Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Seen An Equinox Lately?

DxAdder

Nope. Not even on Xbox one. Don't see no Equinox, Banshee, Zephyr, Volt, Mag. Its like their extinct. I use them to dust them off a bit.

I play zephyr, equinox solo...I only play public if i am not scanning.

Banshee...well...if it was slightly more effective..sure.

I never see: Atlas, Banshee, Equinox, Volt, Vauban (except on Infested defense; god do I see him there), Ember (again, except infested), Mag, Mesa, Nova or Zephyr. Unless I run the Zephyr. Which I do, from time to time, because I enjoy him and Turbulence is really very good. 

So many grossly underpowered frames. So few grossly overpowered frames. And never shall either end of the spectrum know balance because balance is impossible in a game with endless enemy scaling.

Here is another thing, and I don't know if anyone has fallen into this pattern, but I've gotten to the point where I use certain frames for certain jobs, for instance, for Survival I go with Vulkar, for Defense and Interceptions I use Frost, for captures and testing out weapons I use Rhino prime with the Vanguard helmet. Every once in a while I use a different frame just to change it up but the practical side of me has me use what works the best but that's just me. As for Equinox now that you mention it have not seen him/her in a while.

Equinox isn't really worth the farm that's required to obtain her parts. You're essentially creating THREE warframes once you have everything ready.

maybe not to you. 

also- i could have sworn there was a website that post certain WF user stats constantly?

Edited by Hypernaut1

maybe not to you. 

also- i could have sworn there was a website that post certain WF user stats constantly?

Sure, that's true, but who's going to want to farm for TWO sets of parts (two helmets, two systems and two chassis) and then spend at least 6 days (maximum of 9!) just for a warframe that, I've heard, isn't even that good? Especially when there's much easier Frames to get such as Frost or Ash that are much more highly valued, sought after in groups and better to play with? Especially Frost?

The farm may be worth it to some people, but that's most likely the minority.

Sure, that's true, but who's going to want to farm for TWO sets of parts (two helmets, two systems and two chassis) and then spend at least 6 days (maximum of 9!) just for a warframe that, I've heard, isn't even that good? Especially when there's much easier Frames to get such as Frost or Ash that are much more highly valued, sought after in groups and better to play with? Especially Frost?

The farm may be worth it to some people, but that's most likely the minority.

it gives some people something to grind for. If you dont want to grind, there are tons of other options. Thats how i see it.

it gives some people something to grind for. If you dont want to grind, there are tons of other options. Thats how i see it.

I'm not afraid to grind. I grind for what I want, including multiple Warframes and Prime Weapons, I'm just saying that I don't think the level of grinding that's required for Equinox is worth it in the end.

(and take advantage of the initial stun)

I actually bought mine because once we got the update I wanted her right away, grind wasn't the problem, I just really wanted her right away so I bought her, and then I went to fight Regor which made people go WTF you already have why are you here? (I don't mean they said it in a bad way), but I just wanted to enjoy all the new content, so I fought Regor over and over and over again and then got all her parts (I did more than 8 runs, it wasn't a luck case, I just did it enough to get plenty of repeats as well), so I ended up going through the grind, but sure, having her doesn't give the "grind feeling". But I understand that it can be tedious, I don't really buy all the things for plat all the time, just some exceptions when I really want something right away (some frames like Chroma, I did the quest in the first day because I rushed the parts instead of buying, so I'd get Chroma and finish the quest right away, I wanted it NOW).

I bought my Eqinox too but I will still grind for the parts in the future, just don't want to be stuck with the garbage rng. Like for hyroid I have far too many helmets that if I had the chance I would trade for free the damn amount of helmets I have. Although Oberon was made in 3.5 days.... like in the first 3 games I gotten all the parts.

Well the stunning of the Maim is great. Yesterday I ended up joining a def on Saturn (?, I think it has orkin cells) it was random and those 2 guys bit off more then they can chew. The maim's stun was great pushed till w20. Prevented them from dying very quickly.

I have not seen any in a while. I did pull mine out yesterday. Then I put it right back. Trinity looks so much better I don't even care about the map nuking abilities of Equinox.

The offensive form of Equinox is not good looking. It looks like Lord Zed from Power Rangers but with less detail. I don't get the handcuff looking things on the waiste. Would have even been better to have gone with a Clive Barker Cenobite look. That's what it makes me think of anyway. Weird.

Banshee, Zephyr, Volt, Mag, Limbo and Equinox, huh.

Anyway, Equi was kind of popular for a short while, but I stopped seeing them after the energy 

drain changes, because the only appeal of the frame for most people was its Maim build, which was directly 
affected by it, though not really in a NEGATIVE way from what I tested after the update, but y'all know how this works.

I've only seen one since then.

Not like it's much better for other unpopular/complex frames though... 

But It's well justified most of the time, after all, there are frames that do the job more efficiently, most of the time.

probably a few, 1/10 a day,  problem is that equinox is a multirole frame which is a strength and also a weakness, doesnt fit in any role you want to fill in a group, nekros got a role as the item loot buffer, nova slow the mob, better positioning for your team, loki got disarm, mirage got a global blind and damage buff, frost got snow globe for defense, trinity for energy and immunity, we also got dps frame, mesa, saryn, etc, now equinox is just a half bake cookie sure its tasty and sweet but its so light it doesnt really fill your stomach that much. LOL