Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe China New Frame Revealed "nezha"? (Update) [Megathread]

DonGucciRice

Why does Chinaframe get to keep their ears? This is lame. We've been asking for permanent festive cosmetics for ages.

As far as I remember the ears didn't stay because of the uproar on forums that they were ruining the game's aestetic and DE saying that they need to work on the concept of wearable head accessories. The ears looked a bit off on some frame's helmets.

Also woah. I really like how Nehza looks after seeing him in all his glory. Thank god it's not another EB frame. Curious about that healing aura, it's something like Oberon's skills probably.

Let me help you to translate these things.

1. Fire combine with wind

Burn a way ahead, and clear the enemies on the road.

2. Fire flywheel

Throw a burning flywheel with blade on it, when hit the enemy it will generate cure aura, and absorb to the flywheel's position

3. Golden Halo

Set a protective fire halo, terrify the nearby enemies, and cause damage on them.

4. Snake tooth with Purple flame  

Sharp blades vertical come out of the ground,punch through nearby enemies,

((Sorry my English is not such good, but I try to make you understand.))

If you have any questions just ask me, I can help anything in Chinese.

Thank you.

Thanks for posting this (and your description of the powers is fine).

Batman isn`t quite relevant to cultural antquity of the same calibre, or even religious reference, nor is he public domain. So it isn`t actually like making a Batman frame at all, its like making a warframe based off Dracula, Siegfried, Thor or Babayaga or something.

And the only reason a character named Loki has little that is distinctly from the character, is because Loki isn`t very distinct in the first place. He has no consistent weapons, ornaments or appearance in general.

If a frame was made and named Thor on the othet hand then you better believer its getting a hammer move in its moveset somewhere. Thats a much more apt comparison.

That's fair, and a possibly a better comparison.

Of course, I would detest the idea of a Thor-frame too. Again, it would be too much of a copy paste job for an entire warframe, and warframe design shouldn't be based around characters from mythos, rather just named after them in honour with only slight relation.

Well China wasn't open for when they were released, so it may be a limited event.

Still I want those to be permanent.

It isn't Easter in China, is it? If it's permanent I'm gonna displeased. A lot of people wanted that.

As far as I remember the ears didn't stay because of the uproar on forums that they were ruining the game's aestetic and DE saying that they need to work on the concept of wearable head accessories. The ears looked a bit off on some frame's helmets.

Also woah. I really like how Nehza looks after seeing him in all his glory. Thank god it's not another EB frame. Curious about that healing aura, it's something like Oberon's skills probably.

Its not like it's a hard fix. Just have a toggle in your settings to hide other people's festive cosmetics. Mustaches and bunny ears and candy cane scythes for everyone that wants em and hidden from those that don't. Bam, solved for everyone. Apparently not too hard for China.

Edited by PublikDomain

Hello, Tenno.

And I also get the skills descriptions.

d1XRkFk.jpg

Let me help you to translate these things.

1. Fire combine with wind

Burn a way ahead, and clear the enemies on the road.

2. Fire flywheel

Throw a burning flywheel with blade on it, when hit the enemy it will generate cure aura, and absorb to the flywheel's position

3. Golden Halo

Set a protective fire halo, terrify the nearby enemies, and cause damage on them.

4. Snake tooth with Purple flame  

Sharp blades vertical come out of the ground,punch through nearby enemies,

((Sorry my English is not such good, but I try to make you understand.))

If you have any questions just ask me, I can help anything in Chinese.

Thank you.

So the people that have been asking for it are finally going to get it.

We are going to get Embro.

A male fire frame.

What other opposite sex frames are we going to get?

Will we finally get Lady Rhino?

I think you misinterpret the purpose of the introduction of these warframes then.

First, you need to understand that the Chinese build of Warframe is managed by a separate developer, Changyou. Good?

Next, notice that the Chinese build has recently went into open beta. So what do these things have to do with anything?

Simple. Marketing. If the people playing the Chinese build see that this new free-to-play game features a character based on the popular Wukong, then some people will think "Oh man! Now that seems pretty cool! I'm a big fan of the "Journey to the West" story! I'll play this game so I can be a space robot version of my favorite, Sun Wukong!". Marketing, son. They are trying to get people to play the game there. If they get into it and like it, then maybe they'll decide to buy Wukong, or maybe some other new cosmetics that came along with him or whatever. It wasn't made for us over on the global build specifically. It just so happens that DE figures it would be a waste of resources to keep a perfectly good new asset from being introduced into the global build. I feel as if the entire reason this is even a topic of whether the characters are original or not is because of people with entitlement issues. 

Yeah, I get that, I've seen other games do this as well. Introduce some sort of Sun Wukong content when a game launches in the Chinese market. And honestly this whole thing was a non-issue for me before Nezha. Wukong might have been a weird sort of mish-mash of abilities by Warframe standards but he was a one-off, a marketing thing to help the launch of Warframe in China, we'd be getting him as well so we won't be left out either and it's all good.

Nezha however, worries me, because it means Wukong is *not* a marketing one off and this sort of Journey to the West character frame could be an ongoing thing. I came to play Warframe not "Journey to the West in space" you know? I just don't want Nezha to set some sort of precedent where we get into a myopic focus on channeling Chinese mythology and every other frame is a direct rip of a Journey to the West character. 

First of I was stunned that it's actually declared the this Nezha is .... male frame. Male really?

This offends my feeleing so bad. Like look at him. Chang Li is much more muscular than him, even Merlin Monroe is more mascular than this frame. I mean Jezuz, how hard do you have to go on yaoi to make this:)

Next is his lore. OMFG, they really want to make the frames based on some china-only legends like the younger aunt brother uncle sister's granddaughter's aunt's fourth son in law of the Wukong, aka Third Price(more like princess) of Lotus etc. Oh Lord, soon WF will resemble some Santa-Barbara made in Bollywood where all get naked and dance singing some generic song in Hindi. Lotus will appera to be Nah Tah Chang the mother of Hayden Tenno, the sister of the Grineer sisters and the younger daughter of the Vey Hek and Tyl Regor grown in secret labs of Uranus.

Why the frame itself looks just like Chan Li from SF series while being male. (poopcorn choking, puking and getting out of here)

U6mZr.jpg

- thanks to the guy above.

Edited by YourMoms

Why does Chinaframe get to keep their ears? This is lame. We've been asking for permanent festive cosmetics for ages.

Im so happy they dont. If im forced to see bunny ears and silly stuff whole year long i would probably just not play the game.

Now if they make it that only the client who uses said cosmetics can see them - im totaly fine whit that.

I think I have an idea what the next Chinese-exclusive warframe will look like. Probably a combination of this...

O-082GR-2.jpg

The happy Buddha

... and this...

Pure-Signed-Chinese-Brass-Carved-ShouXin

The god of Longevity

Right? I mean, all they can ever create is Chinese Mythology-inspired characters, in any game.

I think you misinterpret the purpose of the introduction of these warframes then.

First, you need to understand that the Chinese build of Warframe is managed by a separate developer, Changyou. Good?

Next, notice that the Chinese build has recently went into open beta. So what do these things have to do with anything?

Simple. Marketing. If the people playing the Chinese build see that this new free-to-play game features a character based on the popular Wukong, then some people will think "Oh man! Now that seems pretty cool! I'm a big fan of the "Journey to the West" story! I'll play this game so I can be a space robot version of my favorite, Sun Wukong!". Marketing, son. They are trying to get people to play the game there. If they get into it and like it, then maybe they'll decide to buy Wukong, or maybe some other new cosmetics that came along with him or whatever. It wasn't made for us over on the global build specifically. It just so happens that DE figures it would be a waste of resources to keep a perfectly good new asset from being introduced into the global build. I feel as if the entire reason this is even a topic of whether the characters are original or not is because of people with entitlement issues. 

ChangYou is a publisher, not a developer. DE is the developer for the Chinese build. ChangYou publishes it and determines prices.

First of I was stunned that it's actually declared the this Nezha is .... male frame. Male really?

This offends my feeleing so bad. Like look at him. Chang Li is much more muscular than him, even Merlin Monroe is more mascular than this frame. I mean Jezuz, how hard do you have to go on yaoi to make this:)

Next is his lore. OMFG, they really want to make the frames based on some china-only legends like the younger aunt brother uncle sister's granddaughter's aunt's fourth son in law of the Wukong, aka Third Price(more like princess) of Lotus etc. Oh Lord, soon WF will resemble some Santa-Barbara made in Bollywood where all get naked and dance singing some generic song in Hindi. Lotus will appera to be Nah Tah Chang the mother of Hayden Tenno, the sister of the Grineer sisters and the younger daughter of the Vey Hek and Tyl Regor grown in secret labs of Uranus.

Why the frame itself looks just like Chan Li from SF series while being male. (poopcorn choking, puking and getting out of here)

U6mZr.jpg

- thanks to the guy above.

Nezha typically had the body frame of a young boy, not a full grown man, and he has no actual game lore yet.

Edited by UrielColtan

Like Nalakuvara.

You`re right, Krishna is small potatoes, and China only has 2 deities, and none which are just the same shared dieties merely renamed.

DE also isn`t the one making the frames either.

Lol don't be such a tryhard, even Ganesha is a better option, at least the frame would look astonishing but you must know about astras; 1)pick an astra, 2)find the respective god/hero 3)develope frame 4)be a badass

Im just wondering is this gonna be ''THE thing'' like there are so many other themes.

INb4 : atlas,archer 

Yeah but lets all be honest its leaning heavily to Chinese its something i kinda dont like seing in Warframe 

(2-3) would be cool but if this continues its gona become so anoying

From so manyyyy ideas on forum why is this a THING ?

WE NEED DIVERSITY in the game .

Edited by TennoPain

So many different cultures in this world why get ''stucked on chinese its a bit too much come on milions of other ideas are out there why just chinese i dont understand it 

China Warframe is focusing on their own culture, the Universal Warframe has diversity. 

I think it's just a matter of impression...

The Chinese concept frames are released after the collaboration between Changyou and DE is known, so for some people it feels like "suddenly many frames are leaning towards Chinese concepts and mythologies"

If they were being released separately throughout the time subtly, it won't be that dramatic and so sudden that makes some people feel that Changyou is influencing the design process of DE.

But after all, when the China version warframe release a frame base on the their own culture, the international warframe will have to include them because that's what so many people cried for "don't make some frames only exclusive to China!! It's not fair!!"

But then now when they give them to us. some people also cried "why so many Chinese-based concepts!?!"  It doesn't help that when they China version release a new one, there are always Passionate people to dig out the news and post it here saying something pretended to be neutral "oh the China is getting a new frame!" making it out loud.

Actually, if the release were being more subtle, like Equinox, which based the concept of Yin-yang, there hadn't been much similar repelling reactions.

I think people just generally having a bad image on China, due to the successfully done media influence, and combine their impression to everything of the country.

Even though you may not be fond of the country, contents based on the ancient culture or story shouldn't be affected by such impression as they are basically exclusive. Culture and history are innocent, don't even mention they are just inspiration of game design.

Be a more open-mind and civilized person and live up to the name you think you really deserve.

Edited by climatiseur

I think people just generally having a bad image on China, due to the successfully done media influence, and combine their impression to everything of the country.

Even though you may not be fond of the country, contents based on the ancient culture or story shouldn't be affected by such impression as they are basically exclusive. Culture and history are innocent, don't even mention they are just inspiration of game design.

Be a more open-mind and civilized person and live up to the name you think you really deserve.

Shsss.... hush. Don't tell them that.

The Western media have done an awesome job. And I think developments in China have been favorable because that... and who knows, maybe can become superpower while everyone still drunk in their own blindness and ignorance. Well, actually, they still have a lot more to do, like hiring more engineers, building more roads connecting & bringing more advances to the rural areas, etc.

I mean after China is all about dragon and kungfu, right?! Lol.