Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Key Leechers (Keyshares)

boneyflesh

Apparently warframe has no rules or penalty for players who bail in a keyshare.

I just submitted a support ticket with screenshots of the event when a particular tenno  bailed out on our keyshare but the DE just said that they cant do anything to players like this one.

its so sad though, i mean i have evidence of him bailing out and they couldn't, at least, just suspend him. T_T

sad-cat.jpg

Edited by boneyflesh
Don't name and shame on the forums please

This is why I don't keyshare. I just host keys or join keys. This way I don't have the issue.

The person could have net issues or an emergency. Or a time limit. This is why there is not action to be taken.

I would suggest a keyshare hi but the aforementioned situations could still happen

Suspending a person for not doing a key share would be a bit harsh, but I do understand where you are coming from as this happened alot more when mesa was released.

I think that these people who bail out of key shares(with proof) should just not be allowed to leech other peoples keys(kinda like trade lock but for specific key accessed areas)This would mean that they could still join partys in normal missions that dont require a key or they can use their key to still be in a party, or they should give warnings to the other party members that this person has been know to bail out of key shares and proceed at their own risk(warning would not show up if the accused person is using their key)

It's not DE's problem.

yeah it isnt,,  i just wanna put it out here though, share some of my experience..

Suspending a person for not doing a key share would be a bit harsh, but I do understand where you are coming from as this happened alot more when mesa was released.

I think that these people who bail out of key shares(with proof) should just not be allowed to leech other peoples keys(kinda like trade lock but for specific key accessed areas)This would mean that they could still join partys in normal missions that dont require a key or they can use their key to still be in a party, or they should give warnings to the other party members that this person has been know to bail out of key shares and proceed at their own risk(warning would not show up if the accused person is using their key)

Good idea,, hope they can code this out  and implement this in the game

So in theory i could leech like a MOFO from these keyshares bailing out when i have to use my key?

DE should do something. This is their game and injust people should be punished.

yes you can,, not just theoretically though but factual.

i really hope they'll  be able to find a way to prevent this but i think they're still busy with U18.

I assume by key leeching you mean like people bailing out on defense void when they get a prime part?

Thats easy to fix, make the mission leave a majority vote (2/2 tie still continues the mission).

umm not particulary defense void misisons, cuz keyshares for defense is just not a thing for me but keyshares like

T4E,T4MD,T4sab,T3sab, those kind of rare keys.

lets say T4E,its like when the three of our squad already used our keys and its that leechers turn but he wont use his key cuz he might be thinking that chances for the reward to drop is low, so hell just leave the squad.

funny thing is, i invited him and the status says his offline. so i told my squad to wait for a while.

then he went online again, and i invited him again but then he went offline again.

we waited for him a bit then he went back online again, then i PM'd him and he wont even reply.. coincidence? i think not.

umm not particulary defense void misisons, cuz keyshares for defense is just not a thing for me but keyshares like

T4E,T4MD,T4sab,T3sab, those kind of rare keys.

lets say T4E,its like when the three of our squad already used our keys and its that leechers turn but he wont use his key cuz he might be thinking that chances for the reward to drop is low, so hell just leave the squad.

funny thing is, i invited him and the status says his offline. so i told my squad to wait for a while.

then he went online again, and i invited him again but then he went offline again.

we waited for him a bit then he went back online again, then i PM'd him and he wont even reply.. coincidence? i think not.

Ah in that case idk what to suggest besides playing with trusted players.

People will pull off crappy stunts like that once they got some neat stuff but DE can't really enforce a rule to that.

Sucks, I thought you were reffering to people ditching on t4 defense and interception because they got some prime parts early on (had two people leave when they got a loki bp on the first wave of interception).

Only thing I could think of is a system where everyone puts in a key right away and you get 4 consecutive runs (up to DE if they lose their key if they bail but regardless the squad still gets 4 runs of the void)

Apparent warframe has no rules or penalty for players who bail in a keyshare.

DE make it plain through the trade system, that they do not enforce player promises. You enter a keyshare at your own risk.

And I personally wouldn't call it sharing. Your *requiring* another player to *pay* for access to your key.

DE make it plain through the trade system, that they do not enforce player promises. You enter a keyshare at your own risk.

And I personally wouldn't call it sharing. Your *requiring* another player to *pay* for access to your key.

Not 100% sure I agree that it is paying for access, LF group "That we all equally contribute to the cost", more of I help you if you help me to achieve the same goal. Leechers are greedy and just out for themselves. I try and avoid them so I just host everything myself so I don't feel bad when they try and take advantage of me.

Keysharing is a purely player-made concept. DE doesn't take part in player politics like because concepts like that are unhealthy for the game thus why theres no in-game interface for such things.

I don't do keyshares and I don't take part in them unless its with my clan or the pug squad I'm in happens to start pulling keys out with no talking about it.

As DE has already said, they won't do anything about promises and such. Back in my day we just hosted keys for the hell of it and out of the goodness of our hearts, not the greedy ways of today

Pretty scumbagish that people can leech keys as much as they want and you aren't even allowed to warn people about their behavior without getting shut down because "no name and shame" (a concept I've found preposterous since I've first heard it). People wonder why video game communities are filled with so much trolls and toxicity, probably has something to do with the fact that that behavior is rarely punished and impossible to warn against.

Keysharing is a purely player-made concept. DE doesn't take part in player politics like because concepts like that are unhealthy for the game thus why theres no in-game interface for such things.

I don't do keyshares and I don't take part in them unless its with my clan or the pug squad I'm in happens to start pulling keys out with no talking about it.

As DE has already said, they won't do anything about promises and such. Back in my day we just hosted keys for the hell of it and out of the goodness of our hearts, not the greedy ways of today

Player made concept, DE is not responsible for the loss, but you do have to agree that when all players find a lobby and agree to share keys then one decides to back out because of greed its kind of a S#&$ty thing to do. Where the other players are being honest and trying to find other honest players to relieve the pain of the terrible grind wall for some hard to find parts or rarer keys. All these other players are looking for a way to keep people honest when they say "They want to participate in a keyshare".

You dont do key shares and thats find and even pulling out random keys when you are not obligated is still perfectly fine. If these leachers would not partake in key shares this whole discussion would be mute. But we are talking about these people who go looking for keyshares intending to screw people by lieing to them saying they have a key or displaying a key then refusing to use it. It hurts the moral of honest players .

Maybe the solution is to make keys less of a grind and have it consume one for everyone also allowing people to party up automatically instead of forcing premade,

How to make keys less of a grind, "Insert Mission type here" missions give 100% chance of rewarding "same mission keys here" as end reward, Ext gives Ext keys, Defense missions gives defense keys. Level of mobs determine what Tier of key you get.

How about making friends and bonding with them earn each others trust then do key share with friends?

I do not trust puggers unless their needs line up with mine.

Example if some one is doing a t4D for X prime part and I need the same part, I'll go with them and even offer up a few of my own keys