Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #62 Overview

AM-Bunny

Honestly from what I've gathered of what they've said goes into making a new skin, tinting and PBR, I don't think  it's possible without them basically re-doing every Prime item that they've included tintable gold on, which I don't think they're willing to do right now.

Probably another item on the mountain of "we'd love to do that when we have time".

To be absolutely honest that is their own fault. There's been countless feedback threads since it was first introduced, they just didn't pay enough attention to complaints/suggestions and still carried on so now we've reached this point where they've created more work for themselves.

We still need more than A/B/C for appearance slots too. Asked for a few times - including myself - nothing has happened but we're getting so many more customization and appearance options and additions, but we're still stuck with 3 tabs. It's rather restrictive. Separate colour customization for armour pieces has been asked for too.

It's just a touch frustrating that all these helpful and decent and very obvious suggestions get posted and either are entirely missed or forgotten about. It's the small things that make the difference sometimes, not always the big.

Edited by Naith

Atlas has no purpose... What? That's like saying Oberon has no purpose just because he isn't hyper-specialized in a single thing. Wukong's abilities being reskins? Why talk about that but not compare stuff like Fireball or Shock, or Rhino Stomp and Avalanche? Those skills function similar in several ways, but no one goes and compares them. And the Saryn rework? It's not even out yet. It's like when people said Frost would be dead with his rework or Excalibur would be useless with his.

Atlas's abilities are so slow that even the little CC they have can barely help in a mission and, while he's supposed to be a close-range frame, he has no viable way to defend himself other than a small wall of rocks.

Wukong's first ability is Soul Punch without ragdoll, his third ability is a no-clip Undertow (which also happens to be a third ability) and his fourth ability is exalted blade but without energy waves and with a Bo instead of an energy blade. When Wukong's really super special Bo changes size it also clips through his arms, because it doesn't have any sort of special animation. 101% quality content.

I don't recall anyone saying anything like that, actually it happened exactly the opposite. My complainst are based on what they showed and explained, which is most likely what we're gonna get ingame, considering that the rework is coming next week.

Every time someone mentions an ability that requires you to "charge" or "hold" the ability button down I cringe a bit. On Ps4 some of us use the touch pad on the controller to activate our abilities. It's how it was in the beginning for us and, to me, it's better than the other option(having to press 2 different buttons to activate the ability. I know this includes, probably, the smallest portion of the player base but we shouldn't be penalized for our play style. This is all given that the archer frame has an ability that needs to be "charged" to cycle arrow types. 

AM-Bunny i never asked you, but can i use your work and translate it to my polish tenno ?

I am sorry but i ve done it before ...

Of course I don't mind. I really appreciate your help with getting the Devstream info out to the people that are unable to enjoy it otherwise.

Thank you so much!

i have the total information under- and overload since december 2014 and their announcment video about the sentients

then comes the chart which shows us what will be in U 17

and today we got a final information about what ?

im a bit tired of all this puzzles

where are the grineer queens ? and all the announced stuff for U 18 ?

does the orokin moon appear at U 18 ? etc.

i have the total information under- and overload since december 2014 and their announcment video about the sentients

Sentients are going to be a strong focal point of 2016. Their presence will represent a change in tone for Warframe overall. However, I don't believe they are going to appear in U18. Their formal place in the Starchart will probably be some point after that.

There's been no mention of the Grineer Queens, although if you keep up with the Simaris Synthesis Entries, you'll get some interesting bits of lore regarding their origins. 

The Orokin Moonbase is going to appear in U18. It's going to be a central part to the new cinematic quest that's included in the update. This quest will dig deeply into the lore and finally reveal the true nature of the Tenno (whether they're energy beings, bishounen, etc) and also deal with the lore behind The Stalker.

Sentients are going to be a strong focal point of 2016. Their presence will represent a change in tone for Warframe overall. However, I don't believe they are going to appear in U18. Their formal place in the Starchart will probably be some point after that.

There's been no mention of the Grineer Queens, although if you keep up with the Simaris Synthesis Entries, you'll get some interesting bits of lore regarding their origins. 

The Orokin Moonbase is going to appear in U18. It's going to be a central part to the new cinematic quest that's included in the update. This quest will dig deeply into the lore and finally reveal the true nature of the Tenno (whether they're energy beings, bishounen, etc) and also deal with the lore behind The Stalker.

Stalker is actually a giant weeb.

several changes between announcements and what appears really ... i also can understand and accept the job from them which work for building, caring and developing this wonderful game ...

thank you, you have to know that im with CONTENT, for that i pay, im for shure not with all this skins and sweeties for the kids even that i have them too ...

i pay a lot for renting this game which i like to do, as well as im not going tired to mention this matter of fact where many help to develop warframe

this should not be forgotten and for them which have a job and pull their hard earned money into warframe know for shure what im talking about =))))

I really like this idea... Cinematics that are voiced. 

I'm pretty excited for this as well. It would go a long way for a more immersive experience. Just imagine our regular Codex conversations with Maroo and the like, except instead of "radio only" we can actually interact cinematically, with more dynamic camera angles, body animations, and the like. Sounds like a great step in the right direction.

She still doesn't have any feet... if she moved like Zone of the Enders where she slid everywhere (complete with sparks flying up) it could look awesome, but I feel like it will look ridiculous to see her running around on those pegs.

She does have feet though. Isn't she wearing tiny shoes in the screenshot ?