The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember...broken Warframe Of The Year?

-Ozymandias-

A buff was in order, Ember was one of the worst frames around.

But was the buff...a little bit too excessive??

All you Ember players, i know you love her now but be honest, doesn't it feel a little broken casting world on fire just once and then watching everything die for the rest of the mission with no effort?

No.

Across the regular starchart she's press 4 to win.  But the starchart never really poses a challenge in the first place, so it's practically a non-issue.

After about 25 minutes in a T4S, with a max Vitality and Steel Fiber, she's two-shot by Crewmen.  The enemies that show up at 25 minutes aren't even considered high-end.  Quick Thinking doesn't always help - the first shot will trigger QT and stagger you, a followup by another Crewman will kill you.  Your energy can and will run out, and you need to deactivate WoF to use a restore.  Ancient Healers also apparently mitigate knockdown from Firequake, so even that's not a safe bet past that point.

i'd liked the theory of World on Fire being something you could basically have as a Passive.

however, i also had in mind that in order for it to deal meaningful Damage, you'd need to cast Accelerant. something like, World on Fire having a base Damage of like, 30 (increased base Status Chance from now, so that on it's own it's passively like an area of Fire Status, or an area of Knockdown with Augment) - but Accelerant would be 500% World on Fire Damage - similar to how Casting Speed goes up for a Time when you cast Accelerant - plus the existing 250% to Fire Damage.

so having the pre-existing Damage but being able to turn it on and never turn it back off for an entire Mission... not really what i had in mind.

Edited by taiiat

All you Ember players, i know you love her now but be honest, doesn't it feel a little broken casting world on fire just once and then watching everything die for the rest of the mission with no effort?

Are you playing on low level missions? She definitely isn't OP and you can't keep WoF up constantly.

ember is better with the change to her 4 but she still needs tons of work to be decent let alone "broken"

granted running fleeting expertise with countinuity and constitution duration mods make her use 1 energy every 1.79 seconds so 4 for lyfe is always an option but that doesn't change that she is still paper

I don't think ember can even now rely on her 4 save her rear in T4, she needs to use fire blast along with WoF with high effiecency to even hope to last abit

with the combination of those two skills being spammed and some practice using her, I can manage a solo 35 minute T4 survival if I can get lucky and avoid bombards and nullifiers

she starts to suffer really bad after 30 minutes ins T4 survival when ancients start getting into the middle of groups of mobs alot

all she would need to be decent are some changes to her stats *cough* 50 more shield *cough* as well a lot of changes to her skills like for her 1 a possible change can be, increase the size by 250%, add 100% panic chance and add an opening for finisher moves. For her 2 it really needs to be changed from from just being a debuff on enemies alone to a buff on her as well increasing skill damage similar to valkyr's warcry which gives her faster attack speed for melee but also severly slows enemies near by so why not give ember a damage boost with her small stun? her 3 needs a slight damage boost and the remaining flames should be larger and cover more area with a slight boost to damage. Now her 4 needs the most overhaul, keep it as a channeling ability but increase drain to 4 energy per second to go along with increasing damage to 1000 also increase status burn chance to 75%(and her augment for WoF could remove burn chance and change it to 100% knockdown) and add a 15% armour reduction debuff that applies only 1 time to each target for 5 seconds? (sounds fair roight?)

but nonetheless, buffed or nerfed I will play the mighty fire chicken as my go to infested killing frame :D

As someone else has said, Ember won't annihilate everything as enemy level increases, let alone enemies who are behind shields or armor.

Then you have to juggle survivability, range, efficiency, strength and crowd control. You'll probably only fit 2 to 4 of these.

But more to the OP's question, no the change to Ember wasn't much. It simply made her more independent and more energy efficient, at the cost of losing the ability to recieve Energy Vampire or energy pads. She's not the best at crowd control or damage, but if you have your team use Fire damage mods then you'll see the greatest mileage out of her.

Yes she deffinately isn't as OP in high levels, but most frames aren't in endless void missions, everything past 30-40 waves/minutes is there just to kill you, no balance whatsoever. I'm talking about the whole starchart, as someone mentioned, she is press 4 to win in the starchart and mid level moid.

AKA a cakewalk for newcomers.

Yes she deffinately isn't as OP in high levels, but most frames aren't in endless void missions, everything past 30-40 waves/minutes is there just to kill you, no balance whatsoever. I'm talking about the whole starchart, as someone mentioned, she is press 4 to win in the starchart and mid level moid.

AKA a cakewalk for newcomers.

But is it really though? Without the mods you need to make any warframe or weapon effecient you are not.really that powerful.

Rngesus what is wrong with this player base? Saryn's not even cold and already the nerf merchants are looking for their next victim.

Poor freaking Ember who previously wouldn't hurt a fly, mostly because she couldn't, she indirectly gets a minor buff by the recent duration changes and already the nerf brigade are calling for her head.

The whole situation is getting beyond ridiculous now.

How does a 4 skill make a broken frame especially on the star chart? Almost every other frame with a damaging 4 kill can also kill almost anything with a single press of 4.

Exalted Blade, Bladestorm, Rumblers, Avalanche, Maim, Tentacle Swarm, Crush, Peacemaker, Prism, M. Prime, Reckoning, Rhino Stomp, Miasma, Link, Hysteria, Vortex, Overload, Tornado kills everything on the starchart with no effort.

That's like 95% of all existing Warframes. What's your point? By your logic, every frame is broken. That's not a convincing argument. Just my observation but it seems as if you've had missions where you had Embers with WoF stealing your kills and that's made you bitter. Take it to T4S or T4D; if WoF can still wipe the area 30 mins in then I'll believe that she's broken. In the meantime, grow a backbone and stop crying nerfs just because you as a player are inadequate. 

Edited by AxialBlue

Before OP goes any further into this seemingly nonsense-driven nerf-call thread, I have to ask:

Why are you making this thread?

What objective data do you have to offer regarding the subject?

What subjective views do you have to reinforce your objective data?

Because you literally said Ember ultimate was 'over-buffed' and provided nothing. Anyone could type the same crap about Excalibur for example, and without citing their facts most people would view them negatively.

No

Obviously you are not an ember player.

Since every thing you said is totally wrong.