon corruption which can arguably  be considered similar.) Mag (Samus's shields are pretty crucial to her survival and although she's quick, Shield Polarize would do a number on her assuming she doesn't have time to scan Mag to counter it) and possibly Excalibur and Volt (She might have trouble with Radial Blind and Volt's Speed if not scanned prior.)

I would also nominate Frost (Snow Globe is literally invincible for the first four seconds) Equinox (Maim deals Finisher damage which ignores shields and armor, and Rest might be able to slow her down) Valkyr (literal invincibility, plus Rip Cord) Ash (more Finisher damage) and possibly Mesa (Shooting Gallery + Shatter Shield might be able to buy her enough time to whip out the Peacemakers)

They extinguished the orokin and the sentient from their system. Tennos are monsters.