Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny's Guardians Vs Warframe's Tenno

(XBOX)BURRITO DEVIL

EDIT: Okay found the Guardian-OP bit,

https://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/2s61pv/halodestiny_who_would_win_between_3_spartans/?ref=search_posts

Apparently those were past Guardians. So, I'm not entirely sure what are the current-timeline Guardians are capable of.

Current guardians are much weaker. Its stated dozens of times throughout the regular game. As the Travelers light weakens, so do the Guardians, and the Travelers light used to encompass the entire solar system. Now, it barely protects the last city of mankind.

Also, one frame would give them one hell of a time. One frame. Loki. Radial Disarm + Invisibility. Closest to that they have is Shadowhunter but that does not impede you using your guns, just your abilities and movement which is closer to Nova's Molecular Prime. Loki jams all their guns forcing them to fiddle with them until they get them working, more than enough time for the Tenno to jump that &#!. Hell, just target a Guardians Ghost. A good measure of a Guardians power is within that Ghost, get rid of the Ghost, bye bye Guardian.

Guadians win! 

On a dance off contest!

Can we get dance emotes on Warframe?

On another note...

Seriously, Tenno wins because they have 4 abilities compared to 1 for the Guardians. Using Saryn and pressing 4 for Miasma I think Guardians will go bye-bye. I can summon Specter(s) and use health restore, and large team health, shield and ammo consumables. And my kubrow will give the Guardian some added trouble.

A lot of Warframe will be out-of-context problems for Destiny if we take it literally. There's a frame, for example, that punches you so hard YOUR SOUL EXPLODES. He can also punch a dead guy so hard HIS SOUL COMES BACK TO LIFE.

Do you know how that works? I @(*()$ don't.

You can't explain that.

Edited by mithie2

A lot of Warframe will be out-of-context problems for Destiny if we take it literally. There's a frame, for example, that punches you so hard YOUR SOUL EXPLODES.

SO METAL

Also, Nova, who conveniently does not atomize the whole planet while vomitting anti-matter particles all over the place.

The Void imprint... it's old. I see... Worm ships coming out of punch! A Warframe fighting Sentients... shields are failing...

I see the Sentients crashing down on her, dying in overwhelming numbers. Now she's out of energy, I'm telling her to go but she's laughing, tearing their heads off as they swarm.

I get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever i read about the Tenno in the old Mirage, i love it. She is killing a swarm of Sentients, the faction that adapts to the damage they take, without shields or energy and laughing while doing it. It's no wonder the Tenno are viewed as monsters.

So, one question that came up after reading all the pages that came after my post, if the Tenno are stronker without wearing their frames or by being a prototype, how would have Atlas and Booben been like?

Atlas is kinda like Rhino, but he has all his strength focused into his arms and fists, so would a punch by "Proto Atlas" be like God Goku and Beerus colliding in space? ._. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, they basically punched each others fists so hard that some weird energy was released, so if they did this 3 times, the whole universe would just shatter.

Would his Rumblers be like...goddamn...Mount everrest? Would his petrify turn enemys into diamonds?

And what about Booben? Would he have some sort of death laser blast out of one of the balls he throws? Would his tesla release something like a 50 Giga watts electrical current? What about Vortex? portable black hole anyone?

Edited by DJ_Vauban

Speed-wise? They're at best bullet-timers. Anything capable of FTE/FTL-ing will casually speedblitz them to death.

Speed goes peak human < Superhuman < FTE < Supersonic < Bullet Timing < Hypersonic < Relativistic < FTL

FTE means faster than the eye can see.

Just wanted to point that out

How about super Sayans or Marvel/DC characters vs Tenno those are at-least debatable.

Super sayans get more powerful the more they lose, or when they face a strong person. Tenno would destroy the Dragon balls and kill goku and he's gone forever, and we have literally immortal warframe how can a monkey compete with that?

Looking at how both games are portrayed, Tenno would win.

Tenno are described as being living warmachines, capable of taking on huge hoards with little effort.

Guardians, while holding the power of Light, are still human, and have the limitations that brings to the table, regardless of what powers they can use.

That's the equivalent of saying "you didn't say that the guardians have their skin."

He also disregards the fact that the frames don't actually give the tenno powers, they are nothing more than conduits for focusing the powers of the tenno within, they refine their powers so to speak. For all we know a tenno without their suit could be far more destructive, as it is no longer filtered and would just be raw energy. (think like cyclops from the x-men, he uses his eye wear to focus his powers and make them easier to control, without them however his ability is just as destructive if not more)

Though I haven't played Destiny, I have a hard time imagining any scifi faction standing a chance against the Tenno.

With their extreme speed, damage output, and slew of reality-bending powers, the Tenno are one step short of godhood.

Heck, not even dying is enough to stop them.

ahem starwars Jedi have more than extreme speed And reaction time. Coupled with lightsabers cabable of slashing a unshielded tenno in two regardless of how much armor they may have.

Tenno without their warframe is actually more scary...

warframe didn't actually give tenno power...it is for something else;)

This is actually very true. Within the lore we're told that the Warframes are there to concentrate and focus the Tenno's powers. Without the warframes, It's unknown just how truly powerful Tenno can be. Warframes, while conduits, are also restraints.

....Considering that there are at least three weapons in the game that are laser-based (Flux Rifle, Spectra, Opticor), and the fact that we have no trouble parrying them either.. Wouldn't that put Tenno at a much higher tier of reaction speed because.. Yanno.. Lasers are just light, after all? And two of those are continuous streams at that.

Or, if you want to get technical, EM radiation moving at C or near C of a suitable intensity all directed in a uniform path rather than simply outward at random.

Edited by Terumitsu

Anyone who thinks that the Tenno would beat Guardians in a fight is missing the forest for the trees.

Guardians have a much better version of immortality than the Tenno, meaning even if the Tenno can beat them one on one the Guardians can respawn until they win by attrition.

It gets a bit more interesting when you pit them against each other on a war footing. Here the Guardians run into the same problem as no matter how many Tenno they take out in combat they can just come back in a new or repaired warframe.

Neither are particularly great at holding ground, which hurts the Tenno more than the Guardians because they need to take out the Last City to cut them off from the Traveller's Light, having no access to the Darkness. Of course the Tenno resemble guerrilla's from your worst nightmares and have no formal infrastructure to rely on, everything they need they take with them. That stops the Guardians from crippling the Tenno with surgical strikes on key targets, meaning they have to stage a decapititating strike on the Lotus, which I'm not sure is even possible. You essentially have a very destructive stalemate with each side hitting the infrastructure of the other but being unable to make any permanent headway.

The only way to 'win' for either side is to have strategic goals they can accomplish that don't involve the destruction of the other. This puts the Tenno ahead for two reasons, they are led by the Lotus rather than the three Vanguard leaders of the Guardians and the Lotus is focused on balance rather than military dominance. Specifically balance via weakening the infrastructure of hostile nations. Which is something that the Guardians will have a hard time stopping even if they can't be beaten, as that was never the goal of the Lotus.  

Anyone who thinks that the Tenno would beat Guardians in a fight is missing the forest for the trees.

Guardians have a much better version of immortality than the Tenno, meaning even if the Tenno can beat them one on one the Guardians can respawn until they win by attrition.

Assuming you are referring to the Ghost. Yeah, no, Ghost can die as well. The Hive have killed many Ghosts, draining them of all their energy. Hell, Thralls are stated to eat ghosts. Basically, Ghosts aren't immune to death either. Guardians are only immortal for long as their ghost exists and they ghost MUST appear outside of the guardians body to revive them, wide open easy target.

Assuming you are referring to the Ghost. Yeah, no, Ghost can die as well. The Hive have killed many Ghosts, draining them of all their energy. Hell, Thralls are stated to eat ghosts. Basically, Ghosts aren't immune to death either. Guardians are only immortal for long as their ghost exists and they ghost MUST appear outside of the guardians body to revive them, wide open easy target.

The Hive can kill Ghosts, using the Darkness to counteract the Traveller's Light.

The Cabal have no idea how to kill Ghosts aside from taking advantage of pre-existing Darkness zones. Conventional weaponry won't do it, the Cabal start poking the Hive because none of their available tech can kill the Guardians. Impressive as the Tenno are, their abilities aren't much greater than vehicular weaponry that the Cabal have access to, at least until DE introduce deform-able terrain into their maps ;)