Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Think We'll Ever Get Good Primed Melee Mods

(PSN)bLaiiSe_go_brrr

And it makes me sad. :(

As a melee lover, my most wanted primed mods are Pressure Point, Fury or True Steel.

Since Excal's rework I'm in doubt of seeing any of them as they would heavily affect the melee frames' damage output.

I'm not saying PReach is bad or anything (I almost always find a place for it even on the shortest range weapons), but melee deserves more. PHeavy Trauma is just bad and should never have been made. I wouln't even use it for Atlas even though Landslide deals 100% impact. It's sad that a 60% dual stat mod can outperform a rank 10 primed mod because impact damage is just that bad. It makes me even more sad when I look at it sitting in my inventory at R10, because I played warframe a bit drunk and thought it's a great idea to max it and Fast Hands. :(

We already have primed reach, which is OP on Orthos Prime, and Primed Fury is coming, not sure when, but it is mostly confirmed. DE also has said that they are going to change base damage mods to level up with the weapon instead.

Edited by duhadventure

We already have primed reach, which is OP on Orthos Prime, and Primed Fury is coming, not sure when, but it is mostly confirmed. DE also has said that they are going to change base damage mods to level up with the weapon instead.

Which might make them useless and everyone will hate DE because primed point blankXD

ever tried the Jat Kitty with primed heavy trauma? I am pretty sure Primed heavy trauma is better than any elemental mod on the Jat kittag

Never tried, but I doubt that it does. It's like modding the Boltor with Piercing Caliber. You'll deal more damage to higher level enemies with another 60% elemental mod even though it has a huge puncture stat. And that's puncture which gives bonus damage to armor. Doubt impact is any different.

I want to mod for heavy units, not shields and that's what impact is only good for.

Your concern would only apply to Pressure Point and Elemental Damage mods.

Would Primed Fury not be interesting? If you're a big melee user, something like Primed Reflex Coil or Primed Killing Blow would probably be interesting as well.

Attack speed and crit chance also affects Excal/Valkyr/Atlas.

I don't channel, because I think it's a waste of energy. I like high attack speed melee and they drain my energy too fast.

Yes, we do and I said that I love it in the OP. Use it almost all the time because of the utility it gives.

I know about the datamined PFury, but I'll believe it when I see it, just like PCharged Chamber.

Edited by (PS4)bLaiSe_HUN

Never tried, but I doubt that it does. It's like modding the Boltor with Piercing Caliber. You'll deal more damage to higher level enemies with another 60% elemental mod even though it has a huge puncture stat. And that's puncture which gives bonus damage to armor. Doubt impact is any different.

I want to mod for heavy units, not shields and that's what impact is only good for.

Put them all on if it floats your boat, your damage doesn't matter anyways with infinite scaling, your downslam does thoughXD

Primed Reach is probably the best choice that could have been made, and we have it.

finding another Melee Mod that could be fairly balanced(and kind've important/necessary) to do so with, may be complicated.

maybe Finishing Touch? you might... be able to get away with True Steel but balancing that will be a lot harder.

ever tried the Jat Kitty with primed heavy trauma? I am pretty sure Primed heavy trauma is better than any elemental mod on the Jat kittag

until enemy Levels go up and your Impact Damage is poop no matter how much you have. because you need other Elemental Types.

a paper calculator saying you do a few points more Damage doesn't matter when you actually normalize against Enemies, Elementals are leagues better.

dat Armor doe

Put them all on if it floats your boat, your damage doesn't matter anyways with infinite scaling

well, at those Levels, Puncture Status is not very useful, and Impact Status is anti-useful if you want to Knockdown and Ragdoll things with Jat Kittag.

welp, that's that.

Edited by taiiat

why all the hate on Primed Heavy Trauma? I get it, impact isn't the best damage type, but on the Jat Kittag, it's awesome, and now my sparring and staff weapons (yes, I actually use them, sometimes) hit harder than ever. don't get me wrong, I want Primed Jagged Edge or Prime pressure Point as much as the next Tenno, but hating on what we have ( unless it's constructive criticism) isn't gonna get us what we want. it just makes us seem ungrateful.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

First thing that comes to my mind was Primed Reach

but I guess people just want to close their eyes and melee everything....

But I enjoy when my eyes are open to watch the enemies bad accuracy and watch their blood splatter on the wall, seriously somone tell me why am I so lucky when it comes to being shot at?

Primed Reach is a god send and I feel really badly for anyone who is doing melee without it. Then again, they did "fix" how reach mods affect weapons so even the vanilla Reach is a pretty decent option now.  

Primed Fury is basically my fantasy since it would help a lot of weapons feel "fast enough" without having to rely on things like Berserker or Arcanes which tend to throw them off into "unwieldy as hell". Weapon speed to me is much more about how it makes the weapon feel to use rather than what it does to my overall DPS on a chart. 

Melee critical mods are basically garbage and just need attention overall. While I'd still like a primed version of them, I feel like their vanilla mods obviously need to be brought up to par with what's available for primaries. Then again, that's true for a lot of melee mods. I'm sure Scott's working on it. 

Edited by Acos