Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Good Weapons Fused To Create A Depressingly Meh Weapon: Twin Basolk

Genji

"The Twin Basolk are nasty little hatchets that slice through steel as if it were flesh."

1st thought's:

Aww yeah! Time to slice & crit my way to- oh wait... 0 slash damage, almost non existent crit.

Welp, that is ok, it's time to unleash the chains of flames & char, oh wait, well that part of the Atomos didn't make it.... 

By the power of the Zoren I'll swing like the win....d. Ehh, more like slumming these around.

Well they look AWESOME & like the Silva & Aegis after appearance, that is just about where the good times end.

This is like the Panthera all over again. The sad child of better weapons.

Edited by Genjinaro

high status.

So they seem to be made for status effects.

yes status, a stat that is mostly useless in melee play, you want crits because that means beserker which means high attack speed, which means higher DPS which means you can also increase the combo multiplier faster

over all critical chance melee weapons are always goign to be better than status chance melee weapons

yes status, a stat that is mostly useless in melee play, you want crits because that means beserker which means high attack speed, which means higher DPS which means you can also increase the combo multiplier faster

over all critical chance melee weapons are always goign to be better than status chance melee weapons

You can CC like mad with high status.

CCing means you can freely move around because people wont be shooting at your face.

I know dmg=good but there are other modes of play.

But they don't even have any slash. They're AXES. And 5% crit is depressing.

Maybe you are using the piercing head of the axe?

Or maybe we're using the blade of the axe, which is how it's held and swung and how you primarily use axes

Why is there an expectation that every new weapon has to (essentially) be the new meta?

There isn't. There's simply an expectation for every new weapon to not have stats that make it mastery fodder.

If it's not as viable as the numerous other options, why bother? That's how it works for (probably) most people. It takes two weapons to build and is worse than both of them. Yes, fun matters, but people can have more fun using a dual weapon that arguably doesn't suck.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Why is there an expectation that every new weapon has to (essentially) be the new meta?

Because in this case, it required a metagame secondary weapon and a near-metagame (behind Prisma Cleavers and slightly behind Dual Ichors) melee weapon to produce a monstrosity that nobody would dream of taking into a T4 mission for serious gameplay.

Obviously nobody has a problem that it's not the new end-all and be-all metagame melee or something, but this weapon is overall worse than the melee that it used as an ingredient. Even if it wasn't, it's still a near straight downgrade to some of the other no-crit axes out there, which is reason enough to not bother using this weapon for anything other than mastery.

Edited by SortaRandom

CCing means you can freely move around because people wont be shooting at your face.

I know dmg=good but there are other modes of play.

a high attack speed on melee means more hits more hits means more chances of a status proc, so again in the end critical chance still beats status chance

Or maybe we're using the blade of the axe, which is how it's held and swung and how you primarily use axes

There isn't. There's simply an expectation for every new weapon to not have stats that make it mastery fodder.

If it's not as viable as the numerous other options, why bother? That's how it works for (probably) most people.

considering that its quite an expensive weapon, I expected it to perform half as decent.

considering that its quite an expensive weapon, I expected it to perform half as decent.

Indeed. I'm not expecting every new thing to blast through T4 survival at 50 minutes, cus that's more creep we don't need, but it'd be nice to have a weapon that's at least worth the time.

Yes, two decent weapon into a bad one for sure.  Even with high status chance, the Dual Zoren still out class this weapon.  The weapons to make this weapon doesn't even come close to what it could have been.  Increase the weapon to Rank 10-12 to use.  Keep the same Stats but add in more crits, more attack speed, and more critical multiplier.  At lease then it'll be Dual Ichor upgrade.

But if DE wanted to make a high Status Chance dual sword weapon they should've just made one versus having two weapon, degrade into one.  If any it should be an upgrade of the two weapon, that just doesn't make sense.  

Example: Rifle + Shotgun, and you'll make a SPR (special purpose rifle).  I mean you can't compare video game into real life, but I'm just saying.

Suggest:

Roughly Stats: Twin Basolk

Mastery Rank: 12

Elemental Dmg: 45

Crit Chance: 25%

Crit Multiplier: 3.0

Status Chance: 25%

Attack Spd: 1.0

high status.

So they seem to be made for status effects.

^This, and...

^This.

There are melee weapons that stagger enemies on hit, you don't even need to wait for that status proc. Argument invalid.

Edited by ShortCat

There isn't. If this was a standalone market weapon noone would bat an eye. But this thing is made out of a two high tier weapons. One of which is from the same class and outclasses it, by far. Like Zorens do more than triple the damage Baslok does. All weapons that are built from other items either make a better version or a sidegrade. 

Baslok has low damage, low speed, low crit and high status. Regardless of how you think of status, going from 2 pros and 2 cons to 1 pro and 3 cons for a combination item doesn't make sense. Also, obviously, each pro feeds into each other (crit feeds into speed, speed feeds into status etc) and that harts Baslok even more.

I would recommend either buffing Baslok's crit to 20% chance 2.5 multiplier or raise it's base damage to 70-80. A slow, hard hitting dual sword weapon is something we don't have currently, which might make it interesting.

"The Twin Basolk are nasty little hatchets that slice through steel as if it were flesh."

1st thought's:

Aww yeah! Time to slice & crit my way to- oh wait... 0 slash damage, almost non existent crit.

Welp, that is ok, it's time to unleash the chains of flames & char, oh wait, well that part of the Atomos didn't make it.... 

By the power of the Zoren I'll swing like the win....d. Ehh, more like slumming these around.

Well they look AWESOME & like the Silva & Aegis after appearance, that is just about where the good times end.

This is like the Panthera all over again. The sad child of better weapons.

I watched Mogamus video... mass stat creating knockdowns + finishers galore vs timid stats, slow speed and low crit. Looks fun IMO and unlike Panthera its REALLY to acquire both weapons needed (two argon about only legit hurdle).

Edited by (XB1)Skode

I watched Mogamus video... mass stat creating knockdowns + finishers galore vs timid stats, slow speed and low crit. Looks fun IMO and unlike Panthera its REALLY to acquire both weapons needed (two argon about only legit hurdle).

But we ALL know that paper DPS is the ONLY viable stat in any video game. That is the ONLY definition of fun, the weapon stats. NOTHING else matters.

No one even needs to TRY it in game to know just how badly it sucks because well, EVERYONE has the SAME definition of fun and 'they' say it isn't fun so it CAN'T POSSIBLY be fun for ANYONE.

Anyone who disagrees is a moron and should be burnt at the stake, drawn and quartered, hanged by the neck until dead and THEN shot because one of those simply isn't enough to sate the bloodlust of people who want THEIR fun to be the ONLY way to play the game.

(I am reserving judgement until I have tried it. Last time I took someone's word for this? They told me the Glaive sucked. They never BOTHERED to figure out how to throw it. They just looked at the stats and well.. it had to suck. Because they saw the stats. 1 week later I tried it and then told the 'OMG THE ONLY THING IS THE STATS' fools to shove their idea of 'proper weapons' where the sun doesn't shine and I haven't looked back. I may find it fun, I may not. But no, I am NOT going to take THEIR word for it. Anyone's.)

Edited by Kalenath

But we ALL know that paper DPS is the ONLY viable stat in any video game. That is the ONLY definition of fun, the weapon stats. NOTHING else matters.

No one even needs to TRY it in game to know just how badly it sucks because well, EVERYONE has the SAME definition of fun and 'they' say it isn't fun so it CAN'T POSSIBLY be fun for ANYONE.

Anyone who disagrees is a moron and should be burnt at the stake, drawn and quartered, hanged by the neck until dead and THEN shot because one of those simply isn't enough to sate the bloodlust of people who want THEIR fun to be the ONLY way to play the game.

(I am reserving judgement until I have tried it. Last time I took someone's word for this? They told me the Glaive sucked. They never BOTHERED to figure out how to throw it. They just looked at the stats and well.. it had to suck. Because they saw the stats. 1 week later I tried it and then told the 'OMG THE ONLY THING IS THE STATS' fools to shove their idea of 'proper weapons' where the sun doesn't shine and I haven't looked back. I may find it fun, I may not. But no, I am NOT going to take THEIR word for it. Anyone's.)

Where is this coming from? Of course numbers aren't every thing. Hell, if that was the case the Sonicor, new Ignis, Synoid weapons, Atomos (oh my speaking of) would be fodder to most. That obviously isn't true, people love them, they're good.

The argument here is that it doesn't match up or balance out to the weapons is been made from AT ALL, hell heat damage & the axe shape is about as close to relevant as it gets to the crafted items.

If it were a standalone weapon, ok fair but it's not the case.

Where is this coming from? Of course numbers aren't every thing. Hell, if that was the case the Sonicor, new Ignis, Synoid weapons, Atomos (oh my speaking of) would be fodder to most. That obviously isn't true, people love them, they're good.

The argument here is that it doesn't match up or balance out to the weapons is been made from AT ALL, hell heat damage & the axe shape is about as close to relevant as it gets to the crafted items.

If it were a standalone weapon, ok fair but it's not the case.

It was in response to others, not your post.

Just made them. Tried them. They are slow, no question. Not as slow as other weapons. Still trying them out. With radiation damage, Grineer melt.

The point is, not EVERYONE can AFFORD to buy weapon slots every time a new weapon comes out. No, they are not that expensive. No, plat is not that hard to come by at least for me.

The IDEA of taking old, disused weapons and using them to make a new -hopefully better- weapon IS a good one in my opinion. This one... I am on the fence about. I like the idea. I LOVE the look. I DID NOT want to give up my Atamos for it. (didn't actually, made a new one.)

The way I see it, unless you are a compeletionist or going for mastery fodder, you don't HAVE to make it. It is a market weapon. Yes, the costs are dear.

I am wondering why we are suddenly seeing pure elemental weapons like Atamos, Glaxion and Twin Basolk more than I am wondering why we have to use two older weapons to make it.

Edited by Kalenath