The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Buffs/qol Do You Believe Would Fix/help Saryn?

AnOldAlias

Miasma needs to scale with armored enemies right now, I mean adding something like Corrosive Procs, with increased amount if enemies affected by Toxin, Viral or both for the maximum buff could be very, very good.

Plus the fact that she got all this synergy but no real energy efficency to allow it kinda kills her, some abilities should be toned down with the energy cost.

Molt needs a small HP buff and that's it, and she needs to get a bit more survivability, she's kinda squishy right now, at 25-30m on T4 you'll really feel what I mean if you don't have something like QT helping her to not get oneshotted by Bombard missles.

Triggers like these:

Spore trigger - when saryn infects 3 units (excluding initially tagged enemy) after casting spore

Molt trigger - when molt is tagged by spore

Toxic lash trigger - when she pops 3 infected units' spores

Miasma trigger - when miasma detonates a molt

These triggers lead to saryn regenerating half of the energy cost of the skill. Of course, these triggers are only active for 5 seconds after casting, after which she cannot benefit from the trigger until she casts it again.

Edited by p3z1

Some CC and Utility, you know, stuff that makes you worth something for a team.

Increase Miasma to 4 seconds with the stun being double of that (8 seconds) and make it tick every 1 second with a corrosive proc and the same damage as it is right now. Increase range to 25m.

Replace Toxic Lash with a toggle slow aura with a chance to proc corrosive.

Make Molt scale with HP, Shield and Armor mods.

Edited by MaverickZero

in terms of QoL I would love to see Molt if affected by the augmented 1 from a volt be able to explode in a radial corrosive proc this would create a sudo 4x CP + viral (spores) combo that would really help in squads without CP

obviously the need of an augmented volt brings it toward a niche category but still a cool though

I feel like the base problem is that the new Saryn uses a lot of energy to reach her full potential.

This creates a few problems

Need for Constant Energy Acquisition

Currently, one of the ways around the need for energy is using Rage. However the issue with rage is that even with regenerative molt it can be dangerous for Saryn to purposely take hits. With this in mind the solution could be an hp or armor boost.

Lack of Modding Space

Another way around the energy issue is loading up on efficiency mods. However, this then means that a lot of mod space is taken up by these seemingly mandatory mods, when Saryn also greatly benefits from range, power strength and duration mods.

overall I think another good QoL change would be reducing the energy cost of her 2 and 3. Right now they each cost 50 Energy and with the destructability of Molt and the incentive to cast spore and toxic lash at the same time, they could definitely do with being cheaper

Also I have yet to test this in higher levels I guess but right now it feels like I'm barely using Miasma and when I do its typically without the extra 200% that can be gleaned from her other abilities, simply because those other abilities are already quite effective at killing enemies by themselves.

The fact is that I go for Miasma in panic situations, when I want a lot of people around me to die fast usually because of a mission objective. As a result, I don't have time to setup viral or toxic procs to maximize the damage. Nonetheless it does feel disappointing to simply cast miasma without viral or toxic procs. It's just the feeling of knowing it could be way better. It's a cool concept but in practice it could use some tweaking. 

I would suggest the following miasma changes:

Spores cast on enemies under the effect of Miasma are instantly detonated with the next damage tick, automatically adding the extra 100% viral bonus as well as the 100% toxic bonus (if the enemy is already under a toxic effect prior to the spore detonation) and possibly extending Miasma's duration.

She needs to move faster.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying this could you elaborate more? For me I simply stay in constant motion by bullet jumping everywhere which is fast enough for me. (also with toxic flight :D)

Armour up to 250-300

Miasma duration doubled with same damage per tic, stagger enemies for half the duration. A cool benefit would be to Multiply by 2 for viral/toxic, rather than adding an addtional 100% (i.e. Having both causes 4x instead of 3x), but doubling the duration should really take priority.

Make regenerative molt scale with power strength if it doesn't already. Perhaps even make it inbuilt and give molt a new augment (multiple clones perhaps?).

A minor buff to her 3 would be cool

Armour up to 250-300

Miasma duration doubled with same damage per tic, stagger enemies for half the duration. A cool benefit would be to Multiply by 2 for viral/toxic, rather than adding an addtional 100% (i.e. Having both causes 4x instead of 3x), but doubling the duration should really take priority.

Make regenerative molt scale with power strength if it doesn't already. Perhaps even make it inbuilt and give molt a new augment (multiple clones perhaps?).

A minor buff to her 3 would be cool

pretty sure regen molt scales, I get way more than the base 500 health total from it.

1) Sayrn needs a dump stat.

New Sayrn currently needs to be modded for Power Strength, Duration, Range and most importantly Efficiency in order to fuction. Players are not given a good indication of what stats to optimize for and attempting to mod for all stats will result in a subpar build. This also leaves very little mod space for defensive mods such as Vitality, Steel Fiber and Rage or support mods such as Flow and Natural Talent.

Change: Make Range the dump stat. The range on Spores, Molt and Miasma can be determined by Power Strength instead. Similar to how Nova's MP is affected by Duration instead of Range.

2) Bump Sayrn's base health back to 150.

This seems to be the only general consensus on the forums despite differing opinions on whether this rework was a nerf or a buff. There is no good reason for Saryn's health to be nerfed in the first place.

3) Abilities need to costs less.

DE has been experimenting with casting in succession starting with Atlas so it's weird for them to not experiment using Saryn's new kit, especially when she needs to chain abilities to make the the most out of her kit.

Change: Either halve all ability base costs or abilities cost half after each consecutive cast within a 1 second time window.

4) Spores

- Spores casts in a cone to alleviate the problem of precise casting and give the skill an initial boost.

- Targets' movement speed is slowed by 5% for each spore attached due to the sheer weight of the giant blob.

- Change the initial spore amount back to 6 from the current 3.

5) Molt

- Increase explosion range to Miasma's range.

- Invulnerability for the first 3 seconds after cast.

- All enemies within explosion range must attack the molt and ranged targets are more inclined to focus on molt.

6) Toxic Slash

- Either add functionality to ranged weapons at lessened effectiveness and make it a toggle ...

- Or remove entirely and give Saryn a poison/viral/corrosive variant of Accelerant.

7) Miasma

- Give miasma the +200% bonus damage to the base right of the bat. Seriously, it needs it.

- Each tick of miasma inflicts a guaranteed corrosive proc. Yes, they will stack.

- If Viral is present: Reset the duration of ALL status effects on the target at every tick of miasma.

- If Toxic is present: Target is staggered at every tick of miasma.

Conclusion:

I'm severely disappointed with the quality of Saryn's rework compared to how Excalibur's and Frost's turned out. Reworks are supposed to revise a frame's skill set and bring it up to the game's current play level, which this one severely fails to do. I do admit the new Sayrn is much more fun to play than before her rework. However she is a lost lots of effectiveness in the process. I believe if the changes above are in place, she would have a place in the meta as a debuff/CC frame.

I don't believe DOT is a viable theme in this game at its current state. Horde mode games are about eliminating waves of enemies as fast as possible at any given time and Saryn's current kit cannot hold up at later levels when armor scaling becomes insane. DOT cannot work by itself and needs  complementary status effects to keep Saryn safe while the damage is ticking. Seeing how DE is adverse about giving Saryn more damage, CC is the way to go.

EDIT: Formatting and grammar

Edited by CrazyArson

Miasma needs Corrosive proc back

Also I believe this belongs in Feedback mega thread

I think they should've personally made it Viral and Corrosive for her combinations instead of Viral and Toxic. :/ So I agree.

I'd also love for Toxic Slash to apply to every weapon, not just melee.

Edited by Nelizar

New Sayrn currently needs to be modded for Power Strength, Duration, Range and most importantly Efficiency in order to fuction. Players are not given a good indication of what stats to optimize for and attempting to mod for all stats will result in a subpar build. This also leaves very little mod space for defensive mods such as Vitality, Steel Fiber and Rage or support mods such as Flow and Natural Talent.

Change: Make Range the dump stat. The range on Spores, Molt and Miasma can be determined by Power Strength instead. Similar to how Nova's MP is affected by Duration instead of Range.

This seems to be the only general consensus on the forums despite differing opinions on whether this rework was a nerf or a buff. There is no good reason for Saryn's health to be nerfed in the first place.

DE has been experimenting with casting in succession starting with Atlas so it's weird for them to not experiment using Saryn's new kit, especially when she needs to chain abilities to make the the most out of her kit.

Change: Either halve all ability base costs or abilities cost half after each consecutive cast within a 1 second time window.

4) Spores

- Spores casts in a cone to alleviate the problem of precise casting and give the skill an initial boost.

- Targets' movement speed is slowed by 5% for each spore attached due to the sheer weight of the giant blob.

5) Molt

- All enemies within explosion range must attack the molt and ranged targets are more inclined to focus on molt.

6) Toxic Slash

- Either add functionality to ranged weapons at lessened effectiveness ...

- Or remove entirely and give Saryn a poison/viral/corrosive variant of Acceleration.

7) Miasma

- Give miasma the +200% bonus damage to the base right of the bat. Seriously, it needs it.

- Each tick of miasma inflicts a guaranteed corrosive proc. Yes, they will stack.

- If Viral is present: Reset the duration of ALL status effects on the target at every tick of miasma.

Conclusion:

I'm severely disappointed with the quality of Saryn's rework compared to how Excalibur's and Frost's turned out. Reworks are supposed to revise a frame's skill set and bring it up to the game's current play level, which this one severely fails to do. I do admit the new Sayrn is much more fun to play then before her rework. However she is a lost lots of effectiveness in the process. I believe if the changes above are in place, she would have a place in the meta as a debuff/CC frame.

I don't believe DOT is a viable theme in this game at its current state. Horde mode games are about eliminating waves of enemies as fast as possible at any given time and Saryn's current kit cannot hold up at later levels when armor scaling becomes insane. DOT cannot work by itself and needs  complementary status effects to keep Saryn safe while the damage is ticking. Seeing how DE is adverse about giving Saryn more damage, CC is the way to go.

EDIT: Formatting

This is a great idea.

Just give Saryn a toggle 4, so she generates spores around her as long as she has energy and move her miasma(detonate button) somewhere else.

Then again...it'll kinda turn her into Ember, but hell...Ember does more damage with 2,3 4 combo than Saryn...while not being hurt by duration that much.

4) Spores

5) Molt

6) Toxic Slash

- Either add functionality to ranged weapons at lessened effectiveness and make it a toggle ...

- Or remove entirely and give Saryn a poison/viral/corrosive variant of Accelerant.

7) Miasma

Conclusion:

I'm severely disappointed with the quality of Saryn's rework compared to how Excalibur's and Frost's turned out. Reworks are supposed to revise a frame's skill set and bring it up to the game's current play level, which this one severely fails to do. I do admit the new Sayrn is much more fun to play than before her rework. However she is a lost lots of effectiveness in the process. I believe if the changes above are in place, she would have a place in the meta as a debuff/CC frame.

Yeeeeh... This is fantastic.

This is literally THE perfect solution. XD

4) Spores

5) Molt

6) Toxic Slash

7) Miasma

Conclusion:

have you put this in the saryn mega thread because these are some pretty decent solutions. 

have you put this in the saryn mega thread because these are some pretty decent solutions. 

No, I haven't yet. I'm under the assumption that the thread is already so flooded that this would barely get any attention. I highly doubt DE will take the time to shift through the whole thread anyway, so I just made the post here

No, I haven't yet. I'm under the assumption that the thread is already so flooded that this would barely get any attention. I highly doubt DE will take the time to shift through the whole thread anyway, so I just made the post here

I honestly think you should pop it in there, even if it does get washed over from other posts it is some legitimate solution(s) and I find them quite fair.

Plus [DE] will most likely read 90% of the topic, to which I hope they'll stumble upon your idea(s).