Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Believe Warframe Is Going Uphill Or Downhill?

AnOldAlias

I believe it's going uphill. 

The grind is tiresome but I find if it doesn't have a time limit and I take things slow, I really don't mind it so much. Warframe still needs work but I'm patient and look forward to future content. 

i think the phrase 1 step forward 2 steps back applies here

examples new resources added but nothing to use old resources for which leads to huge stock piles. research aka blue resource drops have been ignored so much that their addition seems to have lead no where.

added new enemies but made new enemies spawn with gimmicks or appear only in a few locations

added more use to old weapons by making new weapons cost already made weapons but the stats dont reflect the effort

makes a new warframe but nerfs or alters powers this can also be seen in the mod system when they make build changes to it leaving formaed frames stuck with bad builds

reduced dilution to prime drops but removed old primes making them stupidly expensive

Edited by zerogear5

For me it's uphill for now. But what I personally dislike is the lack of definitive end game and lore. It's at least unorthodox approach but we'll see how it fares in the long run as I've heard at least lore will be better adressed in the future.

Honestly, I think warframe is going downhill. There are a lot of reasons why I think its going downhill, but I'm going to limit this to reasons. Community, and glitches.

1- In general, I think there are respectful warframe players. But in all honestly, I can't even play how I want. Once, I told this guy I was going to use Zephyr in the raid, and he said F*** off and blocked me. I can't play freely. The only way I can play freely is to play solo. Popular frames like Loki, Nova, Mirage, and Saryn probably don't even have this problem because they are way more "useful" then the frames I prefer. I even got banned from a clan appropriately defending my favorite frame, and the clan masters and members disagreed, so they banned and blocked me. This isn't ok, the community need to let people use whatever frame they want. If I don't have fun being forced to play Loki, Nova, saryn, or Mirage, then the games not going to be fun in general.

2- Glitches are also a slight problem. People complain about things that need to be fixed, some are annoying, some absolutely break the ability mechanics. *Cough Cough* Turbulence. Yet, the DE just ignore it and move on. It is not as major as the community, it's just annoying.

After playing for a long time it seems to have an overall trend of improving. It could mostly use some end game/difficulty tweaks but i mean if you look at what this game was a year or two ago it's come a LONG way. I think its more of a two steps forward one step back kind of deal. Mostly improvements but here and there something comes along that is debatable whether or not it's good or bad.

Uphill. Anyone who looks way back to the beginning of open beta and thinks that was better in any way is completely insane and should be institutionalized.

^ This...

The game is leagues better than it was originally...

Even when there's players who say there are lows we still need to realize that its free and constantly gets updates...

You can't say that for 99.9999% of the games available out there...

WF has continued to grow, expand and refresh itself. Now, with the hard look at mandatory mods, weapon leveling, mastery ranks, and enemy scaling, WF can address one if the last serious problems with balance it has. Along with the forth coming star map change, with its changes to mission generation and access to rewards, WF could be breathing in some fresh air in a fun, but challenging course. Remember, that the MMO aspects of the game and F2P nature makes this a marathon, not a sprint. WF is essentially open development. We get the good with the bad while the game comes to life. I for one see things going up from here.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Some areas are stagnant, other are efinitely improving.

DE just can't rework everything at once, so it takes a longtime to reach any one pet preference of any player, so there is this feeling that things are not moving.

We tend to not notice when things are going well, but make a ruckus when things ruffle our feathers.

It is improving.

They are very trigger happy to reduce a warframe or a weapon efficiency fast if its too good. Problem is they do too heavy reduction on those and it can take a long time before they even get back to it. It wouldn't hurt if they managed to change it faster.

Also putting out nerfs the majority of the times isn't always fun for players. We have to spend a lot of time to get the weapon in good condition and only to have it reduced to cookie cutter weapon. This is very dangerous thing to do. Give people less reason to spend time on new weapons coming out or when a certain mod make a weapon too good.

Its still uphill but not by much.