Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.10.0

DE_Adam

Saryn is pretty much dead, when mobs more than 40 lvl appear - absolutely 0 dmg, tested both buids - old one with 15% duration and new duration based one. to kill lvl 60 bombard or heavy gunner u must ult about 8-9 times. RIP, thx DE. Lest nerf all warframes, cuz of that $&*&*#(%& decision of balancing game around 20 lvls

wow so she aint gonna be a good nuker now :( nice one DE 

Please make the weapon skin available for more than the Zoren, it got 6 skins now after all. Dual Ichors would have been a better choice because it's a toxin weapon unlike the Zoren. Or just make it available for more dual weapons in general because the Zoren don't need a another skin only for it.

IMHO, this game is going to die, if DE won't change the priorities. New skins, doubtful reworks and a lot of stuff, but still no fixes for prior things. Planned rework of sentinels while kubrow AI is awful. New tile sets while there is plenty holes in the old ones. Stories about sentients are around about year or something, but all we seen so far is some blue thing for scanning. Raids for about 10%-20% of players and PVP mods in PVE. Come on. With every update there is less to do. It seems that the Void destruction will be the last drop for me. 

Edited by MomentsOfSpring

cwqhYjj.png

New Cosmetics

This update gives the toxic Saryn a lot of love with a brand-new deluxe skin, Sugatra, and a weapon skin that puts a floral touch on the deadly Dual Zoren.  These skins will only be for a limited time, and will be removed from the Market on November 18, at 2 p.m EST.

Get the Saryn Orphid Skin, Melia Sugatra, and Cyskis Dual Zoren Skin by visiting the Market today!

Saryn Revisited

With this update comes a lot of exciting changes to Saryn’s abilities, giving her more synergy between each power and putting more emphasis on her ability to debuff enemies with Viral and Toxin procs.  As always we will continue to monitor Saryn after the launch of this rework.

Please post your feedback in our megathread here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/556381-feedback-megathread-saryn-revisited/?p=6268971#entry6268971

• Spore Revisions
    • Saryn’s Venom Ability has been renamed to Spore.
    • Guaranteed Viral proc on explosion of spores.
    • If current host has a toxin Proc (i.e from Contagion or any other source), it will transfer that proc too.
    • Damage ticks will be done every second, duration will affect how long the debuff is up.
    • Increase base damage of the ability.
  • Molt Revisions
    • Spore can be cast on Molt, infects units which attack Molt.
    • Miasma cast in range of Molt will feed into Molt, creating more damage on explosion.
    • All Spores on Molt Clones will detonate and spread on the clone’s death.
  • Toxic Lash Revisions
    • Saryn’s Contagion Ability has been renamed to Toxic Lash.
    • Slightly increased the damage and duration of Toxic Lash.
    • Guaranteed Toxin proc on melee hit.
    • Detonates a Venom spore if the target has one.
    • Damage output scales based on a percent of total damage of melee weapon with Mods, not base.
    • While Toxic Lash is active, there is a bonus damage reduction while blocking. This damage reduction is capped at 90%.
  • Miasma Revisions
    • Damage ticks will be done every second, Duration will affect how long the debuff is up.
    • 100% more damage if target is affected by a Viral proc (Spore guarantees a Viral proc when exploded).
    • 100% more damage if target is affected by a Toxin proc (Toxic Lash guarantees a Toxin proc on impact).
    • Enemies hit by Miasma when under the effects of Miasma will have the duration timer reset.
    • Increase base damage overall.
  • General Revisions
    • Saryn now has a passive 25% increased Status effect duration.
    • Updated some visual FX on Saryn’s abilities.
    • Saryn can now cast Spore and Toxic Lash while moving.
    • Saryn’s base Armor is now 175.
    • Saryn’s base Health is now 125.
    • Saryn’s base Energy is now 150 and max at rank 30 is 225 (without mod).

Additions:

• Added "Decline All" option for incoming friend requests.
  • Added a Sort By Used option under the Profile, Equipment submenu.

Conclave Changes

• The Following PvP Mods have been added to the drop tables for all Conclave game modes
    • Sudden Justice (Sybaris) - On 2 hits within .2 secs, increase Fire Rate 30% for 2 seconds.
    • Directed Convergence (Supra) - Increase accuracy by 80% when aiming.
    • Focused Acceleration (Tetra) - Increase Projectile Speed by 80% when aiming.
    • Final Tap (Hind) - On 4 hits within 0.5 seconds, increase damage by 100% for 0.2 seconds.
    • Measured Burst (Tiberon) - Increase damage by 30%, decrease Fire Rate by 60% when aiming.
  • Reduced the damage bonus duration of the Double Tap Mod from .5 to .3 seconds and increased the damage bonus from 30% to 50%
  • Furis series damage reduced in PvP.
  • Karak damage reduced in PvP.
  • Seer damage increased in PvP.
  • Twin Grakata damage reduced in PvP.
  • Attica damage increased in PvP.
  • Martial Fury Mod attack speed boost duration boosted from 4 to 20 seconds.
  • Increased experience bonuses from kills in Conclave.
  • Reduced the damage of Rhino’s Iron Shrapnel Augment in Conclave.
  • Bullet Jump Speed is now Mobility in PvP and also affects Dodge Speed.
  • Conclave Mods now display the word ‘Mobility’ instead of ‘Bullet Jump’.
  • Maglev Mod has been removed from PvP.

Diriga Changes

The following change has been made to help bring some additional utility to the Diriga.  We will continue to monitor the Diriga after launch to provide additional balance to this unique trait if necessary.

• Diriga’s Calculated Shot Precept is now able to target Sensor Bars and Arc Traps.

Changes

• Slightly increased the spawn rate of enemies on Yemaja, Sedna.
  • Antidotes in The Jordas Verdict can now be picked up even when they are moving.
  • Some adjustments to Purifier and Esophage spawning during Stage 3 of the Jordas Verdict Trial has been made.
  • The Adhesive Blast Mod’s description has been altered to reflect its function. The mod now states there is a 100% sticky chance at Max Rank, and ranking this mod will be required to achieve this.
  • Reduced the required Codex scans for the Arcane Machine, Arcane Boiler, Cascade Bomb, Darvo, and Infested Mesa to one.
  • Reduced the required Codex scans for the Toxin Injector to 3.
  • Players can now exit Relays by using a context action on the Liset they entered the Relay with.

Fixes:

• Fixed rare Grineer Loot Crates spawning in the Jordas Verdict Trial during Stage 3 instead of Corpus Loot Crates.
  • Fixed Penta Grenades falling through the floor instead of bouncing.
  • Fixed Lotus Transmissions not matching her VO after hacking a terminal to reset security sensors.
  • Fixed an issue allowing enemies to slide while getting up from a knockdown.
  • Fixed a visible hole in terrain on the Earth tileset allowing players to exit the map.
  • Fixed an issue preventing End of Mission bonus experience for weapons from being counted towards challenges.
  • Fixed the Quick Thinking Mod not properly taking damage reduction into account before removing energy from a Client.
  • Fixed purchasing a Color Picker not showing as unlocked until the player opens and closes the customization menu.
  • Fixed Simaris’ dialogue being cut off by the loading screen during the Synthesis Tutorial.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to be stuck on the ‘Ready to Trade’ screen, preventing them from selecting an empty trade slot.
  • Fixed an issue causing Warframe customization to disappear during a Host Migration when in bleedout.
  • Fixed an issue where joining a game in progress that has a dead player will display the wrong Warframe as dead.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Mantis to appear too close to the camera on the loading screen.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Datamass to disappear when held by a client jumping into an out-of-bounds area during a Host Migration.
  • Fixed an error causing players to see themselves as an enemy on the minimap when firing a weapon.
  • Fixed energy colors showing improperly on the Silva & Aegis when previewing the weapon in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed Kubrow being revived from a bleedout state automatically when the player is revived.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Cheater of Death and Cryptographer Challenges to reset before completion.
  • Fixed an issue enabling players to mantle recently fired Ogris rockets.
  • Fixed several inconsistent behaviors in Sentinel precept targeting.
  • Fixed an issue where some Clients would see two Purge timers in Stage 3 of the Jordas Verdict.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the J-3 Jordas Golem from leaving his perch.
  • Fixed the Daman Sugatra not copying the proper main colors in the Arsenal when the player’s weapon is a dark energy color.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when viewing Chroma in the Codex.
  • Fixed a duplicate entry for the Arcane Machine that would appear in the Codex.
  • Fixed enemies not playing a reaction animation to Radial Disarm.
  • Fixed an issue causing certain cosmetics to appear as grey in dioramas instead of their default colors.

10/04/15 Edit Yaer: Corrected "Saryn’s maximum Energy is now 150." to: "Saryn’s base Energy is now 150 and max at rank 30 is 225 (without mod)." for clarity purposes.

I don't see other quest enemies reduced to 1-2.    Maybe,you should do that DE.

So to just even keep up now Saryn has to use like, four abilities in a row? But Equinox and whatever can just stroll around with their 4s?

Like, Warframe was never a technical enough of a game that doing ability combos as a necessity was ever a thing. Everyone talking about it requiring more skill, Warframe's never been a DMC-like game where you only really succeed if you string together things. Now Saryn requires several abilities in a row, used at just the right time, just to be competive with frames like Mesa and Equinox?

This isn't consistant design philosophy. No other frame requires close synergistic use of abilities to do well.

Besides, Warframe's speed is so fast that by the time it takes for you to set up all these abilities, other players have just shot everything or blown it up. I don't get what you're going for.

You could have just made her other abilities better without making them dependent on one another, making the decision between tanking one stat in favor of another a meaningful choice instead of the "you need everything at 130%+" she is now.

Pretty much this, while I think the rework is great on paper, I don't feel it's appropriate within the context of WF and the other frames. :/

I get it, synergy between abilities is a great thing to have. But I'd like to have that at a point lower then having to cast 2 abilities only then to have to engage in close range for a melee strike and hit another ability, more then likely having to cast molt to just to get in CQB without dying. And all this JUST to keep up rather doing exceptionally well. Or I could just use my guns.

I am happy Saryn isn't a "4" frame anymore, but I'm not particularly fond of this Saryn either.

So, at a glance we have a loss of a few hundred hitpoints in effective health due to the new armour and health values.

On paper, things look like a step back for the fluid and fast paced gameplay that you have alluded to as your goal - the forced synergy with the various skills and the change to the way miasma turning it into what I assume would correlate with a pre-toggle version of Ember's world of fire, have married Saryn to a clunky system.

This is on paper mind, ignoring the numbers.

I'm going to go test her to see if she's as bad as I feel she may be - Either I'll be pleasantly surprised, or I'll have feedback over whatever issues I perceive.

you need to use weapons and moving instead of spamming abilities, i welcome that IN GENERAL in warframe, and im not alone ;o)

i have seen so many keeping their rushing style - as for example in exterminate missions - with some of the reworked frames and this people leave lots of enemies behind

i clean the floor sometimes behind this rushing noobs with a smile, because all that rushing looks like now as this "noobs" on high MR levels loose their face by not being able to play warframe as it is offered this beautiful way =))))))))))))))

I wont deny this but before you go and say she is great remember this her greatness came at a high cost!

Here is my build/ look/ ability stats per mods of her :

http://i.imgur.com/yOszDEA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SaKKXvT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vsA03Nw.jpg

It look decent but she cant CC effectively as she used to be, also i had to lower duration for efficiency which IMHO after seeing the synergy between her abilities my face was like this :'(

Can someone confirm this to me, does she benefit from duration or not?

Like is it like how Miasma used to be, less duration = more damage? 

Edited by Prinny13

Well. Some testing with a general purpose build with a little range, damage and efficiency against simulated enemies hasn't exactly impressed me.

Molt -> Spore -> Molt -> Miasma to get the most out of Miasma may give more damage than before, but the way Miasma works isn't as I assumed prior from what I can tell. It simply DoT's the enemies that you first catch with it.

Perhaps making it work a little more like Mag's crush would be in order, in what each enemy that enters its area while it's active would have them take damage from the ongoing lingering effect.

As for the damage, this only really begins to shine against high level enemies but still requires an awkward period of setup that in a heated survival would leave you taking fire from all sides and seeing your molt get shredded before it can serve its purpose.

That leads me to Molt. It's still underwhelming as by the time it's actually useful, it's just too flimsy to serve its purpose. Really, it shouldn't have a hitpoint limit, it should have a diminishing taunt value to draw attention away from you briefly and be consumed by Miasma or removed as it is currently by its duration ending or another molt being cast - turning it into the focal point for Miasma so that it radiates from it instead of yourself could possibly provide some further element of interactivity.

Toxic Lash still doesn't fit the toolkit, as while the other skills synergy, though clunky, is in place, Toxic Lash involves you utilising an inferior choice for anything other than fighting light infested, butchers and prodmen. Sure, there are people that use melee alone or glaives who'll defend it, but for the rest of us it's likely little better than a dead skill. Adding passive damage reduction to it may be asking too much, but given that the only real limited options that Saryn has for mitigation are to stun with Miasma or to distract with Molt, something more is still needed for high level play.

Having a lesser toxic damage buff from it that adds to your ranged weapons could also work.

Spores are spores. They're still underwhelming and lack any oomph. I don't really have any thoughts on them beyond this.

My overall impression as it stands is that Saryn still lacks mitigation where it matters and the awkward forced synergy she now has will do little to alleviate her as a one trick pony in most peoples hands. It just takes her a little longer to set up to kill higher level things - and in less controlled situations isn't going to be entirely viable.

Hopefully this'll be of some help in whatever fine tuning is carried out to get her to feel right.