Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Bombards Are Shooting Way Too Fast

LisRestall

Their detection range is also ridiculously far. This kind of band-aid difficulty is really getting annoying when you tend to solo alot because you hate pubs.

I feel that Nullifiers are fine. Even a few slides makes their accuracy already horrible even if you slide straight into them. Meanwhile, sliding while blocking makes them zero threat.

But here comes the Bombards. If you suddenly get shot behind and got blasted, expect a game over if it's beyond 35mins of T4S. It's very cheap because it doesn't really give you a chance to fight back once it procs blast (unless you were using some facetank frame) -- the moment you got knocked down, expect more missiles to come because of their ridiculous fire rate.

There are also scenarios where you meet them in tight spaces and you pretty much got no choice other than to melee block to reduce the incoming damage and wish you can get near them fast enough before you die. This doesn't work either at 35mins+ because from my experience just now, a Banshee with max Vitality mod and maxed energy + QT only managed to tank 3 missiles. I wasn't even able to touch the Bombard because those 3 missiles were shot so fast. Sonic Boom would definitely make it but you're free to eat the missiles w/o blocking which would end up the same, death.

I can already expect people to say "use a tanky frame" but that's just another band-aid. It doesn't solve the core problem that Bombards are extremely cheap.

Edited by LisRestall

Well that's not the only problem.

- Shoot too fast
- Way too accurate / homing too powerful

- Too much damage

- Too much blast proc chance

They're 1 of the rare unit of the game that are challenging and it's just because they're bullsh*t =/

Edited by Trichouette

Besides them shooting too fast I have actually seen them rapid fire their rockets while dieing and being knocked down.

Doesn't matter what animation (or death) that they are going through, if the AI decides to shoot three rockets it will happen regardless.
Its on the level of annoying as when they had that issue with the Corpus Techs sending out a shield drone even if frozen and shattered because the AI decided it would....

- Shoot too fast

- Too much damage

They're 1 of the rare unit of the game that are challenging and it's just because they're bullsh*t =/

You can avoid the rockets relative easily with Parkour 2.0. Buthers, Powerfists and Ballistas are bigger threat I think, because they one shot/hit very often and you die.

1) Homing should only work in a cone in front of the missile.

2) Shooting the missile will make it explode prematurely (with decreased knockdown radius) (also works with powers such as Sonic Boom)

3) Bombards get laser sights (telegraphing their attacks)

EXTRA:
The bombards should also be knocked back by their own missiles if you lead them into it.

Edited by Lukap99

You can avoid the rockets relative easily with Parkour 2.0

That is IF you saw the missile coming from afar giving you time to react. That's a no brainer. Heck I think 99% of the players already know that.

The problem is the other possible scenarios,

- You make a turn and suddenly a Bombard appears

- You encountered a Bombard in a tight space where even if you do a bullet-jump, the missile can just follow you and hit you

- You got hit all of a sudden w/o knowing where it came from, the blast proc's knockdown is enough time to make you eat more missiles

Etc.

Too add to that, if ur inside a frost bubble and near the edge and caught in a bombard blast.

It forces you to knock-forward out of the globe which is ridiculous.

THIS. This is the most ridiculous thing their missile could do. *facepalms at DE*

Edited by LisRestall

You can avoid the rockets relative easily with Parkour 2.0. Buthers, Powerfists and Ballistas are bigger threat I think, because they one shot/hit very often and you die.

Powerfist are slow as f*ck.

I agree with ballistas because they're sneaky and deal a lot of damage, but since the nerf of enemies' accuracy i'm ok with that.

But the bombard seriously, how do you even avoid a rocket you don't see incoming ?

They're homing, not super fast but a bit, and almost invisible because everything is godamn gold.

I say invisible but i exagerate a bit, i can see them, but i can't find out if they're close or far.

And seriously, 1 rocket has enough chance to knock you down, then you take at least 2 more before you get up if you don't have constitution or handspring.

That's why i love playing atlas now, BEST passiv EVER.

When you kill a bombard they seem to shoot 2 rockets at you but they are already downed how is that possible. I have had it happen to me a few times now it's ridiculous.

This also happened to me quite frequent. To add, the impact procs from my melee doesn't stop them from shooting, they are shooting missiles while being staggered by my melee ... how the heck :/

Don't forget they are one of the tankiest enemies in the whole game, sigh.. I hate bombards, i really do, this is just insane how tanky they are, how much CC they have and how they can take you down with one freakin rocket in T4 void... And IF you survive, well.. Knockdown =]

Not to mention how high their spawn rate is after 20 minutes in survival or 20 waves in def missions! let them be OP, but at least lower their spawn rates, 3 bombards shielded by two nulifiers, one of them eximus unit, that happens very often.

Edited by Tacritan

Anyone fight Kela de Thaym recently? I feel like she's a Bombard done right. Her Ogris and the rockets it fires are actually loud and while she doesn't fire heat seekers, she does lead her shots, so you still have to keep your distance or be light on your feet to avoid getting hit. She even throws smoke grenades to impair your LoS, kind of a nice touch if you ask me. Admittedly she's a bit easy for a boss, but as a common enemy she'd probably much more balanced and less of a pain than the current Bombards are.

Seeing as she's being revamped eventually anyway, it would be nice if Bombards could inherent her weapon and fighting strategy (err, minus the Roller deploying though. We could do without that).

Don't forget:

-Rockets can turn nearly 90 degrees

And don't forget:

-They're nearly silent

-The massive blast AoE that ignores cover

Edited by Paradoxbomb

bombards are still NOT fixed?

grrrrrrrrrrrrr all due respect to DE but every day this remains unfixed is another day I keep looking at my Fallout Four pre order and pipboy is talking louder and louder so come November tenth I am not even going to be able to play Warframe.

eeeh guess its check in April? 2016 to see if Warframe bombard nonsense is fixed?

Not mad or anything just going to play other games in the hope the Bombard nonsense is fixed or hotfixed?

- Shoot too fast

- Too much damage

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bombards should shoot less often but the rocket should be faster and NOT homing, ie they should use the standard ogris

same for corrupted versions unless u could give the corrupted ones the napalm launcher

ONLY Kela De Thaym should have the specialized homing version